Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LetsGetCrypto: the ultimate rotator - over 100,000 user referrals generated!  (Read 11587 times)
LosingAlpha (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 11:10:30 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 09:32:02 PM by LosingAlpha

LetsGetCrypto is a BTC/LTC/Doge/Dash referral sharing faucet list with a unique rotator. Custom built from the ground up, the guiding principle behind every design decision I've made is to increase profits for everyone who uses it, and to encourage everyone to use it as much as possible by keeping the list as current as possible.

What makes Let's Get Crypto stand out?

• It earns you crypto while you sleep: When you visit the faucets using the Let's Get Crypto list/rotator, we automatically send you to faucets using our other active users' wallet addresses, and we send them to yours so everyone gets extra coins
  • It's fast: The rotator's Turbo mode caches the next and previous faucets, reducing the load times for the next faucet, while allowing the previous faucet to continue working in the background when you move on. You can also skip to the next faucet when you encounter a wait, and return to the previous faucet when it has counted down.
  • It's efficient: When using the rotator, the highest paying faucet which is available to you and matches your filtering criteria is always the next to load.
  • It's smart: It automatically monitors as many faucets as it can, removing faucets and adding them back in if they have problems, without admin intervention.
  • It's updated all day and night: As well as the automatic updates, when using the rotator, the Wait/Payout/Referral % values can be clicked and edited by anybody, and faucets can be reported for a variety of issues. Any changes you submit are highlighted to moderators who check reports multiple times per day.
  • It's customisable: You can combine a number of faucet properties in the sidebar, allowing you to show/hide ones with antibot links, popups etc. You can also star faucets to designate them as favorites, your favorites are always shown first.
  • It's as mellow you want it to be: If you don't want to deal with jumping through hoops clicking anti-bot links etc to make claims, just click the "Be gentle" button and you will be presented only with faucets which are not painful to use. If you don't mind a challenge, choose "Hurt me" to see everything. The sidebar on the left will always show yu the minimum payout available for the whole list with your current filtering criteria
  • It's always improving: Let's Get Crypto is being worked on and improved every day.

Let's Get Crypto isn't a cookie-cutter list/rotator which was thrown together in a few hours to try to grab some referrals and left to go stale, it is a serious project which is intended to become the definitive list of working faucets, customizable to each individual's tastes, while providing the best possible payout with the least amount of fuss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 11:22:54 AM

aaaaaand it doesn't actually show any faucet to new users. Like I say - early days. 5 mins and that will be fixed Smiley

krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 11:25:28 AM

That is a nice concept for a faucet rotator.
Also, you need to add more BTC faucets into the list. Smiley

PS: Logged in and guess what... Bitcoin faucets list is empty. It works just fine when I'm not logged in. Sad

Life sucks.
LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 12:17:21 PM

That should be it working now.  Any other problems, let me know.

I'll be adding a ton of faucet sites over the next few days. That's my top priority aside from bug fixes

krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 12:48:13 PM

LosingAlpha, what is the difference between Delay (mins) and Wait (mins)?

Life sucks.
LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 12:56:09 PM

Delay is how long the faucet makes you wait between payouts, wait is that number minus the number of minutes since you last visited it (so when it counts down to zero, you can collect again)

I'll think of a better way to word that, and/or add tooltips so people can get definitions of things they're not sure about.

krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 01:09:09 PM

Delay is how long the faucet makes you wait between payouts, wait is that number minus the number of minutes since you last visited it (so when it counts down to zero, you can collect again)

I'll think of a better way to word that, and/or add tooltips so people can get definitions of things they're not sure about.
Oh, I see.

Yeah, add tooltips so it is easier for us to understand your rotator.
Also, did you update the list frequently?

Life sucks.
LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Also, did you update the list frequently?
I would imagine I'll be spending most of my spare time this week building up the list of faucets. Once it's up to a point where I'm happy with it I'll work on building in functionality to allow users to report sites which die, run out of funds or otherwise deserve to be removed from rotation (the code and database side of this is in place already, I just need to build in a way for the users to flag them up)

After that, I'll likely be adding new faucets once or twice a week, and dealing with issues with the old faucets the same day they get reported.

LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 10:26:20 PM

20 new faucets added. Also (and this is going to be incredibly wordy because it needs to start with an explanation of how the site works and why):

I've been thinking about a few things today, one of which is the way (inbound) referrals are handled. Currently when you  send someone to letsgetcrypto via your referral URL, roughly 20% of the faucets they visit will have your referral address (plus however many times you turn up in  the rest, which is variable because another 70% are allocated randomly, weighted by when the user was last active.)

This is done for a few reasons.:

1) All referrals (I'm talking outbound links now) are permanent - once someone hits a faucet from a link with your ID you referred them, end of story, the faucet stores  your receiving address alongside theirs and pays you whenever they collect no matter what the referral tag in the URL is when they arrive on future visits - this is why I ask you to use a new receiving address, so I don't end up sending people to links where the wrong person gets paid. I also store user/referrer pair at my end so there aren't pointless collisions, the aim is to make everybody as much money as possible after all, and I think once the site gets busy people will soon see their profits go through the roof.

2) The lifeblood of the site is the generation of referral payments to the users, that's what sets it apart from the crowd and will increase profitability for everyone, I incentivise you to use it with the promise of referral payments, just as the faucet owners are incentivised to operate by the promise of advertising payments. But I can't deliver on that promise unless people are actively collecting payments, so the solution is to prioritise referrals based on activity. To that end, you have your highest probability of an outbound referral URL being generated for another of the users if you've last been actively collecting from faucets within the past hour, your lowest probability is at the 8 hour mark, and if you've been inactive loner than 8 hours the probability drops to zero (and then goes back to the maximum next time you come back)

But, before any of us see this site become the moneymaker it could be, we need people there collecting their payments and generating those referral payments.  I'm able to provide the platform that facilitates all this, but I'm just one guy and an [ANN] thread and a sig link aren't going to maximise the amount of users coming in. What I need to do to reach that goal is incentivise the users to help advertise - this is the point of giving people referral links, but I'm not happy with the "20% of your referred users traffic" idea. I toyed with the idea of putting it up to 100% but to be honest I don't think that's enough either. This platform is an ambitious experiment if nothing else, and I'm all about using it to aim high and innovate. So here's my idea, I'm interested in feedback so please, let me know what you think:

Instead of offering a percentage of outbound links for every single user referred, what I'd like to do is reset the referrer's clock when a referred user visits a faucet to collect. What this means is if you manage to drive users to the site, you don't get a paltry percentage of that users referral payments, your clock gets reset so you can start generating new referrals for everyone coming in (still based on randomness and probability from the pool of other active users, obviously) whether you've been active on the site or not.

This would (again) be a completely new way of doing things, but if the head maths I've been doing today is right, it means far and more balanced benefits for those who are driving new users to the site. It's very different, but I think for that reason it really fits with the general theme of the site.

Perhaps going back to a percentage (or even offering both kinds and letting users decide) would be more beneficial to the referrers when the site gets busy, but in these early days the benefits of this would massively outweigh any alternative I can think of.

evilfaucet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:50:10 AM

Add plz my faucet http://evilfaucet.com
thx.
LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 10:13:45 PM

Add plz my faucet http://evilfaucet.com
thx.
Sorry dude, I'd love to but you'd have to put the payout up first. I removed all the faucets with payouts that low today, and will likely be more brutal in the days ahead once I add more.

On a general note, it's becoming apparent I'm not going to get away from putting in reporting in the near term. There are faucets which are broken or a pain in the ass in the splitscreen rotator, ones running dry too often, and others just outright breaking (I use the site myself under the same rules as everybody else - best way to see how it performs and how I can improve it) so I'll be adding in functionality for people to report these things or add ones they just plain find annoying to an ignore list over the next few days - I'm thinking I'll also add a way for people to advise where buttons are etc on the more sneaky ones, but that's probably a job for next week. Maintaining the list is probably going to be too time consuming and I'd like for owners like evilfaucet here to be able to add their own faucets whenever they want (subject to admin approval, obviously) so I'll be building that in as a priority this week.

In terms of actual development (rather than just planned) I bought some adwords credit to bring some complete randoms in and see how they fared. The few that turned up didn't do great, they seemed to click on a bunch of links which didn't work because they weren't logged in, and just left. That is clearly no bueno so I tweaked things a little. Now, rather than simply telling them to log in to visit the faucets, I've made it so that logged out randoms are presented with a list that takes them direct to the faucets they click on rather than trying to send them via the redirect. The referral addresses in the list are generated based on randomly selected users who have been active in the past 24 hours. So even if someone finds the site through a search and for some unknown reason wants to browse the faucets without logging in (which is just flat out insane IMO) I just let them. It's their loss, but as long as referrals are being generated for the active users I'm fine with that.

The only problem with this is that it's still a half measure - they can click the links and get where they're going, but there's no indication afterwards of how long they need to wait per faucet, and they still need to be logged in to use the rotator (purely because there's no tracking - if I don't track them and don't know how long they have to wait, then I can't make the faucets come up in a sane order, according to wait etc)

In other news, I changed the order of the list. At some point in the near future I'll introduce sorting on user preference, but for now it's ordered from highest paying downwards. I still think random was a good idea in theory (the main point in this is to get as many *referrals* as possible for everybody, and that won't happen if everybody just cherry-picks the faucets offering high rewards) but let's face it, people want the quick win, and if I'm taking out the low paying faucets hopefully people will make it far enough through the list without turning away that it won't matter much. This new sorting applies to both the list and the rotators.

So the state of play as it stands is that there are a bunch of a pain in the ass faucets that need fixed - but these are a pain in the ass in different ways so I intend to come up with a workable solution to this in the next few days, and finding and adding faucets manually is so time consuming that it has to be shelved to allow development work to happen and vice versa, so coming up with good solutions to these two problems are very, very high up my to do list.

The site's also not nearly busy enough for my tastes yet. There are only a handful of people coming in on any given day, and even less who are sticking around and putting in work, so if you're one of the few who are using it frequently and you're disappointed with the results all I can say is thank you and please be patient in these early days. Once the traffic picks up the early adopters are going to be best positioned to reap badass rewards. It's designed to all balance out and be as fair as possible eventually, but in the early days when traffic starts picking up and we begin sending more people out to the faucets, it's going to be the people who got their foot in the door early and stayed active who are going to see the fastest growth in their incoming referral payments.

I think the referral sharing idea is a winner for everybody involved, and I'm determined to do a good job of this and make everyone a bunch more money than they'd otherwise get. Thanks for reading. I'll keep updating the thread as I continue to progress along my (slightly wing-it-as-you-go-along) develoment roadmap Smiley

LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 10:06:54 PM

Well it's been a busy few days, the new features are coming along nicely but aren't quite ready for primetime yet. A couple of posts back I mentioned I wanted to "use [the site] to aim high and innovate," and I figured it would help to also get some insight into how this works from the faucet-owner's perspective. So, I set up a little test faucet, but set it up in a way that rather than paying referrers, it would pay the person who fills in the form and then randomly gift a handful of active members of letsgetcrypto.com.

So please, feel free to hit it up for some easy satoshis while it still has cash in it. It doesn't pay very highly, but is more of an experiment in pulling in new users, rewarding existing users, and seeing what it's like to actually run one of these things than anything else right now. Depending on how it goes it may become a permanent feature with increased rewards at a later date.

LetsGetCrypto - Bitcoin faucet

tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:31:05 AM

it's help me full,welcome backa gain and i think it's will  help me to find some faucet. thank you for your help and you need add more list faucet

LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 10:48:18 AM

Thanks tyrexs, glad it's working out for you. It's still very very quiet, so nobody is seeing the kind of results we're going to yet, but as more people start coming in it's going to get a lot more rewarding.

I've tweaked the Bitcoin faucet so it gives higher payouts now (up to 5000/6 hours) and have also started a Doge faucet with rewards up to 250 every hour. I expect they'll cost more than they earn, but their primary purpose is to bring people to a page with a little description where I can quickly explain what LGC does in the hope they realise how worthwhile it is. So I'm happy to run them for a little while and see how it goes.

(and in keeping with the altruistic theme of the site, both faucets pay out to 5 random members of LetsGetCrypto every time someone collects - so you should start seeing a bunch of referral payments coming in from them too Smiley)

LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 12:24:50 PM

A number of updates since I last posted here, I've put them at the top of the first post Smiley

Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 08:22:26 PM

A number of updates since I last posted here, I've put them at the top of the first post Smiley
you're doing a great job mate! Awesome rotator! I'll use it this week when i'm on a desktop pc and in a week i'll post some suggestions / feedback.

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:29:00 PM

you're doing a great job mate! Awesome rotator! I'll use it this week when i'm on a desktop pc and in a week i'll post some suggestions / feedback.
Thanks! I'm still working on it several hours a day, mostly tweaks behind the scenes and some larger, more visible changes I hope to be able to go live with over the weekend. But I'm very keen to hear others are getting on with it. What works, what doesn't, ideas for new features etc.

Some of the guys on there who have been active frequently are making some pretty decent money from referrals already. It's nice to see. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they've got coming in when the site is 10, 100, 1000 times busier Smiley

umair01

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:55:58 PM

the view mode , specially the Quad mode , it's very good if someone has a big screen and they could really minimize time spent on this way
LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:26:28 PM

the view mode , specially the Quad mode , it's very good if someone has a big screen and they could really minimize time spent on this way
Yeah I wish I had a bigger screen so I could take advantage of it, I tend to stick with dual or single.

Some other nice things about the rotator which I don't explain on the site (yet - it's coming!) is that you can open multiple windows and they'll all work correctly (I.e. Prioritising the faucets they show you correctly, not showing ones that are open in your other windows) and in dual/quad view of you want to skip to the next faucets in every panel you can just hit reload in your browser rather than using the next buttons and it'll figure it out from that.

LosingAlpha (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 09:12:35 PM

At time of writing, LetsGetCrypto has generated a grand total of 6,488 referrals for its members. You can get an idea of how well the referral sharing idea is working out for normal users by checking out the standard user account I've been using to check BTC faucets once or twice a day for the past 3 weeks here - it's looking like users who are active and picking up referrals daily just now will be making more from referral payments than they do collecting on faucets by the end of the year.

So, I'm happy with the progress we're making so far, and am very much looking forward to helping all you guys get more coin. As my way of saying thank you to the people who are making this possible (you) I'm going to be running a giveaway on bitvoat once the BTC referrals hit 5,000 (they're currently at 4,070)

For those who have never heard of it, bitvoat is similar to reddit, but has native BTC/LTC/Doge tipping built in. It's not my site, but I love the idea and because tipping is native it will work perfectly for the purposes of this giveaway. So if you want to get some very generous tips from me directly, visit the LGC section sign up, say hi, start using LGC if you haven't already, and start heping pimp it out by referring others so we can get to 5,000 referrals on the BTC side as soon as possible! (referrers get 20% of everyone you refer's outbound traffic, payouts from my faucets randomly when the guys you refer are active, and some other nice perks I've got planned in the near future Smiley)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: