Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:58:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MMOGA.CO.UK Asked me for scaned passport and other stuff when i paid with BTC  (Read 6288 times)
MofoMF (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

Mai bine mort,decat asa de viu! *TM

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:54:26 PM

MMOGA - Your gaming platform with best prices
------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Andrew Andrew,

unfortunately there were some fraud cases in the form of charge backs on our platform lately.
The seller cannot authorize your payment without a verification. Because of that we ask you to fill in the attached PDF file and send it back.

Please send the filled in and scanned in form as attachment by E-Mail to verification@mmoga.com

You only have to fill in this form once to be verified. You don’t have to do it at a later order.
We ask for your cooperation to be able to guarantee more safety for buyer and seller.

Order Date: Thursday, 9. July 2015

Product:
3x Battle.net Gift Card - 20 EUR
Seller: 48418

If you have any question don t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Your Support Team

Don´t miss our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/MMOGAcom

BETA keys, raffles and much more awaits!

If not happened yet, please add our email address to your address book.
This way it is guaranteed that our emails won´t be send to your Spam folder.

http://www.mmoga.co.uk
E-Mail: info@mmoga.com
Live Support: http://www.mmoga.com/live_support.php

This support is provided by the responsible seller.

This is what they asked me after 11 confirmations and got my 80$

1. A legible scan or photo of your ID card of your passport
2. The completed verification form as photo or scan
3. A picture of you together with your ID card or passport (your face and ID must be visible next to each other on the photo).

14Zjps1VZvkFtTwa3aW5HFg6tf8p9xvnEm
 Today 16:45:34 12 Confirmations
-0.29850638 BTC   
0.41352233 BTC

eTitanium [ETIT] Blockchain Cryptocurrency
WebsiteWhitepaperBlock ExplorerDownloadRoadmapForumPool
MofoMF (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:01:46 PM

If they dont give me my battle.net gift cards,how can i get my btcs back ?!
Any ideas?!

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:10:47 PM

tell them you are not comfortable with the requirements, that they were not disclosed, that they are a violation of your privacy and a risk for identity theft.  on those grounds you request a full and prompt refund.

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:11:29 PM

If they dont give me my battle.net gift cards,how can i get my btcs back ?!
Any ideas?!

There is no way, unless they agree to cancel your order and give you a refund.
That is the nature of Bitcoin.  Smiley

MofoMF (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:12:16 PM

Told them allready,waiting for a response,but if they dont refund my btc .. what are the steps i need to follow ?!

Thanks

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:13:44 PM

Told them allready,waiting for a response,but if they dont refund my btc .. what are the steps i need to follow ?!

Thanks

threaten to report them to the better business bureau , ripoff report, and the office of consumer affairs (whatever that is in the UK) if they give you any bs

then follow through on it!

MofoMF (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:20:13 PM

First time i replied them i got mad and told them that the idea for bitcoin payments is a transparency between seller and buyer (sender and receiver)
I also called them morons Cheesy ,was too mad when i saw what they are asking,even a photo with me holding the passport,that is sick!

I also told them if they dont refund my btc i will tell about this on all the forums Cheesy

MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:03:39 PM

First time i replied them i got mad and told them that the idea for bitcoin payments is a transparency between seller and buyer (sender and receiver)
I also called them morons Cheesy ,was too mad when i saw what they are asking,even a photo with me holding the passport,that is sick!

I also told them if they dont refund my btc i will tell about this on all the forums Cheesy

This isn't the best solution or start off. I know you must be frustrated but you should be as calm as possible and try work things out rationally first because if you piss them off they likely wont help you, but if you try then get no where then you can step the agression up but I still wouldn't lose your cool and start insulting them. I'd feel the same way as you if they requested this and would want a refund so just keep stressing this and they'll hopefully comply eventually.

Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:15:17 PM

If this kind of verification is not part of the contract, its usually best to just ask them to complete the contract as agreed and if they don't do it, go the usual way your system of justice offers. However, since they reside in Hong Kong, this will not be possible.
Imo you shouldnt have ordered from a merchant that you cannot to court in your country =/
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:21:45 PM

This isn't the best solution or start off. I know you must be frustrated but you should be as calm as possible and try work things out rationally first because if you piss them off they likely wont help you, but if you try then get no where then you can step the agression up but I still wouldn't lose your cool and start insulting them. I'd feel the same way as you if they requested this and would want a refund so just keep stressing this and they'll hopefully comply eventually.

Agreed people tend to react poorly to an aggresive response :S.  No one likes to be threatened man... Save threats for when they have refused for all you know they might be prefectly willing to refund it.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:45:09 PM

Hello Mr. Andrew Andrew,

unfortunately there were some fraud cases in the form of charge backs on our platform lately.
The seller cannot authorize your payment without a verification. Because of that we ask you to fill in the attached PDF file and send it back.

did no one notice yet that they were telling you BS in the first place? It is in the nature of BTC that chargebacks are not possible. SO they are obviously lying

they just want to collect your personal info

--> refuse

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: