Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:57:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My tx is stuck in the stress test, what can I do?  (Read 1407 times)
Bannedseller (OP)

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:33:58 PM

Sorry if it is in the wrong section.

I've made a tx to send about 0.06 BTC to multiple destinations and got a ~0.03 BTC change for myself. However since I've forgotten about the stress test, I've paid only 0.00002 as fees and it don't confirm for 5.5 hours. I've heard somewhere else in this forum that paying extra tx fees from one of the outputs can make the tx confirm faster. Is that true?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sakira

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:53:16 PM

I also experienced the same thing as you and I heard from my friend blockchain is being distractions, I also experienced up to 1 day more, since yesterday.
and now same is also always a long confirmation
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:00:11 PM

I've made a tx to send about 0.06 BTC to multiple destinations and got a ~0.03 BTC change for myself. However since I've forgotten about the stress test, I've paid only 0.00002 as fees and it don't confirm for 5.5 hours. I've heard somewhere else in this forum that paying extra tx fees from one of the outputs can make the tx confirm faster. Is that true?

You can only wait. There is a service, who's name i forgot, that tries to recover a transaction by sending the same coins, with a higher fee, to a different direction. Though not many miners will care to follow that. So i think the only way for you is to wait until this... annoying... stresstest is gone.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:11:58 PM

All you can do right now is waiting. Developers are working on a solution for this issue.
Make sure the next transaction has more fee (eg: 0.0003-5).

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Bannedseller (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:28:34 PM

I'm asking that whether this method could work. Please read the post before posting.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:31:10 PM

I'm asking that whether this method could work. Please read the post before posting.

Not true i guess. One transaction in luckyb.it have .0003btc as fee but still it takes too long before it got confirmed. 6hours if im not wrong
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:31:58 PM

Its called "child pays for parent" and to my knowledge miners have not implemented it. Thus it would just add another TX that does not get confirmed.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:36:57 PM

there is nothing you can do for this. just remember to include the standard fee with your transaction so it is high priority not medium or even low.
i have heard that including extra fee in these times can make your transaction get confirmation faster but i have never tried it myself.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 02:02:46 PM

There's nothing you can do but wait for it go through, or returned to your wallet. Apparently, you'll need to pay higher fees if you want your transaction to go through faster.
That's the whole point of transaction fees in the first place: to incentivize the miners to put your transaction into their blocks.  If you pay the same fee as everyone else, you'll be in the same line as everyone else.  If you slip a $100 to the bouncer, you'll get priority entry into the club Tongue

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 06:45:32 PM

can you please post your TX here?

anyway (as Sebastian mentioned above), there is service called bitundo which may help. http://www.bitundo.com/index.html and as others mentioned, you have to wait and yes, it is very annoying, non-comfortable at all and hope that developers will somehow react to this..
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 07:07:51 PM

Even though the stresstest if over now , right ?
Tx are being getting stuck for long , this really needs to stop.
Bitcoin is supposed to be fast n reliable which is it but ....
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:43:41 PM

anyway (as Sebastian mentioned above), there is service called bitundo which may help. http://www.bitundo.com/index.html and as others mentioned, you have to wait and yes, it is very annoying, non-comfortable at all and hope that developers will somehow react to this..

thats a pretty neat service there, il definitely check it out but no reason for me to use it; that being said, two small transactions of mine are also stuck for 12+ hours now, these stress tests are getting rather annoying.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:00:36 PM

thats a pretty neat service there, il definitely check it out but no reason for me to use it; that being said, two small transactions of mine are also stuck for 12+ hours now, these stress tests are getting rather annoying.

..from my perspective is even more annoying, that I don't see any action plan or development announcement from core team regarding this issue. or there is already something out and I simply missed it?

edit: ahh got it https://gist.github.com/petertodd/8e87c782bdf342ef18fb
Bannedseller (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:29:23 AM

Now my tx still don't get a confirmation and I'd like to send it away now. However my wallet don't let me to spend an unconfirmed output. Where can I make a transaction with unconfirmed output with a higher fee, such that all transactions can be confirmed?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:35:30 AM

Fees increase the miner's desirability to input it into a block. Say, like this:

5 transactions, with fees:

Miners will target the 0.002 first, followed by the 0.001s and then the 0.005. All will be confirmed at SOME point, but the more you pay, the higher priority you are.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:31:46 AM

Fees increase the miner's desirability to input it into a block. Say, like this:

5 transactions, with fees:

Miners will target the 0.002 first, followed by the 0.001s and then the 0.005. All will be confirmed at SOME point, but the more you pay, the higher priority you are.

I was about to post the same thing lol.  But anyway, all you have to do now is to wait OP. I just had a transaction of a 0.27BTC and a 2.31BTC. Got a delay of 1 hour on both. Paid regular fees though.

Bannedseller (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:37:30 PM

I've just searched the forum and found about this transaction stucked thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994939.0.
The OP posted it when it was stuck for 10 days, and it get confirmed one point when someone helped him: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994939.msg10923704#msg10923704.
That tx pay only 1 sat fee, however I'm paying 2000x of that! His tx's priority was 6.6M, while my tx's priority is almost 4M now.
Do you know what method that person was used to confirm that tx, and could that method be used to confirm mine?
Thanks.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:47:54 PM

I've just searched the forum and found about this transaction stucked thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994939.0.
The OP posted it when it was stuck for 10 days, and it get confirmed one point when someone helped him: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994939.msg10923704#msg10923704.
That tx pay only 1 sat fee, however I'm paying 2000x of that! His tx's priority was 6.6M, while my tx's priority is almost 4M now.
Do you know what method that person was used to confirm that tx, and could that method be used to confirm mine?
Thanks.

Manually craft a double spend and add a higher fee to the second transaction. Past that, I don't think there's anything else you can control at this point.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:51:25 PM

Thanks.
It was probably a miner that was nice enough to manually include that transaction into a block that they were mining.

Its called "child pays for parent" and to my knowledge miners have not implemented it. Thus it would just add another TX that does not get confirmed.
You could try doing it and send it to the pool Eligius. I believe that they have implemented this, but not many other miners. They also have a small portion of the hashrate.

Otherwise, just wait.
Bannedseller (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:10:42 AM

Now a have another problem. I have my private key, and the input transactions. I want to sign a raw transaction with unconfirmed outputs, but I don't have a bitcoin core yet. How can I do?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: