Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:55:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a mini ICE AGE on the way? Scientists warn the sun will 'go to sleep'  (Read 1433 times)
rio3232 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:05:25 PM

"The Earth could be headed for a 'mini ice age' researchers have warned.

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over."

...........Read More.............

So what happened to Global Warming going to kill us off? Yes there is climate change, some man made but the rest.
abasin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:06:39 PM

Let me see...what contributes more to our climate, a light bulb or a ball of fire 350,000 times the size of the Earth? This is a tough one.
Harriss

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:10:15 PM

I guess we better get out there and start buying bigger SUVs and burning more fossil fuel to stave off the global cooling disaster, then.

See, this is why the environment  wackos dumped calling the problem "global warming" and changed it to "climate change". That way, whatever happens they can say they need to take all our money and spend it on one or another boondoggles to save us all from a FIERY / FREEZING DEATH.

That and the fact there hasn't been any "global warming" in 18 years.
xemra

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:11:10 PM

Let me see...what contributes more to our climate, a light bulb or a ball of fire 350,000 times the size of the Earth? This is a tough one.

hmmm, is the light bulb standard, or a lower voltage LED? lol
Ilirix

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:12:21 PM

Don't worry. I'll save us. I drive almost 50k miles/year and set my thermostat nice and low in the Summer. I also have a stockpile of incandescent bulbs.
peterson33

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:14:30 PM

In 15-25 years scientists predict a cycle that's been seen before (Maunder minimum) will kick in throwing us into a mini ice age.
I would say the globe needs all the warming we can get.
tiffany8

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:15:33 PM

Don't worry. I'll save us. I drive almost 50k miles/year and set my thermostat nice and low in the Summer. I also have a stockpile of incandescent bulbs.

I also found some incandescent light bulbs on the shelves that the green police over looked and I now have a stockpile on incandescent bulbs.

Well. I'm going to log off now and take a 20 minute shower. It's starting getting pretty ripe in the liberal neighborhoods in California. Progressives, liberals seem not to be showering every day. Even Governor "Moonbeam" Jerry Brown brags about not taking showers.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:15:39 PM

Isn't the daily mail a tabloid like the enquirer?  I think these news places have good stories for fun, but for actual news I would to pay too much attention to it.  Fun story though!
morin

Activity: 65

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:17:03 PM

I also found some incandescent light bulbs on the shelves that the green police over looked and I now have a stockpile on incandescent bulbs.

Well. I'm going to log off now and take a 20 minute shower. It's starting getting pretty ripe in the liberal neighborhoods in California. Progressives, liberals seem not to be showering every day. Even Governor "Moonbeam" Jerry Brown brags about not taking showers.

Not taking showers, no air conditioning, brown lawns turning to dust. An envirowacko dream is California.

They CAN let water out of the reservoirs to "save" a minnow and to try to get salmon running in certain rivers again, so no showers and farms degrading into dust in the Central Valley is a good thing.

Interesting that 10,000 years of human advancement that allows us to stay cool in the hot summer and take a shower indoors whenever we want is considered to be a bad thing by the envirowackos.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
Juliozz

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:18:04 PM

"The Earth could be headed for a 'mini ice age' researchers have warned.

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over."

...........Read More.............

So what happened to Global Warming going to kill us off? Yes there is climate change, some man made but the rest.

I'm sure humans will somehow be blamed for it even so. It's part of the agenda.
Valonib

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:19:58 PM

I'm sure humans will somehow be blamed for it even so. It's part of the agenda.

And you wonder why sane people marvel at your paranoia? No, human activities do not influence sunspot cycles. The "agenda" is to figure out what's happening, and find the best-fit explanation for a large body of observations. And make predictions based on that explanation, which leads to more observations and refining of the explanation. If this model of the sun's dynamics is as accurate as it seems, the "agenda" will be to improve the model if possible, to make predictions about the sun we might observe, and to keep researching it.

HOWEVER, if it should happen that this model is highly predictive, AND that we're looking at a very cold spell in 15 years or so, then the question will arise as to what actions we should take for our own good. And THEN we will once again see the conservative agenda of doing nothing and blaming everyone else. The evil "coolists" are trying to take our jobs away! Wahhhh!
rajaaziz

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:21:06 PM

It is all those solar panels sucking up the photons that don't beer pong around the planets and back into the sun.
godlyitems

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:22:18 PM

And you wonder why sane people marvel at your paranoia? No, human activities do not influence sunspot cycles. The "agenda" is to figure out what's happening, and find the best-fit explanation for a large body of observations. And make predictions based on that explanation, which leads to more observations and refining of the explanation. If this model of the sun's dynamics is as accurate as it seems, the "agenda" will be to improve the model if possible, to make predictions about the sun we might observe, and to keep researching it.

HOWEVER, if it should happen that this model is highly predictive, AND that we're looking at a very cold spell in 15 years or so, then the question will arise as to what actions we should take for our own good. And THEN we will once again see the conservative agenda of doing nothing and blaming everyone else. The evil "coolists" are trying to take our jobs away! Wahhhh!

But there is one bright spot. Now it will take some time for those leftists with a vested interest in claiming that "We are all gonna die!" due to world wide global warming but eventually they will have to climb on board with the new information pointing at over all global cooling. At that point it will then be "We are all gonna die!" because of global cooling, but at least at that point they will all be on the same page at last. What a relief!
Valonib

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:30:41 PM

But there is one bright spot. Now it will take some time for those leftists with a vested interest in claiming that "We are all gonna die!" due to world wide global warming but eventually they will have to climb on board with the new information pointing at over all global cooling. At that point it will then be "We are all gonna die!" because of global cooling, but at least at that point they will all be on the same page at last. What a relief!

Somehow I doubt that anyone has a "vested interest" in everybody dying. But if warmth is followed by cooling, I can see that doing nothing about warming might make doing nothing about cooling a little more reasonable.
fungfung

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:32:34 PM

Let's see...hmmmmm...are these the same bunch of prognosticators from back in '08 who said that New York City was supposed to be under water by June 2015?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2015/06/12/flashback-abcs-08-prediction-nyc-under-water-climate-change-june
Namviet

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:34:10 PM

It amuses me how the sheeple are so quick to jump on the Government bandwagon. Naturally, most of them have no science background or a college degree in any field of science. We have and will be in a pre-glacial phase of the climate for many many more years. That is a scientific hypothesis bases on historical information gleaned from past history of the Climate Cycle. Also, a huge number of noted Scientists and Organizations that study the Climate have already determined we are still in a cooling phase and this will continue at least for the next decade. As historical data shows, the earth goes through cooling and warming periods, all of the time. Mostly due to volcanic activity, earthquake activity, solar flare activity as proven from the data we have prior to human use of carbon/fossil fuels. While our use of carbon/fossil fuels may be having some very minimal effect on the climate, most non-government paid studies and research indicate that our actions are only a very small percentage of what may cause changes in the climate and even if we stop all use of carbon based/fossil fuels it would have an extremely minimal effect in changing the climate if it does at all. 99% of the studies that the Federal Government sites are paid for by the Federal government/grants by the Federal government. I think studies and research findings by individually funded studies and research may be more truthful or at least no less truthful.

The fact is that at this time we are experiencing changes in the Climate around the World, whether the climate is shifting, warming, cooling has yet to be PROVEN scientifically. To date all results of these studies and research papers are only hypothesis. We need to react to what is happening, for instance, stop building so close to coastal areas, stop rebuilding in areas known to be plagued by tornadoes, stop building in areas located near fault lines and where earthquakes are common. In other words get smart and start reacting to the changing climate instead of attempting to change it(something we are not prepared to do and really don't know how to do).
Congtyn

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:35:12 PM

So you guys believe scientists now?
godlyitems

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:36:51 PM

Let's see...hmmmmm...are these the same bunch of prognosticators from back in '08 who said that New York City was supposed to be under water by June 2015?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2015/06/12/flashback-abcs-08-prediction-nyc-under-water-climate-change-june

I recall how many leftist loons after Hurricane Sandy struck the east coast SHRIEKED that a random hurricane was proof not only of global warming but that the east coast was soon going to be under water. Many of them seemed disappointed when the reality did not immediately follow on the heels of their prediction. Alas NYC and other east coast localities remain above the water line. What's a BELIEVER -- and therefore frequently disappointed -- leftest to do?
godlyitems

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:38:16 PM

So you guys believe scientists now?

So now leftists . . . don't?
Congtyn

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:39:03 PM

So now leftists . . . don't?

Didn't say I didn't believe it, just found it humorous how righties are using scientists opinions now. Thought they were a universal government tool to make stuff up. Glad to see you guys paying attention to them now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: