Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:53:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: idea  (Read 10340 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 09:06:53 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2012, 08:51:03 AM by Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย

Thanks but at this time I will not be doing anything. Thank you all for your feedback.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 09:24:52 AM

I think this is a good idea if only to diversify the market with a security that isn't bitcoin related.

From an investment perspective, this could be very attractive. To my knowledge, there's no easy way for someone here in America to invest in something like this without existing connections.

You mention that the land will increase in value. This is undoubtedly true. I'm wondering, how would shareholders benefit from the valuation of the land in this case?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 09:37:01 AM

Hi all.

I have been looking into buying land and farming for a while now and it looks like I'm going to go ahead and do it in Cambodia. (maybe Thailand and Missouri too at a later date)

Says the goat who claims he cant even afford a lawyer:

Personally I've had to sell just about everything I own, other than my car to not default.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108282.msg1177858#msg1177858
I'm in Thailand and I do not have the money to hire a lawyer to file a complain on my behalf.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108282.msg1180896#msg1180896

I will wait in queue to lend you 1000s of BTCs for a multi year farming project that doesnt even produce a return in BTC, so you are shorting them.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 10:08:19 AM

Can you legally own land in Cambodia?

Are you a Cambodian citizen?

Because it looks like its legal for you to own an apartment or condo, but land purchase is against the law for Foreigners.

To be honest I'm unclear on your legal status because of your wife, etc

I think this is a great idea, I just want a clarification on the legal status of it.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 10:21:55 AM

Food is a pretty safe bet, especially staple foods. Good choice.

Did you take a look at the watering situation at that piece of land? Is there a natural flooding source available or will you have to rely on artificial irrigation?
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 12:49:12 PM

Food is a pretty safe bet, especially staple foods. Good choice.

Did you take a look at the watering situation at that piece of land? Is there a natural flooding source available or will you have to rely on artificial irrigation?

Natural flooding. That is the only way I would go in this part of the world. Also there is not one piece of land that I have picked out. There is a rice farming area that I have in mind and will be going back there in 3 weeks to make a purchase. However I wanted to get some feedback on the asset idea to see if there was some significant interest. If so I might get a larger area and might be able to get a higher percentage of the rice yield.

Thank you.

I have interest, however for something long term such as this, there is going to need to be a little bit more than the rinky dinky GLBSE "contract" format, an actual asset charter and the like would be imperative to deal with any and all legal implications that could arise.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 01:05:08 PM

its not that expensive to open a coorp. (as far as i understood nefario glbse does not fall under any money regulation laws)
main problem are taxes (and the paperwork) Wink

i see it as a mayor step for bitcoin itself. it would gain trust by many people and could attract real investors.

we are there if the next facebook considers glbse for their ipo Wink

gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:59:43 PM

This is too fucking much.

Goat, you've made it clear that you're a sad little fuck, but you've gone above and beyond with this sharecropping idea.

Let's take a look at sharecropping in the US: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharecropping#United_States

This is indentured servitude, just one small step away from slavery.

Fuck you. Get the fuck out of here; you are a sack of shit.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
WITRcenter

Activity: 88

W Investment Technology Research Center

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:14:30 PM

How much have you done the research?

Is the land allowed to build a house or factory on the land (which means stop grow rice) and sell it to other people?  Do you have such plan?
Is it closed to the city? which city? Location? Sellers?
Is it allowed a foreigner to buy a land? Is it allowed to be sold right now and in the future?
Taxes?

WIT-2, a new equity investment opportunity offered by W Investment Technology Research Center.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=132035.msg1414857#msg1414857
gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:19:17 PM

Goat, you've made it clear that you're a sad little fuck, but you've gone above and beyond with this sharecropping idea.

Let's take a look at sharecropping in the US: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharecropping#United_States

Thanks for the link but I am talking about Cambodia not the USA. I have people who want to farm this land because they will make more than working in the Nike factory down the road... Should I tell them sorry I wont let you farm it after all cuz some guy on the internet said you were like slaves? Free market...

Indentured servitude in the name of the "free market" as a way for people to save themselves from other rapacious exploiters. It matters little what country it is. I suspect that you think this scheme would be easier to pull off in a place like Cambodia than the US or Europe precisely because they're currently more desperate. You're right about that.

I've never said or written this to anyone before: you are fucking scum.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
WITRcenter

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:34:16 PM

If you do this please do not list on GLBSE.

WIT-2, a new equity investment opportunity offered by W Investment Technology Research Center.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:49:54 PM

Thanks for the link but I am talking about Cambodia not the USA. I have people who want to farm this land because they will make more than working in the Nike factory down the road... Should I tell them sorry I wont let you farm it after all cuz some guy on the internet said you were like slaves? Free market...

Indentured servitude in the name of the "free market" as a way for people to save themselves from other rapacious exploiters. It matters little what country it is. I suspect that you think this scheme would be easier to pull off in a place like Cambodia than the US or Europe precisely because they're currently more desperate. You're right about that.

I've never said or written this to anyone before: you are fucking scum.

^ +1 people creating jobs in country's with high unemployment should be shot in my opinion!
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:52:04 PM

Sharecropping is a word that has so many really negative connotations, especially in the USA, given our historical fuckage of other races.

At least getting away from that terminology and finding a new, respectful, term would, well, reduce the douche factor.

Maybe collective farming?
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:52:27 PM

This shows the beauty of bitcoin. Because of bitcoin, we have the option to invest in a small operation on the opposite side of the globe. It opens the financial market worldwide and allows freedom for your money.

"Sharecropping" has a negative connotation to many people because of the system used in the US after slavery was made illegal, where rich landowners basically continued slavery by having the poor former slaves work the land for no pay. Sharecropping can be much more equitable and viable if the people who work the land get a meaningful portion of the profits. It all depends on how the crop is shared between the landowner and the landworker.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
WITRcenter

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:55:14 PM

I'm not list on GLBSE.

Your investment is a relatively long term asset. you should provide liquidity to your investors on some time-framely matched infrastructure. I don't think GLBSE will last long enough to match your asset life time.

There are worries in other asset discussion thread that people who don't trust GLBSE ask the issuer think some back up plans when the GLBSE disappeared. GLBSE is a very centralized exchange. surely Nefario will meet some serious legal trouble later and the whole GLBSE shut down, most of the investors cannot prove that they hold a certain interest in your operation.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:56:58 PM

I'm not list on GLBSE.

Your investment is a relatively long term asset. you should provide liquidity to your investors on some time-framely matched infrastructure. I don't think GLBSE will last long enough to match your asset life time.

There are worries in other asset discussion thread that people who don't trust GLBSE ask the issuer think some back up plans when the GLBSE disappeared. GLBSE is a very centralized exchange. surely Nefario will meet some serious legal trouble later and the whole GLBSE shut down, most of the investors cannot prove that they hold a certain interest in your operation.

Hey do you live in China by the way mate?
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:57:38 PM

If you do this please do not list on GLBSE.

I think GLBSE could be a good place to list even if you have a few large investors. There is no reason shares have to be below 1 btc in price, you could have shares be 10 btc if you want. The GLBSE would then keep an orderly record of who owns how much of the investment, and allow people who invest the ability to sell that investment at a later date.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

After talking with the guy who will odds are farm or manage the land 4 to 6% seems to be a more realistic return. (I will update OP)

This is not guaranteed but what should happen in an average year.

Also due to flooding in the area this year there are more sellers than buyers. Land should be able to be bought at free market prices for less than average.

Still no land has been bought at this time and I am still seeing if the community is interested in investing with me.

Thanks.

i am very interested in investing in this project.

but after all the scams and my newborn daughter...i dont have btc now and it'll take a little until this changes.
in dec a project (from me and a friend) will start to fly: maybe things look differently afterwards.

one question: who will own the land? you or your shareholders?
what possibilities can you offer if i want to sell my shares?

i'd also prefer to invest directly in you and skip the middleman Wink
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:05:23 PM

Can you make your financial analysis available? Its interesting, but I wonder what other economic factors might be unaccounted for.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:11:15 PM

Gene - what is such a leftist as you doing on this forum?!

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: