Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:31:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudmining VS Investments(trading)  (Read 3544 times)
lahm-44 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:16:44 PM

today i got very confused and irritaded with some questions...like what will be better or we should say which is more risky..i check today some of the cloudmining sites and bought some hashes in each actually in three site ..cex.io , scrypt.cc and bit-x..
  but i am not confused because when i checked the mining calculaters then the  true faces are shown to me..
 at First the shock i got is from the bit-x site..
Code:
when i opened the calculator..so it was showing 100ghash as default..i changed it with 35ghash and so i hit the calculate buttion but then i found that i will earn..about 13000-15000satoshi every day but then i thought about the mantainence fees and got that it was higher than my daily earning....so that clearly means it only accept the higher investments
after that i thought that maybe if i can avoid the mantainence fee then maybe i can make profit..
so then i visited scrypt.cc (its a less scured and less trustul with deposits as because it is usually getting hacked..)
Code:
i deposited 0.052btc and bought some khash...i got about 13020khash .so i went to calculator..and typed and increased the khash amount until i reached 1btc then i saw that its paying 0.007btc if i buy 1btc worth of khash...that means 0.7% everyday
and so on i tryed the other site too...
now after all lot of things like this i am thinking why we invest in cloudmining when we can trade and can make more than 1% daily and that is much safer from these things at least we will have control on owr coins
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:20:09 PM

today i got very confused and irritaded with some questions...like what will be better or we should say which is more risky..i check today some of the cloudmining sites and bought some hashes in each actually in three site ..cex.io , scrypt.cc and bit-x..
  but i am not confused because when i checked the mining calculaters then the  true faces are shown to me..
Code:
when i opened the calculator..so it was showing 100ghash as default..i changed it with 35ghash and so i hit the calculate buttion but then i found that i will earn..about 13000-15000satoshi every day but then i thought about the mantainence fees and got that it was higher than my daily earning....so that clearly means it only accept the higher investments
after that i thought that maybe if i can avoid the mantainence fee then maybe i can make profit..
so then i visited scrypt.cc (its a less scured and less trustul with deposits as because it is usually getting hacked..)
Code:
i deposited 0.052btc and bought some khash...i got about 13020khash .so i went to calculator..and typed and increased the khash amount until i reached 1btc then i saw that its paying 0.007btc if i buy 1btc worth of khash...that means 0.7% everyday
now after all lot of things like this i am thinking why we invest in cloudmining when we can trade and can make more than 1% daily and that is much safer from these things at least we will have control on owr coins

Well, cloudmining wouldn't give you high passive earnings anyways, and if you're reading the Beginners and Help section, you would see that investing in a cloudmining site is never recommended by anyone there. However, you can make a little profit over there by trading your cloudmining shares (if it is being offered in the site). You will never directly earn from cloudmining, but trading the hashes will.
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:42:45 PM

This could be the reason that cloud mining bear all the hardware, electricity and mining equipments cost, so obviously they will look for the investment returns on their capital expenditure, as you mentioned if you do few more investment on them, perhaps you can see marginal profit as per your expectations.
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:47:18 PM

Code:
Code:

Well, cloudmining wouldn't give you high passive earnings anyways, and if you're reading the Beginners and Help section, you would see that investing in a cloudmining site is never recommended by anyone there. However, you can make a little profit over there by trading your cloudmining shares (if it is being offered in the site). You will never directly earn from cloudmining, but trading the hashes will.

Except me.  I am making a nice income from hashnest, but to each his own.  Trading alt coins is higher risk/reward, while hash gives a nice passive income.  Last time I checked cex.io and bit-x, the hash returns were pretty bad.  Most of the other ones are suspected ponzis, and scrypt.cc may or may not be a ponzi but it has low payouts right now.  You can also try pacmic and loans on sites like Poloniex, but those pay at a lower rate (but still pretty good in the grand scheme of things).
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:54:33 PM

I really appreciate honest reply, even you (like OP), both promoting cloud mining company in signature. unfortunately, cloud mining is not like cloud computing, where you can actually save costs, but just trading of shares and betting on difficulty, instead of trading USD for BTC.

naturally is impossible to buy profitable contract from company, which own mining HW - simply because they can mine by their own and don't even bother with customers, which is not just time/resource consuming, but also exhausting..
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:01:26 PM

bought some hashes in each actually in three site ..cex.io , scrypt.cc and bit-x..
I dunno what prompted you to chose these...
Cex.io: Stopped mining long ago.
Scrypt.cc: Got hacked some time ago.
Bit-X: Upcoming AM hash. Got 1 Phs vouch from BitMain and selling infine amount, till they collapse.

Did you try the one in my sig ? Currently the cheapest, most stable and long standing one.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:14:13 PM

Did you try the one in my sig ? Currently the cheapest, most stable and long standing one.

even is so sweet, how loyal you are to someone, who paying you, I briefly check their thread, read some comments and it looks like ponzi. Did they somewhere shown their mining facility or address, which receiving newly mined coins? I have really big doubts here..
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:28:56 PM

even is so sweet, how loyal you are to someone, who paying you, I briefly check their thread, read some comments and it looks like ponzi. Did they somewhere shown their mining facility or address, which receiving newly mined coins? I have really big doubts here..

Yeah, that site has a bad reputation.  I would only put a little bit that you are willing to lose into hash there.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:05:19 PM

No darling. I am committed to them because they are paying consistently over eight months now. Can you please tell me one single cloud mining company that provides the following...

i. Mining address

ii. Sold hash power in real time

iii. Payment history of 6+ months

If you do, please provide me their link where they provide these info and if you can not, please stop asking about mining address for selective companies...

Yeah, that site has a bad reputation.  I would only put a little bit that you are willing to lose into hash there.

So does Bit-X. If you talk against one and not against others, your are virtually supprting them. Stop licking legs of big ad spenders. Show some spine.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:18:49 PM

No darling. I am committed to them because they are paying consistently over eight months now. Can you please tell me one single cloud mining company that provides the following...

i. Mining address

ii. Sold hash power in real time

iii. Payment history of 6+ months

ohh dear, you are now trying to defend them, so cute:)

..but still, I'm missing some info. for example I really dunno, why they are hiding whois with WhoisGuard, Inc. service on it. Also is missing some info about mining facility, contact, names, photos, proofs...anything. Site looks like from some cheap doubling ponzi template.

you know what: read this amazing post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0 and then you will maybe reconsider your previous post. we have deal?:)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:20:52 PM

I really appreciate honest reply, even you (like OP), both promoting cloud mining company in signature. unfortunately, cloud mining is not like cloud computing, where you can actually save costs, but just trading of shares and betting on difficulty, instead of trading USD for BTC.

naturally is impossible to buy profitable contract from company, which own mining HW - simply because they can mine by their own and don't even bother with customers, which is not just time/resource consuming, but also exhausting..

Even I wear a signature from a cloudmining service, I still honestly believe that cloudmining isn't a profitable way to earn passive btc (unless you have a high share, then "maybe" you can earn some decent amount). Trading shares of cloudmining has a higher probability of giving you a nice amount, but that is more difficult than trading altcoins in the exchanges.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:41:33 PM

Code:
Code:

Why did you invest and THEN check if it is profitable? You really should be way more careful in the bitcoin area. If you don't check everything before very carefully AND don't follow your emotions then you will be parted from your coins pretty quick.

See it as a lesson and don't give your coins out of the hand anymore until you are very sure you will get them back AND some profit on top. Every profit doesn't matter anymore when you can't even get your original coins back anymore.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:35:04 PM

I think I prefer to cloudminning,
because we just sit back, relax, and we get paid
but most cloudminning is a con, no real mining them,
then we must carefully choose cloudminning
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:04:56 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 08:06:50 PM by wadili89

people misunderstand mining and cloudmining or they misunderstand the difference between cloudmining and mining you can just expect same results with both as if you are doing mining in home you have to buy all the mining equipments and the electricity cost and all the hassal yourself and remember all of your mining equipments will expire after 2 years as difficulity keep on incresing and old mining equipments are not usefull anymore so cloudmining face all of this and give you very minimum profit in long time

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:31:49 AM

people misunderstand mining and cloudmining or they misunderstand the difference between cloudmining and mining you can just expect same results with both as if you are doing mining in home you have to buy all the mining equipments and the electricity cost and all the hassal yourself and remember all of your mining equipments will expire after 2 years as difficulity keep on incresing and old mining equipments are not usefull anymore so cloudmining face all of this and give you very minimum profit in long time

people also forget to think about this: why would people offer to let you use their mining equipment and buy your hashing power if they werent making money off of it? because they are. cloud mining takes an incredibly long time for users to profit for a reason, and it only accelerates the profits made by those running the operation, given that the operation is legitimate.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:01:09 AM

we all know for a fact mining is not profitable why are this mining companies still around, how are they still making profit and why are people putting money into this.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:09:10 AM

we all know for a fact mining is not profitable why are this mining companies still around, how are they still making profit and why are people putting money into this.

i think its mostly attractive to people because its easy; theres nothing to do except buy "hashing power" and sit back as the pennies roll in. cloud mining lets people feel like they have an actual share in the mining scene without the hassle of maintaining/replacing hardware, keeping up with the newest asics, etc.

wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:12:36 AM

people also forget to think about this: why would people offer to let you use their mining equipment and buy your hashing power if they werent making money off of it? because they are. cloud mining takes an incredibly long time for users to profit for a reason, and it only accelerates the profits made by those running the operation, given that the operation is legitimate.

i will have to agree on this but my point is still valid aswell.

Home mining is no profit anymore and cloudmining is almost the same not much profit if there is profit in clousmining then income start after long time but there is still profit actully still big profit in big leaval mining centers

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:16:23 AM

i think its mostly attractive to people because its easy; theres nothing to do except buy "hashing power" and sit back as the pennies roll in. cloud mining lets people feel like they have an actual share in the mining scene without the hassle of maintaining/replacing hardware, keeping up with the newest asics, etc.

I got a pretty good deal from a friend that paid 6 months for a cloud mining shares, mostly people that want to experience the bitcoin mining scene with out buying equipment with their credit cards or fiat.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:22:56 AM

I got a pretty good deal from a friend that paid 6 months for a cloud mining shares, mostly people that want to experience the bitcoin mining scene with out buying equipment with their credit cards or fiat.

i think a large part of it is that asics now (antminer s3+) vost several hundreds of dollars, and most people arent willing to invest that much just to try out mining. cloud mining allows people to start "mining" with minimal investment, even a few dollars for a few gh/s would do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: