Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:28:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing BitBay.com - Today I put an exclusive bitcoin marketplace online  (Read 2061 times)
bitbay.com (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:11:03 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 10:16:53 AM by bitbay.com

Welcome to a fiat-free marketplace! 

Hopefully, one day this could be a place where everything we need to live a happy life can be located and traded for bitcoin without having to use traditional fiat currency.

If you have a moment, please take a look and feel free to give me your feedback: http://bitbay.com

This hybrid mobile app / website is fully working so if you like, you can list or trade on it now. Thanks!

http://bitbay.com/splash_wide.png

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:30:18 PM

Good job. The main problem tho is still, how are people supossed to buy their bitcoins if their money is controlled?
And the amount of people aware of BTC is still too low, people is ignorant.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:31:05 PM

I wish I had a US-based international shipping forwarder.

Good job. The main problem tho is still, how are people supossed to buy their bitcoins if their money is controlled?

Greeks should be posting their stuff for sale on bitbay so they get paid BTC.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:36:05 PM

I wish I had a US-based international shipping forwarder.

Greeks should be posting their stuff for sale on bitbay so they get paid BTC.
First I like the design of site it is very professional and nice. There is very few products listed but it is to be expected. Site is new and the area of cryptocurrency market is a niche.
It is not ideal to sell things for BTC when list of goods you can buy directly with it is so limited. You still need to convert your BTC to euro in most cases.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:37:53 PM

The bitbay marketplace is FREE to list and FREE to trade.
If we can get Greeks to sell less-needed stuff on bitbay, they'll receive bitcoin and then can buy more-needed stuff on bitbay.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:42:15 PM

If we can get Greeks to sell less-needed stuff on bitbay, they'll receive bitcoin and then can buy more-needed stuff on bitbay.
Yes, the idea behind it is great in theory it could be awesome and better than any fiat market. But only when you could buy Everything on bitbay, for now there is like 10 items listed.
And one more thing, how does it work exactly, because I am worried about scams. Say: someone listed item I want to buy -> I buy it and pay him BTC -> he can scam me and grab my btc without sending me anything.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:43:05 PM

Nice attempt. But, you could think of a better design. I cant even properly navigate to the bottom of your website. I am using Google chrome.

bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:46:00 PM

Nice attempt. But, you could think of a better design. I cant even properly navigate to the bottom of your website. I am using Google chrome.

Oh thats not good  Undecided

Please try now.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Please try now.

Yah... better now. Still, you could think of a responsive design. Current one is fixed to the center of my screen. And the menu does not appear to be clickable, but something comes down when I click!

bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:53:04 PM

Please try now.

Yah... better now. Still, you could think of a responsive design. Current one is fixed to the center of my screen. And the menu does not appear to be clickable, but something comes down when I click!

I'm not a fan of responsive design.
I went for this mobile first, hybrid design. Its a website laid out like an app and should work on all devices of all screen sizes.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:59:19 PM

Yes, the idea behind it is great in theory it could be awesome and better than any fiat market. But only when you could buy Everything on bitbay, for now there is like 10 items listed.
And one more thing, how does it work exactly, because I am worried about scams. Say: someone listed item I want to buy -> I buy it and pay him BTC -> he can scam me and grab my btc without sending me anything.

I am going to see if I can get some BTC Escrow members from BitcoinTalk involved to provide escrow services possibly.
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:02:24 PM

Hi , why the site is not Https?!?
It can be worst for the safety of transaction and for the user info.?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 09:02:58 PM

Your site is simple, fairly easy to use and has a smooth feeling.

However I don't think it is clear enough that the 'All Stuff Available", "From The World" and "Most Recently" are drop down menus.

Do you have a twitter? Also you need really need https

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:05:39 PM

Hi , why the site is not Https?!?
It can be worst for the safety of transaction and for the user info.?

Hi, 

The site does not handle transactions or much user info. You can list items with just an email address.

I will look into making it https anyway though.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:12:31 PM

However I don't think it is clear enough that the 'All Stuff Available", "From The World" and "Most Recently" are drop down menus.

Thank you. I will look into the menu design a bit more. And also https. I don't have twitter.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:15:05 PM

I like it!

Easy user interface, clean graphics, how do I sign up? Maybe you could generate some early promotion by declaring that some of the fees you collect will be donated to a Greece charity for a specific period of time?

Greece could be a great example of how a group of citizens can make a full switch from fiat to bitcoin. Do you know anyone on the ground in Greece that can give us some sense of the mood toward Bitcoin?

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Thank you. I will look into the menu design a bit more. And also https. I don't have twitter.

Great but I think you should have some social media, maybe tweeting the latest items on the marketplace - get your service out there!

Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:16:25 PM

I really like the domain name.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:22:32 PM

I really like the domain name.

Thanks. I searched for days and found this one available on Sedo.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:28:37 PM

Great but I think you should have some social media, maybe tweeting the latest items on the marketplace - get your service out there!

That sounds like a good idea!  Smiley
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:25:27 PM

I've added my first listing, many more to come!  And I'm selling cheaper than I would on ebay since they end up taking over 10% between fees and Paypal.

I'll also be adding all the listings I had put up at onewallet.io, it seemed like a great Bitcoin site but they never got any traffic and I never sold anything there.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:36:05 AM

Hi,

This morning I added some arrow markers to the select menus that you mentioned above.
This should hopefully help indicate that they can be clicked on. Thanks!
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:33:46 AM

For some reason I can only open it in a mobile version.
Loving the minimalist feel though, will watch!

EDIT:

*Most Recent
not most recently
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 10:53:36 AM

Hi,

This morning I added some arrow markers to the select menus that you mentioned above.
This should hopefully help indicate that they can be clicked on. Thanks!

That's easier to pickup, good work. Also good to see people starting to build up the listings.

bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:04:47 AM

For some reason I can only open it in a mobile version.
Loving the minimalist feel though, will watch!

EDIT:

*Most Recent
not most recently

It is a hybrid website-app design that takes a mobile first approach.

Thanks for the tip. I've just corrected the spelling Smiley
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:22:00 AM

I've added my first listing, many more to come!  And I'm selling cheaper than I would on ebay since they end up taking over 10% between fees and Paypal.

I'll also be adding all the listings I had put up at onewallet.io, it seemed like a great Bitcoin site but they never got any traffic and I never sold anything there.

Hey, thanks for listing!  Cool
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:25:13 AM

This is a good idea considering this:

This is the traffic from Greece on BlockTrail's Bitcoin Block Explorer https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC  

cool site Smiley

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:48:54 PM

Hey, Just created a twitter account: http://twitter.com/bitbaycom
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:08:59 PM

Hey, Just created a twitter account: http://twitter.com/bitbaycom

Just followed and retweeted Smiley

b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:22:30 PM

Let's say people in greece could sell their products to the international community and they paid in bitcoin, and greece people received their bitcoin and then they convert or sell their bitcoin to Euro and then the problem is start. all the  Banks that operated in greece are closed or the ATM not operating or closed too. how they can use their bitcoin if the banking system colaps there in greece.

May be we have to see another liquid asset i.e Gold...my point is if there is a market place to trade bitcoin with gold or hold with bitcoin may be people in greece can convert their bitcoin to gold and then sell their gold to fiat in the traditional market gold..and that's it...we dont need any bank service to buy or sell our bitcoin just convert it to gold and then sell the gold to fiat currency
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:49:32 PM

Let's say people in greece could sell their products to the international community and they paid in bitcoin, and greece people received their bitcoin and then they convert or sell their bitcoin to Euro and then the problem is start. all the  Banks that operated in greece are closed or the ATM not operating or closed too. how they can use their bitcoin if the banking system colaps there in greece.

May be we have to see another liquid asset i.e Gold...my point is if there is a market place to trade bitcoin with gold or hold with bitcoin may be people in greece can convert their bitcoin to gold and then sell their gold to fiat in the traditional market gold..and that's it...we dont need any bank service to buy or sell our bitcoin just convert it to gold and then sell the gold to fiat currency

Imagine though if they never needed to convert back to Euros from bitcoin... What if everything you ever needed could be bought with bitcoin.. There would be no need for any other currency - sell for btc and buy with btc.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 10:08:47 PM

Imagine though if they never needed to convert back to Euros from bitcoin... What if everything you ever needed could be bought with bitcoin.. There would be no need for any other currency - sell for btc and buy with btc.

It's called "closing the loop".

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:17:24 PM

I think this is quite a nice and useful idea. Indeed, especially for people who cannot use their bankaccount (as this might be controlled; limited or even frozen). However, I think that if that is the fact, it's quite sad for people that they're obligated to sell stuff in order to become some kind of currency. (It's really sad to see elderly in Greece not being able to pay for groceries of medicines because they cannot get enough money out of an ATM)..

I already saw an offer from Greece (http://bitbay.com/?view=look&id=Sf5nHWIUuh). Someone wants to place a mobile home near a beach? ^^

As mentioned earlier, the design is really easy. I quite like that: there's no need to make a complicated design. This one is quite straight forward, as it should.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:31:49 AM

that is what we are always dreaming of as the community of bitcoin to buy everything with bitcoin but to make it really happen the country let's say Greece need to build many infrastructure to build the system such as build the merchants that accepting bitcoin build the system payment to pay Bus ticket to pay medicine payment with bitcoin and other things...but it will be interesting if it will be a reality when bitcoin to be a reall currency in any coutry
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:01:45 PM

If you have a moment, please take a look and feel free to give me your feedback: http://bitbay.com

People gonna confuse this with others of same name...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=924646.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850267.0

http://www.newsbtc.com/2014/12/12/newly-launched-decentralized-marketplace-bitbay-turns-huge-scandal/
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:25:57 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 08:46:06 PM by bitbay.com

Oh no.. What's this..? Was bitbay.net a scam website?

Just to clarify, bitbay.com has nothing to do with these people whatsoever.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:14:54 PM

OK so this could be rather confusing..

I've found:

• bitbay.net
  • bitbaymarket.net
  • bitbays.com
  • bter.com/coininfo/BAY (aka BitBay)
  • bitbay.com  Roll Eyes

bitbay.com being the only ~ bitcoin bay ~ marketplace that I'm reping.

If anyone gets a little confused as to which one is which - just look for the big, yellow, official bitbay.com logo:  

http://bitbay.com/app_icon.png

I believe bitbay.com is the only bitbay app/website branded in yellow and the only app/website that has ever used the six character, top-level dotcom domain name.

Apologise for any confusion!
runpaint

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:20:41 PM

I think it's great.  Maybe you should register BitcoinBay.com and have it redirect to the main site.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:04:48 PM

I think it's great.  Maybe you should register BitcoinBay.com and have it redirect to the main site.

Thank you runpaint! That would probably be a good idea.

Mind you.. I was lucky enough to be able to get hold of the domain name I have considering how many bitcoin domains are [re]sold at premiums.
Not sure if I would be so lucky to get another at an affordable price tbh lol
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:31:45 AM

Just a few questions: Why did you put this together...? Is it for spreading/adoption of bitcoin or do you think it will help the citizens of Greece?

As stated, EU will never let this go too far, e.g. starving people, and the left-wing government of Greece should pay their dept by reforming the countries economy radically (but that wont happen with the current government who think they can live off other's funds).
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:36:32 PM

Just a few questions: Why did you put this together...? Is it for spreading/adoption of bitcoin or do you think it will help the citizens of Greece?

As stated, EU will never let this go too far, e.g. starving people, and the left-wing government of Greece should pay their dept by reforming the countries economy radically (but that wont happen with the current government who think they can live off other's funds).

Hi,

Just want to give [all] people a place where we can get anything we need with bitcoin.

The situation in Greece where its citizens can't make any e-payments at all or withdraw [their own] cash above €60 per day, was the push to build such a place.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:29:09 PM

I emailed you about adding my escrow service
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:36:40 PM

I emailed you about adding my escrow service

Thank you starsoccer9.

Going to start with monbux's service but will get back to looking at others soon!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:48:54 PM

nice domain name. How much did you pay for it?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:03:31 PM

Sorry, wouldn't want to say tbh. But thank you!
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:07:41 PM

Sorry, wouldn't want to say tbh. But thank you!

So, you dint register it first and its bought from aftermarket ?
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

Really good site and idea you had, I applaud  you for this.

Could you possible put links on your site, to food sites, can you even buy food in Greece (its important) with Bitcoin?
The future of people in Greece right now is dismal (sad about that) more austerity for them.

And its gone.
runpaint

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:34:59 PM

can you even buy food in Greece (its important) with Bitcoin?

Anyone who sells anything can accept Bitcoin if they want. 

You can buy anything anywhere with Bitcoin, unlike U.S. Dollars or British Pounds or Chinese Yuan. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:43:01 PM

You can buy anything anywhere with Bitcoin, unlike U.S. Dollars or British Pounds or Chinese Yuan. 

But can you buy food in Greece with Bitcoin?
Buying food from other countries would be more expensive, don't you think.

And its gone.
runpaint

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:51:17 PM

But can you buy food in Greece with Bitcoin?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 11:56:13 PM

The search box isn't finding anything that is obviously on the site, like Akrotiri or violin.

bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:22:41 PM

The search box isn't finding anything that is obviously on the site, like Akrotiri or violin.

Thanks for the tip! 

It seems to currently be case sensitive (works when using correct the case).

I'm working on a fix now.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:51:28 PM

Thanks TheButterZone - this is now fixed Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: