Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 17846 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:24:31 PM

My take is that the real reason why Dark was renamed to Dash was to distance itself from the insta-mined coins story as well as other shady things that happened near its release in 2014.

My take is you will choose to believe whatever happens to suit your agenda at any given time.

Still waiting for your intervention in the Axiom thread btw. C'mon now, it had ninja launch, instamine amplified with huge instaPoS, instantly on exchanges, dev abandoned the project soon after. Should get your altruistic scam buster juices flowing.

And when you're done with Axiom, I have another one for you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1180846.0;all

I admire your scam-busting attitude! The logical way to do it with limited resources would be to focus on the biggest scams by market cap (Xcoin/Darkcoin/DASH) and work your way down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hthsco

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:00:13 AM

I like DASH. I love DASH.  Grin
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:03:21 AM

Very much appreciate your work here Sir Alpha_goy. Even if I don't agree with all your assessments, you're adding considerable substance and value to the consideration of these two alts that (as you've pointed out) are so important to what's going on in crypto in general. Thanks.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
pilscoop

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:34:13 AM

Where can I trade LTC and DASH?
AdamWhite

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:04:54 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 03:50:15 AM by AdamWhite

I couldn't agree more.

I think you need to follow your own advice though and start with the biggest scams by market cap and work your way down.

Indeed. But since this is the altcoin section of Bitcointalk, let's stick to cryptocurrencies for now.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:17:18 AM

My take is that the real reason why Dark was renamed to Dash was to distance itself from the insta-mined coins story as well as other shady things that happened near its release in 2014.

My take is you will choose to believe whatever happens to suit your agenda at any given time.

Still waiting for your intervention in the Axiom thread btw. C'mon now, it had ninja launch, instamine amplified with huge instaPoS, instantly on exchanges, dev abandoned the project soon after. Should get your altruistic scam buster juices flowing.

And when you're done with Axiom, I have another one for you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1180846.0;all

I admire your scam-busting attitude! The logical way to do it with limited resources would be to focus on the biggest scams by market cap (Xcoin/Darkcoin/DASH) and work your way down.

You should know the background before opening your mouth. Smoothie claimed the price of DASH didn't have any bearing on his decision to attack it ("price has nothing to do with it") and implied it was for altruistic reasons boasting his other "scam busting" ventures (RealSolid/Coinhunter when BTC was $5 and SLC $0.01) as a reference for not caring about the price.
eduffield
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 06:12:54 PM

There's lot's of false information rolling around this thread  Roll Eyes

Here's an interview that clarifies the instamine and what happened: https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118
TLDR: The instamine was a bug that turned into a feature, it's also why we're continuing to be a success.

If you want to learn about the technology, watch the video series. (there's a hidden message in the series somewhere that no one has found  Grin)

https://www.dashpay.io/dash-video-series/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:14:51 PM

There's lot's of false information rolling around this thread  Roll Eyes

Here's an interview that clarifies the instamine and what happened: https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118
TLDR: The instamine was a bug that turned into a feature, it's also why we're continuing to be a success.

If you want to learn about the technology, watch the video series. (there's a hidden message for investors in the series somewhere that no one has found  Grin)

if i where you i'd also say that the instamine is now a feature... at least you got a huge amount of coins that way Huh

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
eduffield
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 06:19:24 PM

If you want to learn about the technology, watch the video series. (there's a hidden message in the series somewhere that no one has found  Grin)

if i where you i'd also say that the instamine is now a feature... at least you got a huge amount of coins that way Huh

I'm going to venture a guess that you either read at 1000wpm or you didn't read that article.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:20:36 PM

There's lot's of false information rolling around this thread  Roll Eyes

If you want to learn about the technology, watch the video series. (there's a hidden message in the series somewhere that no one has found  Grin)

I'm going to venture a guess that you either read at 1000wpm or you didn't read that article.

i was there in the first days of xcoin and i dont need an article to explain to me what happend back then

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:26:24 PM

damn, i already watched them (all of them) and i didnt find any hidden message. Please dont tell me we are suppose to watch those video's backwards in order
to reveal any hidden messages ?   Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
AdamWhite

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:52:30 PM

TLDR: The instamine was a bug that turned into a feature

Roll Eyes                     Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes                  Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes               Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes        Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes        Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes            Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes                Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes                    Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes                        Roll Eyes
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:54:05 PM

I have a confession to make, even i didnt read your mentioned interview as i incorrectly assumed it directed to the birth of darkcoin and
wouldnt contain information i didnt read already. I just now clicked your link and realised it does contain a lot of new information.
Thanks for the link.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:13:37 PM

TLDR: The instamine was a bug that turned into a feature

Roll Eyes                    

In regards to this: https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

What is your response to this:

If you don’t like that it was an instamine, that’s fine, go invest in something else.

eh, i think he already replied with a K, so i guess Adam is okay with it.

eduffield
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:05:27 PM

So eduffield says the instamine wasn't a scam, i guess that's all the proof I need!  Roll Eyes

What do you expect, that's he'll admit it?

Was the instamine a scam? "Definitely not"

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

Seeing a pattern?

Deceptive launch time, lack of windows wallets, the supposed "bug" that instamined over 23% of the total coins in circulation in 8 hours - anyone with brain sees exactly what happened here.

If you don’t like that it was an instamine, that’s fine, go invest in something else.

If you don't like hearing criticism about your oops!stamined scamcoin, that's fine, go click on another thread.

I'm going to venture a guess. You bought the original hype about Darkcoin when it was $12-15 (when we had no technology and just ideas!), then it fell to $5 and you were looking for something to blame and learned about the instamine? You've been waiting for months for it to collapse and it's not (real next-gen technology, really amazing 50+ member team, 10000+ hours of work has been put into this project in the last 1.5 years). What are you going to do when you finally realize it's not a scam, then it takes off and no one cares about the instamine because the technology is whats important?

The whole instamine is over blown because every coin that's even moderately successful has founders with >5%. Dash is on the low end, our founders have way less coins than the Bitcoin devs, Ripple, etc. Bitcoin for example was unknown with a handful of miners for nearly 1-2 years, they mined 6 million coins during that time. Satoshi alone was thought to have 10%. Our entire team combined has less than 10% of the supply (current supply, not total). So what?

What about corporations? They all start out with "Instamines". Does that make every corporation in history a scam?

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:15:31 PM

So eduffield says the instamine wasn't a scam, i guess that's all the proof I need!  Roll Eyes

What do you expect, that's he'll admit it?

Was the instamine a scam? "Definitely not"

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

Seeing a pattern?

Deceptive launch time, lack of windows wallets, the supposed "bug" that instamined over 23% of the total coins in circulation in 8 hours - anyone with brain sees exactly what happened here.

If you don't like hearing criticism about your oops!stamined scamcoin, that's fine, go click on another thread.

I'm going to venture a guess. You bought the original hype about Darkcoin when it was $12-15 (when we had no technology and just ideas!), then it fell to $5 and you were looking for something to blame and learned about the instamine? You've been waiting for months for it to collapse and it's not, because now that we have REAL technology that works. What are you going to do when you finally realize it's not a scam and no one cares about the instamine because the technology is whats important?

The whole instamine is over blown because every coin that's even moderately successful has founders with >5%. Dash is on the low end, our founders have way less coins than the Bitcoin devs, Ripple, etc. Bitcoin for example was unknown with a handful of miners for nearly 1-2 years, they mined 6 million coins during that time. Satoshi alone was thought to have 10%. Our entire team combined has less than 10% of the supply (current supply, not total). So what?

What about corporations? They all start out with "Instamines". Does that make every corporation in history a scam?

Are you saying your coin was as fairly launched as Bitcoin? Also, didn't you realize that not relaunching after the accidental mine would forever taint your launch with the possibility of insider manipulation? In my estimation, you either failed to see the obvious or you are currently misleading people. Either way, it's a losing proposition for an investor who values quality leadership.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:19:34 PM

Either way, it's a losing proposition for an investor who values quality leadership.

Yes, it's terrible to invest in a project where the leader makes decisions that benefit the investors.
eduffield
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:23:47 PM

Are you saying your coin was as fairly launched as Bitcoin? Also, didn't you realize that not relaunching after the accidental mine would forever taint your launch with the possibility of insider manipulation? In my estimation, you either failed to see the obvious or you are currently misleading people. Either way, it's a losing proposition for an investor who values quality leadership.

Is the Dash distribution currently better than Bitcoins on July, 1 2010 (1.5 years after launch)? YES! Can you prove otherwise?

There is no such thing as a fair distribution, Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc... they ALL have declining supply curves. That is mathematically defined unfair distribution, where most of the coins are issued up front. Life is unfair, you can't always catch a coin when it launches and make a bunch of money off of it.

The community should support competition in the space and all projects where there is a lot of effort. We need more ideas in this space, not less. If Bitcoin had it's way, all of our "silly projects" would be killed off and it would be a monopoly in the space, the only game in town. This isn't healthy for a free market, we should be exploring as many new ideas as possible, to try and find the real solutions, the ones the Bitcoin devs don't care to look into (like decentralized governance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2bx0quM-h0 and virtual corporations so that we could have a truly decentralized ecosystem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJKZjTx9Bg)

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:27:42 PM

Is the Dash distribution currently better than Bitcoins on July, 1 2010 (1.5 years after launch)? YES! Can you prove otherwise?

That's eluding the questions with a question.

Again,

eduffield
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:39:34 PM

Are you saying your coin was as fairly launched as Bitcoin?

Yes, it was launched as fair as Bitcoin. It was launched with prior notice and a completely public source code. Bugs or no bugs, it was completely transparent.

Also, didn't you realize that not relaunching after the accidental mine would forever taint your launch with the possibility of insider manipulation?[/b] In my estimation, you either failed to see the obvious or you are currently misleading people. Either way, it's a losing proposition for an investor who values quality leadership.

Insider manipulation? Watch my video here about Virtual Corporations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJKZjTx9Bg

This is the structure that stops that from being a problem. People that have shares from the instamine or that are issued through the setup of a virtual corporation will have to sign some bylaws, which will make that type of behavior impossible. The founders need incentives, but they also need rules, which is what we're working on.

As for tainting the coin forever? All coins have instamines, some of them are slower than others. That's the point. Any coin that is even moderately successful has founders with more than 5% of the supply. That's called incentivizing the founders, it's required.

In the end the ONLY point of a fair launch is for distribution. So now answer my question:

Is the Dash distribution currently better than Bitcoins on July, 1 2010 (1.5 years after launch)?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: