Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:25:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: built a virwox and secondlife now what?  (Read 5246 times)
mrsramos (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 11:44:44 PM

Okay, this has been a real pain in the butt.

I thought I could make a profile at virwox and exchange my money from PP and get BTC for it. After joining it made me make this second life profile that took 2 hours to screw around with. Some how I finally validated them so they link. I took my $9.00 from pp and sent it to virwox, I exchanged it to SLL thinking I could then send it to second life and have it converted to BTC. Now I have $0 and I have no idea where any of the money is. This is a huge pain in the ass.

When I sent the 1,600 SLL to Secon life, I got back a reply saying it is a two step process and that was it. The money is gone, not showing in either account and I can't find anywhere to buy BTC. I feel like I am in a warez cluster fuk.

Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sublimnl

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 12:22:10 AM

You don't need to send the SLL to Second Life - once you have verified your Virwox account you can do all transactions within Virwox. Sadly now you will need to transfer your SLL back to Virwox and then exchange it out for BTC.
mrsramos (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 01:53:49 AM

You don't need to send the SLL to Second Life - once you have verified your Virwox account you can do all transactions within Virwox. Sadly now you will need to transfer your SLL back to Virwox and then exchange it out for BTC.

I could not find a place to buy the bitcoin. I looked and looked. What button do I use to take USD in my account and turn it into BTC?
kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 06:40:16 PM

Once you have logged in and made sure you have SLL on your account, follow the Exchange: BTC/SLL in the middle left hand side of the frontpage.  From there you should be able to place a market order or a limit order.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 06:59:16 PM

if those LindenDollars show up in your avatars balance within SecondLife and you don't wanna go through all the hazzle to
- teleport to a virwox terminal
- be lucky enough to be able to transfer those L$ back to VirWox
- exchange those L$ (which are now SLL) to BTC (and of course pay a fee todo so)
- finally withdraw your BTC to your own wallet (and again pay a fee)

then PM my avatar Noodles Skute inworld, i'll exchange your $9 of L$ into BTC directly and without any fees at current MtGox rates.

kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 10:54:12 AM

but why you need the damn SL avatar i still dont get it ....

You don't, just write a fake avatar name and you can proceed…

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 01:14:02 PM

you don't need one,
you only need it, if you want to fund your account with L$/SLL from within SL,
or if you want to receive direct L$ payments from another virwox user to your virwox account (Send Money function).
in the latter case, you can also create an avatar on an OpenSim, doesn't need to be an SL avatar.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: