Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fury X mining performance  (Read 22312 times)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 03:46:14 PM

Thanks for posting! This definitely helps inform my next purchase. I've been debating going the AMD route for a new monero rig. So at current release, it seems that for whatever reason the fury performs as well as the 290x.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:11:36 PM

>As i said before, with those low temps, i know this also could go a lot faster. Energy usage confirmed that.

The bottleneck of CryptoNight PoW algo is that it requires loading small data blocks from random memory addresses, a lot of times. Because addresses are random, memory cache is useless. You see low temps because GPU core does not work all the time, most time it waits data from GPU memory due its latency. And it cannot be optimized because the algo was designed to use memory latency to be asic-resistant. Fury X has 4096 bit memory bandwidth, but it is useless for this algo because big bandwidth is not related to memory latency.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:29:47 PM

>As i said before, with those low temps, i know this also could go a lot faster. Energy usage confirmed that.

The bottleneck of CryptoNight PoW algo is that it requires loading small data blocks from random memory addresses, a lot of times. Because addresses are random, memory cache is useless. You see low temps because GPU core does not work all the time, most time it waits data from GPU memory due its latency. And it cannot be optimized because the algo was designed to use memory latency to be asic-resistant. Fury X has 4096 bit memory bandwidth, but it is useless for this algo because big bandwidth is not related to memory latency.

same for lyra2re (it looks like fury x performance is worse than 280x), but they are changing the algo (at least for vertcoin) in order to be more gpu-friendly, so that might change.

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 05:51:05 PM

Thanks for posting! This definitely helps inform my next purchase. I've been debating going the AMD route for a new monero rig. So at current release, it seems that for whatever reason the fury performs as well as the 290x.
You're very welcome!

It's useless for most algo's..
But again, everything was at stock settings, i have been playing around with the core engine and was able to push it to 1190 without a problem. After that it started to fail, temperatures were still very low though, if i was on windows i could play with voltage as it's possible with Afterburner.

I'm not experienced enough to optimize any algo to be Fury X friendly Smiley But i know someone who is and will be playing with it in the next weeks.
I'm curious about the results!

same for lyra2re (it looks like fury x performance is worse than 280x), but they are changing the algo (at least for vertcoin) in order to be more gpu-friendly, so that might change.

Lyra2re performance is worse than a 280x you mean? i haven't tested that algo "yet".. so i don't know. I ignored Cryptomining blog results because most of them aren't correct compared to my results.

Regarding Cryptonote, seeing the results with other cards (stock settings) the fury beats them all, not by much, but it's still the fastest it seems Smiley

Greetings

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 07:01:37 PM

Did a quick Lyra2re test with stock settings and open source kernel.

Dunno where that cryptoblog got their results.. but they're way off..

here are my results.

Almost 1mhz. That's a serious difference than the 430Kh Cryptoblog wrote...

Energy usage

@Pallas, tried to run your binary but that froze up my rig each time.
it doesn't freeze up when doing that for Quark or any other algo.

Greetings

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 07:54:56 PM

It is opensource now, you don't need to use the binary...

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 08:00:55 PM

It is opensource now, you don't need to use the binary...

Oh lol, didn't know that Smiley will do some more testing later then Smiley

MehZhure

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:28:51 AM

I keep seeing people talk about "non-opens source" mining software.  Where can we purchase it?  I have tried to find it, but all I have found is open source software.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:51:34 AM

I keep seeing people talk about "non-opens source" mining software.  Where can we purchase it?  I have tried to find it, but all I have found is open source software.

Google wolf0. He has made a neoscrypt kernal that is 300% faster than the opensource kernal. I am not sure he will sell it though because some of the kernals have been stolen and distributed on the internet for free.
With wolf0's code, a single 290x will outperform 2 furyx mining neoscrypt. That's why sharks with 1000+ gpu's are willing to pay alot of BTC to keep the kernals private.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
lawrencelyl

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:32:47 PM

I keep seeing people talk about "non-opens source" mining software.  Where can we purchase it?  I have tried to find it, but all I have found is open source software.

Google wolf0. He has made a neoscrypt kernal that is 300% faster than the opensource kernal. I am not sure he will sell it though because some of the kernals have been stolen and distributed on the internet for free.
With wolf0's code, a single 290x will outperform 2 furyx mining neoscrypt. That's why sharks with 1000+ gpu's are willing to pay alot of BTC to keep the kernals private.

So is there any private miner that can boost neoscrypt to >200% on Nvidia? Tongue Grin
MehZhure

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:38:52 PM

Good point.  It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to make enough money selling it, before some jerk decided it needed to be free to everyone, and post it forums for everyone to have.  Being a programmer, I completely sympathize with that.  And I don't have a fat wad of cash sitting around to pay for something like that.  It is looking more and more like I am going to have to add mining software development to my to-do list.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:16:39 AM

Man I didn't even know AMD released new GPUs. However looking at the prices, it seems that it would take around 600 days or so to break-even on these GPUs alone (not including mobo, PSUs, and electrcity costs), im surprised people are still buying GPUs for mining.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:18:01 AM

Man I didn't even know AMD released new GPUs. However looking at the prices, it seems that it would take around 600 days or so to break-even on these GPUs alone (not including mobo, PSUs, and electrcity costs), im surprised people are still buying GPUs for mining.

you must take resell price into account.
some cards can be sold at 90% buy price.

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 06:09:37 PM

Did some tests on Quark this time.

hitting a stable 23.5 Mhz @ 820 Watt(3 fury's)
Very sure they can still go higher.

Big thx to Wolf0 for helping out Smiley!

Screenshot

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:27:34 PM

The Fury (non-X, air-cooled with less CUs), gets ~20.5MH/s on Quark (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/quarkwolf-07282015.png

offtopic: wolf, something reminded me of you last weekend.   Smiley
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:26:02 AM

The Fury (non-X, air-cooled with less CUs), gets ~20.5MH/s on Quark (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/quarkwolf-07282015.png

How fast is the opensource miner?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
davidrentaobition

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:32:09 AM

everyone forget quark algo, big hashs made from FPGE miner. i shutdown miner today and holiday fews day. profits very low now.  Cheesy
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:31:35 AM

everyone forget quark algo, big hashs made from FPGE miner. i shutdown miner today and holiday fews day. profits very low now.  Cheesy

What is a FPGE miner?  Grin '

Sharkcoin is taking a dip, and the profitability is down.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/sharkcoin/

davidrentaobition

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:03:13 AM

like integrated circuit. i know they are running few months(single chip using around 60watts ). i cannot talking more information, sorry. bcz it's business to someone. i hold a lots of GPU miners in my space, i working building project after few month then i will coming back to mining, and consider mining new aglo coins after.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:04:42 AM

like integrated circuit. i know they are running few months(single chip using around 60watts ). i cannot talking more information, sorry. bcz it's business to someone. i hold a lots of GPU miners in my space, i working building project after few month then i will coming back to mining, and consider mining new aglo coins after.

maybe you mean FPGA Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: