Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube Removes Movie Trailer Questioning Whether People Are Born Gay  (Read 1849 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:24:07 PM

All right , this is not very astonishing for me, because in this era where many country happily boasts about homosexuality , the freedom of the same is still taken away from the people. Sad but not surprising.

#lovewins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:55:40 PM

All right , this is not very astonishing for me, because in this era where many country happily boasts about homosexuality , the freedom of the same is still taken away from the people. Sad but not surprising.

#lovewins

The problem is also that people will probably paint calling homosexuality a sin as being homophobic, when I couldn't care less about gay marriage (as in they should be free to marry).

I encourage having people be free to do what they want to do. But that also includes religions being free to not want to participate in something they find sinful (so long as it doesn't hurt someone). And by hurt, I mean things like raping, and killing etc, not just offending someone. There is at least one religion that offends me, doesn't mean I want to see them having their rights taken away just for that.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:47:25 AM

Quote from: ShakyhandsBTCer  link=topic=1111641.msg11839295#msg11839295 date=1436518298
What we have in science is a "nature-vs-nuture" debate. If homosexuality was exclusively by the way someone was raised, then you'd expect to see a very low rate of concordance in those separated twins (i.e. the twins raised in different homes by different people would have an expected homosexuality rate around the population average, rather than the 30% seen in the studies). There's other ambiguous evidence, like MRI scans that show structural differences in the brains of men and women, and homosexual men have brains that match the shape of women in certain areas

My hypothesis is that environmental factors affect the outcome in the case of twins one major factor would be water which is why we see low genetic variances among twins separated from birth.

First, I want to point out, I didn't write that, in the quote, lol.

ShakyhandsBTCer did.

I know my thoughts are considered nuts (so everyone can ignore me), but I would attribute it to demonic oppression.

Twins born but separated, maybe have a generational demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality) in common. Which is why you would see a higher correlation, but not that high.

That's way less likely than just growing up (and committing sin / not asking for forgiveness) and collecting demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality). Or you can get it from things that happen to you. This can happen with a mother saying, I wish you were a girl to her son, etc. Or someone calling someone ugly, you look like a boy (to a girl) etc. Also, worst, being sexually harassed/exploited/molested as a child. Holding onto these judgements that others put on you, or the hurt, and/or shame, can cause unforgiveness, etc. The Lord's prayer is hinged on forgiving others. We ask for forgiveness as we forgive others. Because how can we ask for mercy for ourselves if we don't give it to others? It's hard for people to forgive others for that horrible things they do, I know. But it can really hurt you more by being angry and hurt all the time, instead of letting it go, and asking for God to fill you up with acceptance (if you feel dejected), etc.

Of course all these thoughts, don't mean I think that those centers trying to "cure" homosexuality would work. It would truly depend on the person a) believing in God/Jesus as their savor, b) forgiving others, c) forgiving themselves if they feel like they didn't do all they could in situations, d) asking for forgiveness for their sins, (which they would have to believe that the sin was a sin) and e) praying and trying to live without sin as much as possible, etc.

Note: if a homosexual believes in Jesus and asks for forgiveness for their sins truly, (skipping homosexuality because they don't believe it's a sin). I totally think they'd go to Heaven, just IMHO. Smiley

Sorry about that misquoted the wrong person there are boxes everywhere when trying to cut a part of a long quote butchered it and fixed.

Genetics drift can be a factor especially with near identical DNA at birth where differences are based on environmental conditions over time an issue in one person usually appears in the other if they are raised in the same environment, however if its a different one the genetic issue might not occur since it's a theory your free to make your own and I can see demonic oppression as the spiritual equivalent of madness in the soul. As Wilkon said were all a bit nutty its just some deny their nuts more than others or use nutcrackers (Reference to the Hillary Clinton nutcracker in that thread Tongue)

In terms of forgiveness the question is how far does one forgive if their is justice in another world after death would it not be best to make a heaven on earth as well and in terms of who goes to heaven as long as they in the end work towards making a better world then that is good but as the idiom goes the road to hell was paved with good intentions so as Elvis said a little less conversation, and a little more action makes the world a better place.

As for freedom of opinion everyone deserves to have their voice heard else we will have no progress.
(Or we will all end up with too many sensibilities and be afraid to have action done when its needed)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:45:51 PM

Quote from: ShakyhandsBTCer  link=topic=1111641.msg11839295#msg11839295 date=1436518298
What we have in science is a "nature-vs-nuture" debate. If homosexuality was exclusively by the way someone was raised, then you'd expect to see a very low rate of concordance in those separated twins (i.e. the twins raised in different homes by different people would have an expected homosexuality rate around the population average, rather than the 30% seen in the studies). There's other ambiguous evidence, like MRI scans that show structural differences in the brains of men and women, and homosexual men have brains that match the shape of women in certain areas

My hypothesis is that environmental factors affect the outcome in the case of twins one major factor would be water which is why we see low genetic variances among twins separated from birth.

First, I want to point out, I didn't write that, in the quote, lol.

ShakyhandsBTCer did.

I know my thoughts are considered nuts (so everyone can ignore me), but I would attribute it to demonic oppression.

Twins born but separated, maybe have a generational demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality) in common. Which is why you would see a higher correlation, but not that high.

That's way less likely than just growing up (and committing sin / not asking for forgiveness) and collecting demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality). Or you can get it from things that happen to you. This can happen with a mother saying, I wish you were a girl to her son, etc. Or someone calling someone ugly, you look like a boy (to a girl) etc. Also, worst, being sexually harassed/exploited/molested as a child. Holding onto these judgements that others put on you, or the hurt, and/or shame, can cause unforgiveness, etc. The Lord's prayer is hinged on forgiving others. We ask for forgiveness as we forgive others. Because how can we ask for mercy for ourselves if we don't give it to others? It's hard for people to forgive others for that horrible things they do, I know. But it can really hurt you more by being angry and hurt all the time, instead of letting it go, and asking for God to fill you up with acceptance (if you feel dejected), etc.

Of course all these thoughts, don't mean I think that those centers trying to "cure" homosexuality would work. It would truly depend on the person a) believing in God/Jesus as their savor, b) forgiving others, c) forgiving themselves if they feel like they didn't do all they could in situations, d) asking for forgiveness for their sins, (which they would have to believe that the sin was a sin) and e) praying and trying to live without sin as much as possible, etc.

Note: if a homosexual believes in Jesus and asks for forgiveness for their sins truly, (skipping homosexuality because they don't believe it's a sin). I totally think they'd go to Heaven, just IMHO. Smiley

Sorry about that misquoted the wrong person there are boxes everywhere when trying to cut a part of a long quote butchered it and fixed.

Genetics drift can be a factor especially with near identical DNA at birth where differences are based on environmental conditions over time an issue in one person usually appears in the other if they are raised in the same environment, however if its a different one the genetic issue might not occur since it's a theory your free to make your own and I can see demonic oppression as the spiritual equivalent of madness in the soul. As Wilkon said were all a bit nutty its just some deny their nuts more than others or use nutcrackers (Reference to the Hillary Clinton nutcracker in that thread Tongue)

In terms of forgiveness the question is how far does one forgive if their is justice in another world after death would it not be best to make a heaven on earth as well and in terms of who goes to heaven as long as they in the end work towards making a better world then that is good but as the idiom goes the road to hell was paved with good intentions so as Elvis said a little less conversation, and a little more action makes the world a better place.

As for freedom of opinion everyone deserves to have their voice heard else we will have no progress.
(Or we will all end up with too many sensibilities and be afraid to have action done when its needed)

There should be, ideally, perfect forgiveness on earth. We should individually attempt to forgive everyone at all times, not to let anyone off the hook, but to not be burdened by our pain/anger. Remember the saying to "forgive but not forget?" Forgiving doesn't mean ignoring the hurt or danger a person may cause. It's just a matter of letting go of our pain, personally, and protecting ourselves by knowing better next time.

We are to treat others like we wish we would be treated, but that alone can never make everything perfect. Because people may be ok with something, another person is not. Like those who love to party have music loud, would not care if there are loud noises, because they don't think there's anything wrong with it. Which means you usually have to put yourself in the place of the other person, like if you know your neighbor gets up early for work and might like it quieter even if you wouldn't care.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:08:04 AM

Judging is part of our dna. Judging is what helped our ancestors to make the right decisions all the way to now so we are alive today and share whatever on this forum.

What plant to eat. What animal to trust. What road to take. What tribe to ally with. Everyone who took the wrong roads are not here to tell anymore, nor are their descendants.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: