Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:44:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 TH/s] [NEW POOL] [FUTURE PPLNS] [1 BITCOIN BONUS] BeastBTC.COM  (Read 3377 times)
BeastBTC (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 12:00:49 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 07:21:04 AM by BeastBTC

Hello!

First, we would like to thank you for stopping by! It means alot to use that you are interested in our new pool!

Next, we plan to take this pool off the ground with PPLNS. First, we need to find a block or few, so we are offering you the chance to help find us those blocks. The first 5 blocks found, the block finder will get 1 BTC sent directly to them. Definitely not bad to take a shot at. We plan to start PPLNS payouts after our first block is found, so technically it's not a full PPLNS pool right now.

Our pool does offer DDoS protection and enterprise-grade mitigation, along with a stratum server so you can easily connect to it and start mining.

Now, we are a new pool and we do not expect everything to be bug free, but we are trying our best to be successful, honest, and fair. The administrators of the pool decided to start up our own pool because we have gotten ripped off in the past from some pools, and we feel that this does no good but to ruin our hobby, and our currency.

Feel free to stop on over at http://BeastBTC.com (SSL Coming Soon) and jump on our Stratum server: stratum+tcp://stratum.beastbtc.com:3333 SIGNUP-REQUIRED

Thank you for stopping by, and feel free to comment on here any questions.

Sincerely,
BeastBTC.com Staff

IRC: #beastbtc
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 12:07:46 AM

And it's my moral obligation to warn anyone against mining to a newly established pool from a user with precisely one post only at the time of announcing the pool, and the fact that 0% PPS is completely unsustainable as a business model so this is almost certainly a scam.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 12:14:26 AM

Hello,

We can guarantee you it is not a scam. We have been scammed by some fairly large pools, who are no longer on the internet today due to their behavior.

Why don't you come on over, throw a miner on and see for yourself. You can't knock it if you haven't tried it!
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:26:26 AM

We can guarantee you it is not a scam.

That's what bitaffnet said too...... Roll Eyes
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 12:31:31 AM

We have no comment on that pool, cough cough...

Which is one of the reasons this pool was created. Now, the Zero-Fees is not going to last forever, just til we can get our feet off of the ground. We want to help make the community grow even stronger, and have a pool that is not ran by a corporation. Surely we all remember when GHash.io was nearing on 51% of total hashing power and everyone got worried. There have been quite a few successful pools closing, and if they goto a corporate pool, that is just going to ruin mining as we know it.

Everyone starts out new, but overtime they grow (As long as their plan is not malicious like some have been)

We spent days on end getting the system where it is now, and we hope it will get some positive attention! Atleast we are using a method that is liked by many, unlike PROP
Badman0316

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:58:11 AM

min payout is?

BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:00:15 AM

Once a few blocks are first found, we will be having minimum payouts set to 0.001 BTC.

It may raise to 0.01 if deemed necessary later on.

Thanks for asking!
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:01:59 AM

Once a few blocks are first found, we will be having minimum payouts set to 0.001 BTC.

It may raise to 0.01 if deemed necessary later on.

Thanks for asking!
You said once a few blocks are found. You said nothing about prior to the first block. So what and when do miners get until the first block is found...?

-ck
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:06:29 AM

Good question ck,

We decided to take the users total averaged hashpower, and multiply it by a a reasonable PPS amount. Enough to where we will not go over what we collected, but not little enough to rip anyone because that is morally wrong.

We plan to have our cold wallet have a semi-full amount at all times once we get off the ground, but reparations will be paid to those who help beforehand.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:08:57 AM

You mean you don't intend to pay miners until you find blocks? That is not PPS.

-ck
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:13:51 AM

This is until the first block is found, once it is found we will be on a set course for standard PPS without any changes or alternative payments as such.

It is not like we are asking for free hash power if that is what you are thinking. Everyone who attributes to the pool will be paid accordingly.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:00:15 AM

Good question ck,

We decided to take the users total averaged hashpower, and multiply it by a a reasonable PPS amount. Enough to where we will not go over what we collected, but not little enough to rip anyone because that is morally wrong.

We plan to have our cold wallet have a semi-full amount at all times once we get off the ground, but reparations will be paid to those who help beforehand.

This is until the first block is found, once it is found we will be on a set course for standard PPS without any changes or alternative payments as such.

It is not like we are asking for free hash power if that is what you are thinking. Everyone who attributes to the pool will be paid accordingly.

Doesn't change that you're advertising a 0% Fee PPS pool...and are not paying PPS in any way shape or form.  If the users have to wait for a block to be solved, it's not PPS.

0% PPS means every share submitted is paid (25 BTC / network difficulty at time of share submission).  It doesn't matter if the pool finds 50 blocks or 0, every share submitted is paid that amount.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 05:25:04 AM

Are you saying the reasoning behind our pool best fits PPLNS? Is that not what BTC Guild used, PPLNS?
No, he's saying you're advertising PPS but not going to deliver PPS. Which is exactly what I said. You'll have to change the title of your thread to "going to be PPS" with what you're planning. I have no idea what to call your initial idea... crowd funding or something.

-ck
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 05:38:15 AM

Okay,

Thank you very much for the clarification! The title is now updated along with the description of our initial plan, and future goals to accomplish.

Thank you gentlemen!
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:17:12 AM

Why would anybody trust a new pool operator that does not even understand the basics?? Good luck
smokem

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:01:52 PM

We have no comment on that pool, cough cough...

Which is one of the reasons this pool was created.

So, the BAN scam pool finally bites the dust & you quickly create a.......well.......BAN clone.

Impossible payment promises, unbelievable free givaway promotions, unsure of own payment plan, new account, etc, etc........ you even got the irc thing going so miners can sit there all day begging for their hard earned  BTC like BAN did.... Roll Eyes

I presume you'll be handing your givaway BTC over to a trusted escrow in the mining community ready for paying to the lucky miner - or will you create loads of fake accounts & pay those "lucky winners" in true BANscam style too?

Seriously guys.

BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 09:01:22 PM

We are not BAN, we are not copying their acts. Yes, we are aware of their "S3 Giveaway" going to an admin, but, we are giving away 1 BTC for the first 5 block finders like BTC Dig did. Now, if an admin finds a block that 1 BTC will go back to the pool, whether it is for payouts or to help cover server costs, because those are not free. So far, we are growing, steadily. We are happy how we are growing, and we wouldn't change it at all! Everyone starts out new, you don't going form starting a said "company" to becoming a multi-million corporation over night. You just have to have trust. Yes, there are people who have been scammed in the past and are now paranoid everything is a scam, without even trying it. The saying is, you can't judge a book by it's cover.
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:23:17 AM

We made it to 21 TH/s!
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 05:54:06 PM

DDoS Attack #001: Occurred 2 Times, one at 1:08 PM EST and one at 1:25 PM EST. At 1:08 PM Mitigation kicked in and we had 0 seconds of downtime. At 1:25 PM we had 2 seconds of downtime.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 06:24:11 PM

Somebody wasted their time directing a DDoS attack against a pool with a total hash rate of 11TH/s?  Wow... who'd you piss off? Tongue

EDIT: by the way... what does "future PPLNS" mean?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: