Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:35:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much Bitcoin to move to the UK/USA ?  (Read 1702 times)
RappelzReborn (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:35:09 PM

Alright . First of all this thread is not for trolling and only for serious people who are willing to help me with providing good informations .

I live in Algeria which is a rich country with oil , gaz and gold and other crap basically but it's still shit . I'am just a simple teenager with big dreams .
I may move to England or United State of America and I would like how much USD should I need or basically how much BTC do I need to move there (as a start) and what does it take to find a good or decent salary job and how easy/hard it is . (price for living monthly etc ... ) what ever you think it's necessary informations just throw them at me .

Pretty sure that this thread should belong into Economics because I'am speaking about Finance and money etc ... thank you Smiley

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:37:07 PM

Depending where you live in the US, cost of living fluctuates. As a rule of thumb, $1,000 USD per month should be enough.
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:47:26 PM

Depending where you live in the US, cost of living fluctuates. As a rule of thumb, $1,000 USD per month should be enough.

I meant as a start , If I plan to live for the next 50 years (If I live that long) that Means I will need shitload of money . when I said as I start I meant the time to find a job and a place to rent etc ...

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:50:36 PM

I meant as a start , If I plan to live for the next 50 years (If I live that long) that Means I will need shitload of money . when I said as I start I meant the time to find a job and a place to rent etc ...

I would personally recommend no less than $2,000. I'm sure that you could get away with less than that, maybe even as low as $1,000, but with a lower amount you risk of not being able to afford rent if you don't get a job soon after moving.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:52:50 PM

"Simple teenager with big dreams"...that's the best way to start a move to the UK or US!

I'd suggest moving to the US, it has cheaper cost of living and potentially more business opportunity than England. If you want to stay closer to home, go to England.

I'd also suggest having BTC25-40 with you when you make the trip. Depending where you go in the US it can be quite expensive (NYC, DC, Chicago, Miami, LA, SF) for housing and you'll need some coin to hold you over until you can get a job. What kind of work do you plan to do?

Good luck to you!

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:53:30 PM

First of all, it's not possible to just move to the US w/o first getting a visa of some sort which isn't exactly an easy process. Furthermore, there's a major immigration debate going on over here and it's focused mainly on those coming from South America. In addition, most teenagers here tend to have minimum wage jobs as that's pretty much all that's available unless you've been working for years and have a resume that would make you competitive to be hired at a higher rate. There's just not up and coming middle class or upwardly mobile jobs available thanks to the Bush/Obama years and the horizon doesn't look pretty either. Most current young people here have no future unless they went to college for a career in demand but the majority of degrees will get you nothing but student loan debt. Learning a trade like plumbing, electrical or heating and cooling will get you way further than college pound for pound.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:48:51 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 12:06:47 AM by gentlemand

I'm in the UK.

Unless you find a local to marry or have some massively in demand skills or have a company who'll sponsor you, the most straightforward way is to get in on an investment type of visa.

To get one of them I think you need to prove you're bringing in a certain amount of money or guaranteeing to employ a number of natives.

If it's the EU you could just buy yourself some citizenship and move to the UK which would probably be cheaper. Quite a few countries do this, Bulgaria would probably be the cheapest.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ceciliarodriguez/2014/03/17/for-150000-you-can-buy-bulgarian-eu-citizenship/

You could get in easily with a student visa and maybe try to get a job and change it when there but the cost of education is almost as bad as the US now. You might be looking at $25,000 a year just in fees for university.

There are also new rules proposed about immigrants being sent back after a certain numbers of years if they're not earning enough, it's a whole lot more than national average too. That being the case I'd much prefer to have EU citizenship than anything job or money dependent.

Compared to anywhere else in Europe, Britain's one of the few places where foreigners are just as welcome to get a good job as the locals. If I moved to France or Spain I wouldn't have a hope in hell of being favoured over a native regardless of language skills.

Living costs massively depend on where you are. London is horrific but that's where the jobs are. Lots of Brits are trapped in London because they can't earn anywhere near the same anywhere else.

Somewhere up north might be 30% of the cost for accommodation. If you had maybe $10,000 that might last you six months for everything if you were careful.

If I wanted to do what you want to do, I would look into getting a job with a multinational company in Algeria and get yourself transferred across to the country you want. If you have the skills then anywhere is possible and they can do all the hard work for you. The oil and gas industry is the obvious one.

RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:57:48 AM

@Possum577 , When you said 25-40 BTC which is basically like 10k $ right now  , you meant there value right now or after x years .
for the UK It wouldn't be a problem because visa is most likely easy to get if I have money , I have family there and they can sent me whatever the file name is (his bills , adress , passport and those stuff ... ) .

However for what comes to USA , yes It may be a lot harder for me . also for what comes to the job , I'am not asking much beside I know a lot of people with no degree at all and doing some decent jobs with like 3k / month  , also how bad is it to work in McDonald or something like that ? Shocked
We don't even have such fast foods here so not sure what is the payment and how hard is it to get such a job .

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:41:52 AM

However for what comes to USA , yes It may be a lot harder for me . also for what comes to the job , I'am not asking much beside I know a lot of people with no degree at all and doing some decent jobs with like 3k / month  , also how bad is it to work in McDonald or something like that ? Shocked
We don't even have such fast foods here so not sure what is the payment and how hard is it to get such a job .

It would make it so much easier if you could find a way to make a wage online before moving.  That way you haven't got to fuck about with trying to get some bullshit job.  Its not easy to find ways to make a living online but its possible, i've made a living online firstly via online poker (dont do that) and after that i've made a living via ebay.   If i were younger and starting out there seems to be a ton of money in coding, i'd do that.

I knew many people who moved to UK from abroad where i used to live, i actually used to hang out with a bunch of them.  All worked in factories and warehouses etc, they worked pretty hard for not that much money i guess. 

I dont know the specific laws on algerians moving to UK so cant help with the legal side of things but if that all works out.... ideally you want 6 months living expenses, get a room in a house share with internet, you'll be good to go.  I'd say to be comfortable you'd want $5000 or £3000 gbp.
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:47:03 AM

It would make it so much easier if you could find a way to make a wage online before moving.  That way you haven't got to fuck about with trying to get some bullshit job.  Its not easy to find ways to make a living online but its possible, i've made a living online firstly via online poker (dont do that) and after that i've made a living via ebay.   If i were younger and starting out there seems to be a ton of money in coding, i'd do that.

I knew many people who moved to UK from abroad where i used to live, i actually used to hang out with a bunch of them.  All worked in factories and warehouses etc, they worked pretty hard for not that much money i guess. 

I dont know the specific laws on algerians moving to UK so cant help with the legal side of things but if that all works out.... ideally you want 6 months living expenses, get a room in a house share with internet, you'll be good to go.  I'd say to be comfortable you'd want $5000 or £3000 gbp.

That's exactly what I want to do, and that's why I'am making money and keep making money right now and yes it's online , I'am just a high school teenger as I said however I'am doing good for what comes to money . and I'am really good at saving it instead of spending it at each thing I like .

For what comes to the 5000$ mentioned , is that enough to live on a room with internet for 6 months ? Shocked Also do you know how hard is to find a decent job as I said nothing big like McDonald or any other famous fast food that pays well .

WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:23:12 AM

However for what comes to USA , yes It may be a lot harder for me . also for what comes to the job , I'am not asking much beside I know a lot of people with no degree at all and doing some decent jobs with like 3k / month  , also how bad is it to work in McDonald or something like that ? Shocked

It would make it so much easier if you could find a way to make a wage online before moving.  That way you haven't got to fuck about with trying to get some bullshit job.  Its not easy to find ways to make a living online but its possible, i've made a living online firstly via online poker (dont do that) and after that i've made a living via ebay.   If i were younger and starting out there seems to be a ton of money in coding, i'd do that.

I knew many people who moved to UK from abroad where i used to live, i actually used to hang out with a bunch of them.  All worked in factories and warehouses etc, they worked pretty hard for not that much money i guess.  

I dont know the specific laws on algerians moving to UK so cant help with the legal side of things but if that all works out.... ideally you want 6 months living expenses, get a room in a house share with internet, you'll be good to go.  I'd say to be comfortable you'd want $5000 or £3000 gbp.

That's exactly what I want to do, and that's why I'am making money and keep making money right now and yes it's online , I'am just a high school teenger as I said however I'am doing good for what comes to money . and I'am really good at saving it instead of spending it at each thing I like .

For what comes to the 5000$ mentioned , is that enough to live on a room with internet for 6 months ? Shocked Also do you know how hard is to find a decent job as I said nothing big like McDonald or any other famous fast food that pays well .

$5000 is a good amount to cover you for 6 months living in a decent house share, you can do it for cheaper if you have friends, i knew a guy who came with nothing and stayed with friends until he got a job.  

With $5k You will eat well and have money to do what you need to do for 6 months.  Dont go for the very cheapest living standards, try to find a nice quiet place that looks nice in a nice area, with nice people living in it, its worth the extra 20% etc you'd pay for something like that.  If you try and find the very cheapest living accomodation you'll end up living with idiots playing loud music, drinking at all hours, generally pissing you off left right and centre.

Its very easy to get a basic job like factory/warehouse/fast food/data entry job if you a physically able, you can just sign up with employment agencies who can probably have you in a job in under 1-2 weeks.   Every town/city has several employment agencies, you have 1 interview with them and they deal with all the rest as they have contracts with employers.
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:54:23 AM

I personally like New York , LA (I guess I'am thinking big ?) , I do have a friend however he is on Ohayo and I don't know him real life , only from internet but he is very good and friendy but never asked him to be honest . (If He is willing to help me or not ) and not sure how life is there , I imagine tornado's and shit there ... last time I saw news I heard they had big disaster but he said he is okey and not on his area Shocked

Also when you say "With $5k You will eat well and have money to do what you need to do for 6 months" , I'am really thinking what's the definition of "eating well" does it mean buying stuff and cook my self or fast food is good to go ? Grin isn't faster food expensive then normal food on your country ?

an a good place to live = split rent between roomates (how much would that cost in different cities and towns (just estimated) ) ? correct ? I'am sorry if I'am wasting your time etc .. but in our country only few people rent , most of us buy

WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:13:32 AM

Also when you say "With $5k You will eat well and have money to do what you need to do for 6 months" , I'am really thinking what's the definition of "eating well" does it mean buying stuff and cook my self or fast food is good to go ? Grin isn't faster food expensive then normal food on your country ?

an a good place to live = split rent between roomates (how much would that cost in different cities and towns (just estimated) ) ? correct ? I'am sorry if I'am wasting your time etc .. but in our country only few people rent , most of us buy

Eating well is home cooked meals mostly with occasional eat out.  You'll never been able to eat as good eating out regularly vs making some food at home imo.   I just moved house and during the move i ate out 7 nights in a row, i felt like shite after.  Felt so much better when had a few home cooked meals.

Fast food is just junk, only eat it occasionally or not at all if you want to be healthy.

You wont be able to buy anywhere to live in UK unless you are rich as fuck lol.  Renting costs in somehwere like london are insane stay clear of london unless you have a career there.  All the costs of living in the other major UK cities/towns are somewhat similar. 

If you want to live in a remote place then it can be cheaper but you have little access to work.
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:27:31 AM

Here basically you pay first like 2700$ , then give you the house and it's yours . then you start paying like 80$ or something for each month for the next 20 years or something like that . I personally found it good and fair enough . not complaining Grin (from Government of course)

Also I thought you was speaking about USA on the first place though that's why I said New york & Los Angelus , I will keep this thread open in case you guys want to give me more informations , appreciate the help . In the mean time i WILL be making more money for the next couple of years maybe and do more research about it .

WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:49:28 AM

Here basically you pay first like 2700$ , then give you the house and it's yours . then you start paying like 80$ or something for each month for the next 20 years or something like that . I personally found it good and fair enough . not complaining Grin (from Government of course)

Also I thought you was speaking about USA on the first place though that's why I said New york & Los Angelus , I will keep this thread open in case you guys want to give me more informations , appreciate the help . In the mean time i WILL be making more money for the next couple of years maybe and do more research about it .

I've heard living in LA can be very expensive, i cant imagine new york being much different.  All these fancy places cost alot.

Here in UK you cant buy 1 brick of a house for $2700 lol
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:05:53 AM

I would recommend you to complete most of your formal education from your city, and try in university here for higher studies. If you study well and are talented, you can get an admission through scholarship. Your education will be discounted and there might even be hostel facility, which makes things cheaper for you. As you study here, try getting opportunities for work, there always are opportunities for work. And then work hard, save, get a job, marry someone from that country and stabilize your life there Wink
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:10:10 AM

I would recommend you to complete most of your formal education from your city, and try in university here for higher studies. If you study well and are talented, you can get an admission through scholarship. Your education will be discounted and there might even be hostel facility, which makes things cheaper for you. As you study here, try getting opportunities for work, there always are opportunities for work. And then work hard, save, get a job, marry someone from that country and stabilize your life there Wink

I guess they already give full scholarship here for those who want to complete their study out there , not sure though . Personally as I said I'am just a teenager and I'am already working hard on holidays (from the internet) to make some decent amounts of money and always save them , I don't spend anything Grin
for the marrying thing I guess it's the easiest to get visa and citizenship but that would be hard because I'am a muslim and there isn't that much of muslims in UK or USA to get married with .

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:16:40 AM

I guess they already give full scholarship here for those who want to complete their study out there , not sure though . Personally as I said I'am just a teenager and I'am already working hard on holidays (from the internet) to make some decent amounts of money and always save them , I don't spend anything Grin
for the marrying thing I guess it's the easiest to get visa and citizenship but that would be hard because I'am a muslim and there isn't that much of muslims in UK or USA to get married with .

There are millions of muslims in both places. Finding a fellow Algerian might be a bit of a stretch though.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:17:35 AM

Living in UK/U.S can be hard, why don't you consider some other place for living too? There are opportunities at a lot of places in China and India. I think you might find a decent lifestyle in India, y'know. I have friends there which make good money and you might find a lot of muslim women in the country too, to marry. It won't be such a bad idea, always have more options.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:35:17 AM

Living in UK/U.S can be hard, why don't you consider some other place for living too?

I would agree with this, its challenging enough being born in the UK and living here, i cant imagine moving here.  Yes it is one of the safer countries to live but i wouldnt choose it if i wasnt born here. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: