Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:31:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash, most viewed thread .. least talked about thread, why ?  (Read 2170 times)
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:10:06 AM

• Masternotes are complete useless and do nothing to very little in relation to cost. Other anon coins do a far better job for less. Its like asking whats wrong paying someone digging a drench and then its not used.
  • Masternotes make the 2 million instamine work if he did not want to insta/pre/devmine the shit out of the coin then he would have fixed it before relaunch after he failed on purpose to get rid of pesky miners
  • Masternotes in itself its a fail. Crypto is all about decentralization get rid of masters and not replace a bunch of fraudsters with anothers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valentino008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:26:34 AM

A forum with more then 5000 pages is no scam to me( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0 ),there are allways people who scream scam etc in any forum here about any coin,some people maybe burned by a bad trade they made with some coin and call it a scam ever since.
The reality is that they are just bad traders that made a stupid move,well thats your own mistake then. Wink
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:09:04 AM

cause no one wants to get dashed. lol

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Honestly, I think dashers can't live very long outside of the vacuum-sealed (for their protection  Roll Eyes) comfort of the echo chamber. Keep responding to this thread and the old (never refuted) criticisms of dash will come to the surface.

--heavy distribution in favor of the people who were able to mine it in the first hours

--masternodes suck at anonymity and are centralizing in nature and their distribution would most benefit those who mined it in the first hours.

--isn't insta-x just a pseudonym for low-confirmation transactions? If true, it's like telling an Apache or a Cherokee you've discovered a new land and you're calling it America.

--why do you need 3 name changes in a year? And why are they all lame?

--if Evan is such a genius, why couldn't he figure out that renaming x coin dark (now dash) is about as useful for hiding an instamine as masternodes are for protecting your anonymity? And if you can't successfully get away from the instamine, do you think institutional investors (rocket fuel refineries) are going to look past the fishy beginnings or the sucky excuse, 'It was an accident, but I didn't relaunch because.... --oh, I'm busy coding a wallet that uses a word seed--i call my invention word stealth technology.

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:49:00 AM

It's because Dash is in a type of weird death state. On the one hand the previous community has effectively dumped it. It was already starting to die when more and more people turned their backs on Duffield, but then after the rebrand everything just went apocalyptically dead and everyone finally bailed.

On the other hand, there still is a lingering inertia that it's useful for short-term pumping, irrespective of its long-term faults.

The net result is zero-participation or long-term interest but frequent observation and rape-pumping.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:59:10 AM

pls discuss !! 

Dash is actually Darkcoin, DRK. If you search deeper you'll find a lot of talk about it ... and a lot of scam accusations.

If you read them you'll find out that DRK was a great scheme to make money, not the great coin some hoped for. (imho)
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 10:02:00 AM

pls discuss !! 

it's scamming start has been talked about quite a bit.... where have you been?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

here check it out.

so the scamming part keeps it from being discussed in the altcoin section ?

not really, the coin is discussed in the alt coin section as much if not more than most other coins. The scam part often comes up during such discussions though.

look through just the last 24 hours i see many threads related to dark/dash xcoin.

pls point me to a post thats related specifically to Dash in the last 24 hrs.. and remember we are talking about a coin that rank 4th on coinmarket : http://coinmarketcap.com/
* jwinterm points at this very thread discussing the scam known at various points in history as xcoin/darkcoin/dashcoin.

nice try but i cant see any real evidence of Dash being discussed as much as if not more than most coins in the last 24 hours .. so far i found one single post.
for a coin that ranks 4th .. i wonder why ? 

pls discuss !!

Are you kidding with this? Aside from your own thread I've seen at least two today made by people trying to pump DASH by spreading a rumour the group who pumped LTC will pump it next.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1117451.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1116190.0

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:52:53 AM

The reason the thread is the most viewed and least talked about is because Dash is a maverick outsider which broke a couple of "family rules" and therefore shouldn't be successful in the eyes of some people, so they feel justified in giving it a good kicking at every opportunity Wink

Despite that, it is successful - both in marketcap terms (whether you see that as a measure of success or not) and in acheiving its technical objectives.

It is, for example, the only coin to directly address bitcoin's fungibility deficiencies without otherwise compromising on the protocol. So called "stealth" coins who's technology was designed for doing fiat bookkeeping are no competition in this regard. They try to get away with selling the lie that "invisibility" equals fungibility which it does not. Dash has taken a lot of stick over this and come out winning both the technical argument and consolidated its position in the marketplace.

Also ranking on coinmarketcap isn't that great of an indicator, something that OP keeps on going on about.

If that's true then Ripple should be better than all the other alts, because it has a high marketcap?

It may not be a "great indicator" in absolute terms, but it is in relative terms when your talking about coins that had to work their way up the rankings from a low level, which have survived a massive pump and dump phase in their evolution and whose revaluations directly correspond to the pricing in of large amounts of development effort.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 01:20:11 PM

It is, for example, the only coin to directly address bitcoin's fungibility deficiencies without otherwise compromising on the protocol. So called "stealth" coins who's technology was designed for doing fiat bookkeeping are no competition in this regard. They try to get away with selling the lie that "invisibility" equals fungibility which it does not. D

Stealth addresses do not make the coinbase invisible, moron.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:34:31 PM

They maybe don't in your little deluded definition of what money is and how it works.

But they in fact do - they were designed for exactly that purpose.
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:38:46 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 10:55:21 PM by X68N

personally i avoid it becuase of the scampart.
I am long enough in cryptocoin to know how this ends.
There are a lot of other coins, so why should i lower my chance of succsess by ignoring the scampart?
Does not make sense for me.

I am just uninterested in this coin.
Repeating the scampart to dash fans, is a waste of time for me and them too.
The time can be better used. Smiley

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:01:01 PM

Honestly, I think dashers can't live very long outside of the vacuum-sealed (for their protection  Roll Eyes) comfort of the echo chamber. Keep responding to this thread and the old (never refuted) criticisms of dash will come to the surface.

--heavy distribution in favor of the people who were able to mine it in the first hours

--masternodes suck at anonymity and are centralizing in nature and their distribution would most benefit those who mined it in the first hours.

--isn't insta-x just a pseudonym for low-confirmation transactions? If true, it's like telling an Apache or a Cherokee you've discovered a new land and you're calling it America.

--why do you need 3 name changes in a year? And why are they all lame?

--if Evan is such a genius, why couldn't he figure out that renaming x coin dark (now dash) is about as useful for hiding an instamine as masternodes are for protecting your anonymity? And if you can't successfully get away from the instamine, do you think institutional investors (rocket fuel refineries) are going to look past the fishy beginnings or the sucky excuse, 'It was an accident, but I didn't relaunch because.... --oh, I'm busy coding a wallet that uses a word seed--i call my invention word stealth technology.

In addition, fluffypony pointed out some of the caveats in this post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmvogy

Although biased by being a XMR core team member, he makes some good points with solid arguments. Just stating this here so others can examine the information themselves.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:06:52 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 03:19:16 PM by toknormal

Although biased by being a XMR core team member, he makes some good points with solid arguments.....

...if all you're building is a cryptographic bookkeeping system.
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:40:25 PM

as soon dash price is up more than 10%, the monero fuck tards revamp old posts and shill accounts to vomit the same shit over and over again.

if you run a crawler targeting the dash-instamine-scam bullshit posts, you'll get 3-4 users and around 12-15 shill accounts with same writing style, timestamps and other factors to link them.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:51:13 PM

as soon dash price is up more than 10%, the monero fuck tards revamp old posts and shill accounts to vomit the same shit over and over again.

if you run a crawler targeting the dash-instamine-scam bullshit posts, you'll get 3-4 users and around 12-15 shill accounts with same writing style, timestamps and other factors to link them.

One of your supporters started this thread himself? Don't get mad if it backfires, you could expect this. Also, the first responder isn't even a Monero supporter.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:57:20 PM

One of your supporters started this thread himself? Don't get mad if it backfires, you could expect this. Also, the first responder isn't even a Monero supporter.

don't fall for it, astrobitch acct here is controlled by one of the '3-4 users and around 12-15 shill accounts with same writing style'

take this: "i actually use this board to study and keep track of the behaviour of few profiles posting around here, for a research about communication"

Now, why would anyone ever do such a thing ... ?

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:37:21 PM

Evan is everywhere from National tv channels world wide to very known  crypto websites; while smooth  and Fluffy pony creating new threads about how Evan needs to go to jail and how a bad boy he is
From ALL the other coins only monero with their so called developer crying out loud in forums about dash.
I feel for them since their Ann thread is dead and their joke speculation  Thread here is all about I think the price going up to day no wait  I think the price might go down ofc without any technical  or crypto development from smooth or fluffy lol.
Here is the kicker if and this is a big IF smooth or fluffy pony did create master nodes or instant  transactions they would be all over the place here with monero ppl here praising how innovative and how smart they are..we call it hypocrisy
And ofc these two are no real developers with no class at all...again if you want a real developer with proven history of doing real crypto work Evan if you want real crypto forums wanna be developers you can go with smooth and Fluffy.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 09:45:33 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 12:30:02 AM by generalizethis

They maybe don't in your little deluded definition of what money is and how it works.

But they in fact do - they were designed for exactly that purpose.

Stealth addresses do not render transactions invisible, so anyone can check and validate that there aren't double spends and other flaws that might skew your or anyone else's transactions. This is the flaw that zerocash has and you must have somehow lopped the flaw onto all opaque blockchains.

That brings me around to your first comment:

Cash works by being backed by a government, but allows you to carry your money with you without anyone else being aware of how much you have or where (if you are careful) you spent it. Monero and other opaque blockchains take care of this by being verified or backed by math and takes care of your finances being private through stealth addresses.

I'm assuming that you think all wallets should be audit-able by anyone anytime and wallets that are only verifiable by permission are inferior as a monetary system.  Your presumption that this is the only way money can work misses two points. First, open wallets expose everyone's balance to thieves, hackers, the mafia, and a whole host of other dangerous characters besides the obligatory mention of LEA. Secondly, when you go to audit these open addresses, you most likely aren't going to  take the numerous hours, days, weeks, to verify each wallet by hand and make sure they check out, so you'll use a program that validates the amounts are correct with math--as you can see you are now using math in the background to verify the money that you think should be only verifiable by human eyes. Of course it would be easier to do this kind of human verification by going onto Github and verify that the opensource math that runs Monero, and other opaque blockchains, is correct.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:09:07 AM

tangled up analysis

You're confusing the monetary media itself with the accounting records for such.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 12:28:01 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 12:45:13 AM by generalizethis

so good Tok has to use a general dismissal rather than take on any points made

You're confusing the monetary media itself with the accounting records for such.

I know you can't point to any flaw, but "monetary media?" Do you really think corporate ease has ever made anyone sound more intelligent than they actually are?

Here's a good analysis of money without any pretentious jargon or logical fallacies:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3cgtvb/pondering_the_true_meaning_of_money_special/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: