Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing BitBay.com - Today I put an exclusive bitcoin marketplace online  (Read 2061 times)
bitbay.com (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:11:03 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 10:16:53 AM by bitbay.com

Welcome to a fiat-free marketplace! 

Hopefully, one day this could be a place where everything we need to live a happy life can be located and traded for bitcoin without having to use traditional fiat currency.

If you have a moment, please take a look and feel free to give me your feedback: http://bitbay.com

This hybrid mobile app / website is fully working so if you like, you can list or trade on it now. Thanks!

http://bitbay.com/splash_wide.png

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:30:18 PM

Good job. The main problem tho is still, how are people supossed to buy their bitcoins if their money is controlled?
And the amount of people aware of BTC is still too low, people is ignorant.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:31:05 PM

I wish I had a US-based international shipping forwarder.

Good job. The main problem tho is still, how are people supossed to buy their bitcoins if their money is controlled?

Greeks should be posting their stuff for sale on bitbay so they get paid BTC.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:36:05 PM

I wish I had a US-based international shipping forwarder.

Greeks should be posting their stuff for sale on bitbay so they get paid BTC.
First I like the design of site it is very professional and nice. There is very few products listed but it is to be expected. Site is new and the area of cryptocurrency market is a niche.
It is not ideal to sell things for BTC when list of goods you can buy directly with it is so limited. You still need to convert your BTC to euro in most cases.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:37:53 PM

The bitbay marketplace is FREE to list and FREE to trade.
If we can get Greeks to sell less-needed stuff on bitbay, they'll receive bitcoin and then can buy more-needed stuff on bitbay.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:42:15 PM

If we can get Greeks to sell less-needed stuff on bitbay, they'll receive bitcoin and then can buy more-needed stuff on bitbay.
Yes, the idea behind it is great in theory it could be awesome and better than any fiat market. But only when you could buy Everything on bitbay, for now there is like 10 items listed.
And one more thing, how does it work exactly, because I am worried about scams. Say: someone listed item I want to buy -> I buy it and pay him BTC -> he can scam me and grab my btc without sending me anything.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:43:05 PM

Nice attempt. But, you could think of a better design. I cant even properly navigate to the bottom of your website. I am using Google chrome.

bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:46:00 PM

Nice attempt. But, you could think of a better design. I cant even properly navigate to the bottom of your website. I am using Google chrome.

Oh thats not good  Undecided

Please try now.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Please try now.

Yah... better now. Still, you could think of a responsive design. Current one is fixed to the center of my screen. And the menu does not appear to be clickable, but something comes down when I click!

bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:53:04 PM

Please try now.

Yah... better now. Still, you could think of a responsive design. Current one is fixed to the center of my screen. And the menu does not appear to be clickable, but something comes down when I click!

I'm not a fan of responsive design.
I went for this mobile first, hybrid design. Its a website laid out like an app and should work on all devices of all screen sizes.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:59:19 PM

Yes, the idea behind it is great in theory it could be awesome and better than any fiat market. But only when you could buy Everything on bitbay, for now there is like 10 items listed.
And one more thing, how does it work exactly, because I am worried about scams. Say: someone listed item I want to buy -> I buy it and pay him BTC -> he can scam me and grab my btc without sending me anything.

I am going to see if I can get some BTC Escrow members from BitcoinTalk involved to provide escrow services possibly.
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:02:24 PM

Hi , why the site is not Https?!?
It can be worst for the safety of transaction and for the user info.?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 09:02:58 PM

Your site is simple, fairly easy to use and has a smooth feeling.

However I don't think it is clear enough that the 'All Stuff Available", "From The World" and "Most Recently" are drop down menus.

Do you have a twitter? Also you need really need https

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:05:39 PM

Hi , why the site is not Https?!?
It can be worst for the safety of transaction and for the user info.?

Hi, 

The site does not handle transactions or much user info. You can list items with just an email address.

I will look into making it https anyway though.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:12:31 PM

However I don't think it is clear enough that the 'All Stuff Available", "From The World" and "Most Recently" are drop down menus.

Thank you. I will look into the menu design a bit more. And also https. I don't have twitter.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:15:05 PM

I like it!

Easy user interface, clean graphics, how do I sign up? Maybe you could generate some early promotion by declaring that some of the fees you collect will be donated to a Greece charity for a specific period of time?

Greece could be a great example of how a group of citizens can make a full switch from fiat to bitcoin. Do you know anyone on the ground in Greece that can give us some sense of the mood toward Bitcoin?

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Thank you. I will look into the menu design a bit more. And also https. I don't have twitter.

Great but I think you should have some social media, maybe tweeting the latest items on the marketplace - get your service out there!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:16:25 PM

I really like the domain name.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:22:32 PM

I really like the domain name.

Thanks. I searched for days and found this one available on Sedo.
bitbay.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:28:37 PM

Great but I think you should have some social media, maybe tweeting the latest items on the marketplace - get your service out there!

That sounds like a good idea!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: