Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:51:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scams were good for crypto  (Read 1497 times)
unusualfacts30 (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:49:00 AM

Here is why:

I don't see that many scams anymore because investors have learned to stick with good old coins with good community involvement. Yes, people are still creating chit coins but they're merely doing it for little gain (1-10 btc profit at most). You won't see anyone running around to scam 5000 btc out of anyone because it ain't gonna happen and investors are getting smarter....all investors have learned their lesson from past scams and personally I would rather play safe than sorry.

Scams gave more visibility to "good coins" and eventhough people lost money it was very much needed in order for crypto to evolve.

thoughts?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:51:43 AM

The noobs who got scammed left crypto for good. Scams turn away newbies and that's bad.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 10:37:15 AM

I got scammed voluntarily on the NXT exchange, because I wanted to experience the structure of scamming on my own Cheesy

You win you lose. Sometime you just win, sometimes only lose. There are lessons to be learned, but being much too cautious will not bring you too much.

unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:27:22 PM

I got scammed voluntarily on the NXT exchange, because I wanted to experience the structure of scamming on my own Cheesy

You win you lose. Sometime you just win, sometimes only lose. There are lessons to be learned, but being much too cautious will not bring you too much.

couldn't agree more. I've lost so much but I've also tried to learn from each mistake and never repeated it and it helped me become better and figure out which coin is good and which one is bad. Crypto is dangerous so it takes time before you learn not to play with fire (shit coins).

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:26:58 PM

The noobs who got scammed left crypto for good. Scams turn away newbies and that's bad.

Agreed.

Several people I introduced to alt cryptos got burned and will likely never be back.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:24:40 PM

When bitcoin prices rise further, new blood will join the cryptocommunity and they will get scammed just as hard, if not harder.. People don't learn fast enough.
everaja

Activity: 490

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:31:34 PM

Here is why:

I don't see that many scams anymore because investors have learned to stick with good old coins with good community involvement. Yes, people are still creating chit coins but they're merely doing it for little gain (1-10 btc profit at most). You won't see anyone running around to scam 5000 btc out of anyone because it ain't gonna happen and investors are getting smarter....all investors have learned their lesson from past scams and personally I would rather play safe than sorry.

Scams gave more visibility to "good coins" and eventhough people lost money it was very much needed in order for crypto to evolve.

thoughts?
I will certainly contradict your statement that no body can gonna scam now for 5k BTC , well not for 5k but for 500 BTC i have seen it this year only , coinsdouble.com has more than 500 btc + scammed , actually bitcointalk.org dont comprises accounts of all the crypto investors , i have seen a lot of people who don't use this forum but their daily transaction is 10 BTC+ , so its more likely them to get scammed , and they are being.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:18:26 PM

that's pretty dumb..

for one thing it attracted to scene the wrong people into this stuff.
2nd if popularity surges like It did 2 years back when BTC went to a $1,000+
scams and scam coins will burst onto the scene in a big way all over again.

they stopped making them because they were not making money.
nobody had a moral revelation and decided to be good now.

most of you here will dive on any shitcoin no matter how bad it is or how scammy the guys are who made it..
*if it makes you money.

need more cowbell ?
how about need more justifying bad behavior in crypto ?

Fun Fact:
Bad things are bad.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:33:03 PM

I think we had a period of much newly created altcoins which all were shit and died.

Before that, there was a period of altcoins which were quite lucrative to mine while they were new (and the difficulty was still low). Nowadays I think we have seen too many shitcoins and almost everyone will admit that we have way too much altcoins already. I think that's the reason why we saw "old" stable altcoins flourish a bit again lately. Some altcoins (only a few) will survive I guess. The rest will slowly die.

I think you really have to have a great new coin (with some solid ground, and something really unique) in order to be succesful for only a bit. This will need a lot of time and other efforts, and I do not think that someone will "stop" such coin (he/she created) to scam people for a few BTC because he/she has spent that much time and efforts on it.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
CoinCajigger

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

I <3 Zennies

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 06:34:46 PM

Scams come in all new things. This was just a phase of coins.

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:32:55 PM

Honestly I dont think so, Scam damage its image of Crypto of many ways.Certainly peoples learn of hard way avoid to be scammed, But always first victims are newbies.And we dont can say that scam has finished today on anyway.New scam coins,sites that promised return 2x your investment,etc. Its are created all days.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:12:43 AM

I think that the reason of scams related to cryptos is the fact that cryptocurrencies are unregulated, decentralized. Therefore, there is no way to enforce the law on such currencies like it is on fiat. Just my opinion  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 01:09:54 AM

scam is never good for the crypto community as a whole, only a few people getting away with bags of btc then left newbies holding their dirty panties. most newbies just left and never come back.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:07:01 AM

I think that the reason of scams related to cryptos is the fact that cryptocurrencies are unregulated, decentralized. Therefore, there is no way to enforce the law on such currencies like it is on fiat. Just my opinion  Roll Eyes

True,
      But please let me say something, Scam happens on real money too, Think for example on counterfeits or scams of another type although that real money is regulated.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:05:57 AM

Newflash Kiddos Scams are a fact of life, you can be scammed getting your house repainted, scammed buying insurance anything...

Unless you want the false security that Governments try to give people then Crypto is a wake up call to the younger generation to wake the fuck up and see life for what it is, good and bad. Life isn't some FB viral video of Cat with a unicorn glued to its head. Life is ups and downs and often hard for most of the people on the planet. Bitcoin is the best thing we got to create a level playing ground though.
Sumo

Activity: 1098

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:25:58 AM

I got scammed by the Chinese on Litecoin last night. Guess what that's crypto. Get over it.

If your gonna get butthurt everytime a coin dumps before you get out, crypto is not for you.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:48:34 PM

Crime is good for the community too  Roll Eyes

This guy made his I invested in StartCoin topic now.. I am shocked LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:19:43 AM

Anyone know of a non scam/ponzi Bitcoin cloud mining service? I've tried GAW Miners, Terabox, cloudminr but they've all turned down to be a scam. I'm just trying to find a legal cheap Bitcoin mining service.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 01:33:05 AM

Here is why:

thoughts?

Since "scam" coins drive people to "good" coins, that must mean these "bad" coins bring a benefit to the community.

Thus, the quote I have plastered on my monitor. Cheesy
bitplanetz

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:41:07 AM

I got scammed by the Chinese on Litecoin last night. Guess what that's crypto. Get over it.

If your gonna get butthurt everytime a coin dumps before you get out, crypto is not for you.
What do you mean got scammed by chinese? Do u mean they pumped?and how do you know
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: