Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:49:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Early adopter or Johnny come lately?  (Read 1148 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:04:55 PM

I think the same people here who act all smart about accepting Bitcoin now it's all over the mainstream wouldn't touch it when it was at its early stages.

However, if you think I am being harsh, prove me wrong and download this app that  I swear to you is the future of Cryptocurrency, it takes less than a minute to register and you start receiving coins for doing zero!! Which I guarantee will be worth a ton in the coming months. So are you an early adopter or a Johnny come lately...

Post if you accept new things or not...

http://getgems.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 04:10:15 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 04:31:04 PM by LaudaM

The website is clean if anyone wonders. It seems to me like you're just trying to promote this wallet for smartphones.
I don't see any indications because of which I would want to install this. I don't even properly understand the point of this thread in correlation to its title?

Just a small update. Due to your nonsense and unusual behavior, I'm going to ignore your posts in this thread before deciding what to do next.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:11:10 PM

getgems got a milion worth of funding but isn't it an alt?
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:12:44 PM

The website is clean if anyone wonders. It seems to me like you're just trying to promote this wallet for smartphones.
I don't see any indications because of which I would want to install this. I don't even properly understand the point of this thread in correlation to its title?

Struggle to get it?

I'll put jot you down as Laggard for now...

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:17:14 PM

getgems got a milion worth of funding but isn't it an alt?

Don't fret, it's all very complicated isn't it. All flashing lights and buttons and stuff so hard to understand..

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:25:31 PM

Just a small update. Due to your nonsense and unusual behavior I'm going to ignore your posts in this thread before deciding what to do next.

Some people need time, I understand, for Bitcoin it was about two years people needed...

Buy the way, no one is even acknowledging my point that there are threads in the Bitcoin section mocking people who just don't get Bitcoin and won't adopt a new tech but those same people won't accept this and will walk off scratching their head just like their non adopting Bitcoin friends and family...
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:26:03 PM

They can't even afford an SSL certificate.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:27:29 PM

This website doesn't look serious if they don't redirect http to https.

Imagine what people saw when some guy first posted his idea for crazy magic internet money....I bet they didn't trust him either..
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:29:34 PM

They can't even afford an SSL certificate.

Where's the Bitcoin logo? what is this bullshit!

I need a diagram.....

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:32:09 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 04:44:38 PM by nextgencoin

Not bad idea, Social Messaging with reward, but only altcoin Sad
Just hope this won't become altcoin which only famous for a while

But, i'm sure people would buy that altcoin & sell it while the hype still high

No one needs to buy the coin....If it gets a million plus users how is that hype? Change your frame of reference something new is contained here. Gemz is a token, it's nessecary for the wheels to,turn in the app, it's a micro economy of you want to describe it more correctly.

The app will I believe put a Bitcoin wallet into the hands of millions of people I believe in the next couple of years....

So how many Bitcoin users are there really now? A few million, we'll triple that and add a zero, this is main stream adoption strategy.
anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:42:24 PM

I think the same people here who act all smart about accepting Bitcoin now it's all over the mainstream wouldn't touch it when it was at its early stages.

However, if you think I am being harsh, prove me wrong and download this app that  I swear to you is the future of Cryptocurrency, it takes less than a minute to register and you start receiving coins for doing zero!! Which I guarantee will be worth a ton in the coming months. So are you an early adopter or a Johnny come lately...

I wasn't really an early adoptor, but it had more to do with me being far too busy to learn about cryptos, and not understanding the tech enough to trust it.  When BTC first came out, even a 100$ investment would have been beyond my financial means.  When you are poor you just don't worry about investments.  That is for people with money Smiley

Now I have a few pennies to throw in, and some time to keep track of them, so it is not about being a laggard so much as when in my life I actually had the ability to get in.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:48:58 PM

However, if you think I am being harsh, prove me wrong and download this app that  I swear to you is the future of Cryptocurrency, it takes less than a minute to register and you start receiving coins for doing zero!! Which I guarantee will be worth a ton in the coming months. So are you an early adopter or a Johnny come lately...

I wasn't really an early adoptor, but it had more to do with me being far too busy to learn about cryptos, and not understanding the tech enough to trust it.  When BTC first came out, even a 100$ investment would have been beyond my financial means.  When you are poor you just don't worry about investments.  That is for people with money Smiley

Now I have a few pennies to throw in, and some time to keep track of them, so it is not about being a laggard so much as when in my life I actually had the ability to get in.

But be honest for 99% of people posting in the Bitcoin section they would still not have anything to do with it or see the value in the concept were it not for the MSM plastering it daily and the hype of quick monetary gains. I'm calling BS on that smugness and I guess doing my own personal social experiment cause I get a personal kick out of it. call me an asshole of you want, I am actually giving the first dibs to the Bitcoin community to GET IT. because I'm convinced most won't but some Chinese kid who wants to collect gems on his phone with his school mates will.

*This community is small, if this app is a success then it has to go far beyond this community so by default I can't be hyping this app to this community. A short term price rise holds no,interest for me, I want this app showing 50million user at least, then the price won't be artificial it will be supply and demand nothing more.....basically I don't care what the bitcoin community thinks, but I do think you are the natural group to hear news first. You have that advantage....
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:10:11 PM

Well, if we are truly entering a new bull market for crypto, I guess it doesn't hurt to sign up to receive free things that could be worth more later on. Irrational or not, the coins get pumped.

For example, when Ripple first launched I remember getting 50,000+ free XRP in a giveaway. I sold it right away, but if I just forgot about it, that's about $500 dollars today.

So, I will take a look at Gems even though it looks like a scam.  Cheesy

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:17:51 PM

No one needs to buy the coin....If it gets a million plus users how is that hype? Change your frame of reference something new is contained here. Gemz is a token, it's nessecary for the wheels to,turn in the app, it's a micro economy of you want to describe it more correctly.

The app will I believe put a Bitcoin wallet into the hands of millions of people I believe in the next couple of years....

So how many Bitcoin users are there really now? A few million, we'll triple that and add a zero, this is main stream adoption strategy.

I like the concept. But, is it mandatory to have the wallet on mobile ? I mean, I cant access it from PC ?

And what is the Github location where the source code is hosted ?

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:18:15 PM

Well, if we are truly entering a new bull market for crypto, I guess it doesn't hurt to sign up to receive free things that could be worth more later on. Irrational or not, the coins get pumped.

For example, when Ripple first launched I remember getting 50,000+ free XRP in a giveaway. I sold it right away, but if I just forgot about it, that's about $500 dollars today.

So, I will take a look at Gems even though it looks like a scam.  Cheesy

Calling it a scam is like saying Bitcoin is a scam.....which is why I can guarantee you couldn't ever be an early adopter......given ripple for logging onto  a popular forum when abitcoin was a household name is not early adoption....

If you were smart and impartial you wouldn't call something you never used a scam. A sensible balanced person would download the app, play around with it for a few minutes, hours air days and say if they like the idea or if they think it will go viral. Scam is for scammers, cryto is not a scam....
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:21:40 PM

I like the concept. But, is it mandatory to have the wallet on mobile ? I mean, I cant access it from PC ?

The skeleton of the chat app is Tegram based which is downloadable I think, it's open source, that's the point and has tripled its members in the last few months I heard. Basically the app poaches Telgram users, so gems users can still connect exactly the same way to their Telgram friends.

There is plans for a PC wallet, gems is counterparty wallet based as well. So you store Gemz there, the wallet serves like a real wallet should, small amounts only.....but safe.

Once you use it for a day you will get the viral potential...inviting to earn sets this app up for rapid viral action. The Getgems Twitter following has been getting around 40 new followers daily, so most are likely new users, it's a snowball at the top of the hill Starting to roll now I believe...
olloman

Activity: 433

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:26:17 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 05:36:48 PM by olloman

@nextgencoin how does it work exactly? do you get gems just by using the app even without referring people/getting interests on gems you already have? is there an exchange with a gems/btc market?

if it is just with referrals/interests without an open market I'm sorry but it kinda smells like ponzi/pyramid scheme :/
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:30:22 PM

useless, I will not use it just because OP is blindly propagating this in every focking posts, creating new threads about it and it become annoying, at least for me. for others, I recommend to check OP's lasts posts..

even concept is pretty stupid, generally, once you are paid for usage of service, which is free (generally), you simply become a product of somebody..I had already 4 messengers in phone (whatsapp, viber, hangouts and facebook messenger) to communicate with all my friends and I really don't want/need another one. you are trying to reach market, which is obviously mega competition based and full. try something new and different..

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:32:54 PM

The skeleton of the chat app is Tegram based which is downloadable I think, it's open source, that's the point and has tripled its members in the last few months I heard. Basically the app poaches Telgram users, so gems users can still connect exactly the same way to their Telgram friends.

There is plans for a PC wallet, gems is counterparty wallet based as well. So you store Gemz there, the wallet serves like a real wallet should, small amounts only.....but safe.

Once you use it for a day you will get the viral potential...inviting to earn sets this app up for rapid viral action. The Getgems Twitter following has been getting around 40 new followers daily, so most are likely new users, it's a snowball at the top of the hill Starting to roll now I believe...

Will I get the mobile app advantages by using counterparty wallet on laptop ?

Moreover, the source code must be hosted somewhere. Otherwise, how will people verify what is going on ?

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:36:29 PM

@nextgencoin how does it work exactly? do you get gems just by using the app even without referring people or just with the referrals?

if it is just with referrals I'm sorry but it kinda smells like ponzi/pyramid scheme :/

Read up my friend....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.0

To be clear, I'm just a passionate user and investor, I have not affiliation with the leadership who are a professional start up.

All I have talked about is why I think it's going to go viral....

The real genius I haven't even mentioned and hasn't been implemented YET. basically it's an attention based model, basically to put it simply advertisers will be able to connect to users by giving users gems. So basically you cut the middle man out of FB and other social apps, advertisers pay you for watching their ads, which you choose to see or not. Based solely on your personal interests, like check list say.

Plus the big way to earn is the airdrop, coins will be shared out among users daily, soon to start. Plus the more you own and the more you use the app the more you are rewarded.

Please don't anyone call this a Ponzi scheme, that's what all attackers of abitcoin call it. IF this app has a working economy of millions of users then it's a closed micro economy earning money from advertising, nothing Ponzi about it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: