Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 TH/s] [NEW POOL] [FUTURE PPLNS] [1 BITCOIN BONUS] BeastBTC.COM  (Read 3374 times)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 08:30:13 PM

Also, there are going to be no fees, not sure if someone said there is going to be fees but the pool is programmed currently for no fees, the server dues and such will be taken out of the admin's payments, as a donation to the pool made by them individually.
I assume by the part I bolded that these admin payments are simply earned coin from the admin's own personal miners that are mining on the pool with everyone else, and not 0.3BTC pulled directly from the found blocks as you stated earlier in this thread.

Exactly! The admin's personal miners are paying for the system, and if needed, the investors are willing to step in too. So, full 25 BTC to the miners.
What about transaction fees?  Are those paid to the miners as well, or does the pool keep them?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:56:42 PM

Bowing out after this response...I hope it's proven wrong, but the last 3 pages have been a nightmare.

This is a new pool that spent "days" working on their pool.  They claim to have a team of programmers, admins, and investors.  Meanwhile it took almost 2 full pages to clarify the payment method and fees.

1) Who is going to invest money into a new pool that can't even get a proper first post for its release with relevant information?  Even when there were only 3 pools back in 2011, when new pools opened up they were very clear in how they were going to pay, how they worked, and only had teams of 1 or 2 people.  These days you've had almost 5 years of pools existing to draw knowledge from, and we get a post that is clueless.

2) Who is going to pay for "programmers" that are doing nothing more than deploying something that an first-year CS student could deploy over a weekend?  This isn't a custom built pool.

3) What kind of idiot would be an "investor" in a new pool without any clear business plan or prior knowledge?

Nothing about the content of this thread thus far adds up, and if somebody actually points hardware at this pool they deserve everything that comes (or more likely: doesn't come) from it in the long run.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:12:15 PM

Nothing about the content of this thread thus far adds up, and if somebody actually points hardware at this pool they deserve everything that comes (or more likely: doesn't come) from it in the long run.

Absolutely right as always eleuthria!  Wink

Sometimes I despair at the direction mining is going in, even more so now that you have decided to call it a day. Scam pool after scam pool, weather it be the cloud mining ponzi or good old hardware type, seem to come & go after ripping off noobs & running off with their funds again & again. Miners see the 0% fee, free givaways, promises of bonus payments, free miners etc, etc and instantly fall over themselves pointing their miners at a pool because they believe it's "free", ignoring all warnings from anyone & everyone about how such a service can't possibly exist.

Who will save us now?

What's that? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...wait....it's.....p2pool! P2pool will save us all from centralized scam pool oblivion......hoooraaaahh!!
innerchaos

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:49:12 PM

Nice we have a new Type of Mining Pool.. I will have to add this to my list... NPPSUMH or No Pay Per Share Unless Magic Happens -- hmmm let me see if I understand this correctly

Option 1 - Solo Mining, I point my miner at a solo Pool for absolutley 0 Reward on the Possiblity that if I find a block I will get 25 Bitcoins

Option 2 - BeastBTC NPPSUMH Mining, I point a miner at your Pool for absolutley 0 Reward on the possiblity that if I find a block I will get 1 Bitcoin and you will get 24 bitcoin.

I like option 1

Risk versus reward.. you want us to take your risk out of the equation and you reap the reward..

Here is my suggestion

Get your supposed investors to cough up some bitcoin and make this a legitimate PPS pool. With Payments every 2 hours for now at .0098 per day per 1-TH/s, with 0% fees (to gain trust you need to offer expedient payments)... once you get some actual hashpower then offer the option of PPLNS (your ultimate goal).
I would also suggest that Founding Hashers that maybe meet some type of daily hashpower criteria, would get a lifetime % bonus ( either 1% fee on PPS or + ½% bonus on PPLNS )

You do this and I will gladly point a miner at your pool, and I am sure others would follow because you have at least lessened our risk to a two hour loss.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:30:17 PM

I believe the OP should have one of the 'technical people' come help explain their intentions.

If you do not, you have zero chances of having miners even try your pool, much less stay there.

Consider this, there are pools like Kano.is, bitminter, slush and others with operators who have been leaders of the mining and general bitcoin environment for a long time. They have established pools and have presented individual miners with some fantastic support, and I will speak more to my personal experiences with Kano and CK they provide explanations to any questions which are not only based in facts, but usually teach me more about the process than I'd originally queried.

In summary OP, you have embarrassed yourself and your colleagues with the claim to have an operational pool but lack of basic pool knowledge.
Until the day comes where mining is completely centralized and controlled by a central authority no one will be able to offer up a pool and expect a positive response. It will be quite the opposite as people read what you have written and assume you are either completely ignorant regarding the absolute basics of a mining pool, trying to scam new miners, or all of the above, which is the worst kind of person / company imaginable.

Again, delete your thread, have one of your technical people handle public communications, and go get sandwiches, coffee, and strippers for them. All paid for with coin of course.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:42:33 PM

Seems even their own people don't mine there??  Roll Eyes

General Statistics
Pool Hash Rate   0 TH/s
Current Total Miners   0
Current Block   364996
Current Difficulty   51076366303.482
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 05:36:32 PM

Why would they?  The pool operators have no clue what is going on.  I find it humorous when I go to the website and am greeted with "Welcome To Beast BTC, we are a new mining pool devoted to PPLNS, which is currently in pre-stage level."

PPLNS in pre-stage level?  Yeah...

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: