Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Say Goodbye to Greece...  (Read 4375 times)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:11:11 PM

The more countries collapse, the more people understand the  reason behind it. FIAT CURRENCY. The more people understand it, the more people find out ways to find an alternative. We already have an alternative. A decentralized crypto coin called BITCOIN. All they need is to understand bitcoin and use it according to their own terms. Once they adopt it, they'd possibly be a part of the happy ending, if there is any ending.

I guess time will tell. With Cyprus its population was 1 million people, with Greece it has 10 million people. Who's next? Portugal? Thats another 10 million.

Portugal already was, we have harsh austerity measures for the last 3 years or so.

Be the way, current economic problems in EU countries have nothing to do with currency, it's about corruption and incompetence in the management of funds, and poor economic policies, Euro is a pretty strong currency.

tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:50:06 PM

The more countries collapse, the more people understand the  reason behind it. FIAT CURRENCY. The more people understand it, the more people find out ways to find an alternative. We already have an alternative. A decentralized crypto coin called BITCOIN. All they need is to understand bitcoin and use it according to their own terms. Once they adopt it, they'd possibly be a part of the happy ending, if there is any ending.

I guess time will tell. With Cyprus its population was 1 million people, with Greece it has 10 million people. Who's next? Portugal? Thats another 10 million.

Portugal already was, we have harsh austerity measures for the last 3 years or so.

Be the way, current economic problems in EU countries have nothing to do with currency, it's about corruption and incompetence in the management of funds, and poor economic policies, Euro is a pretty strong currency.

Sure economic management & corruption plays a part, as does the need for structural reforms. But, strong economies like germany have the same currency as weaker euro countries, which directly effects competitiveness. and anytime a member runs into financial trouble they cannot cheapen the currency to improve competitiveness against other countries.
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:25:01 PM

Portugal already was what? They haven't undergone capital controls recently have they?
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:17:58 PM

Agreement was for further bailout negotiations,it will passGreece parlament propably with oposition support

Now IMF report has been revailed that Greece debt with next bailout will  rise over 200% his GDP
Without debt reduction it will be not possible to pay and Greece will enter in agony
Eurogroup  knew about that report,thay were not agree for debt reductions
Now IMF will not give even penny without Greece debt reduction

It is nothing over,becouse Greece needs now about 20bln Euro in bridge loans to pay his debt now,to IMF and

EBC,today there was all day talk where to find that funds,result was fiasco,Eurogroup has even idea to ask for that all 28 EU nations,there is strong resictence for that

Generally plan is simple,Robber Greece,from that Greece 50 bln property funds,land let Greece die

But European citzensarewatching that and not all off them is blind

So what next,word Eurogeddon can be most popular hashtalk on twitter

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:22:53 PM

Ohooo, good point.  Cool
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:26:09 PM

Euro is a pretty strong currency.

strong ?

-19% in 1 year ... against the USD.

Roll Eyes
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:29:32 PM

Portugal already was what? They haven't undergone capital controls recently have they?

I meant we were 'next' 3 years ago, I hope the kind of scenario that requires capital controls was already avoided.

The more countries collapse, the more people understand the  reason behind it. FIAT CURRENCY. The more people understand it, the more people find out ways to find an alternative. We already have an alternative. A decentralized crypto coin called BITCOIN. All they need is to understand bitcoin and use it according to their own terms. Once they adopt it, they'd possibly be a part of the happy ending, if there is any ending.

Sure economic management & corruption plays a part, as does the need for structural reforms. But, strong economies like germany have the same currency as weaker euro countries, which directly effects competitiveness. and anytime a member runs into financial trouble they cannot cheapen the currency to improve competitiveness against other countries.

That's true and a very good point, but a EU country cannot do that with its currency the same way Texas cannot do that inside the USA.

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:51:57 PM

There is a lot more connection and much less competition between states than their is between the sovereign nations of europe...

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:31:21 PM

What sort of measures? Would be nice to know what to prepare for when this shit eventually comes my way.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:00:07 PM

There is a lot more connection and much less competition between states than their is between the sovereign nations of europe...

How can you call any Euro nation Sovereign when they get their orders from and pay taxed to the EU in Brussels?
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:41:25 PM

How can you call any Euro nation Sovereign when they get their orders from and pay taxed to the EU in Brussels?
Correct. In my country there are thousands of new laws made every year, and only half of them by us. And what we are allowed to decide for ourselves, in our own country, falls within the limits of whatever the EU says. We have no sovereignty. I suspect it is the same in all member countries.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Pab
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:23:01 PM

Correct. In my country there are thousands of new laws made every year, and only half of them by us. And what we are allowed to decide for ourselves, in our own country, falls within the limits of whatever the EU says. We have no sovereignty. I suspect it is the same in all member countries.

Agree,i am from EU country what is not in EuroZone,amount of EU legislation ,rules is incredible and very much idiotic,Euro is political project for Europe federalisation,Federalisation under Germany or any other
federalisation will not works,to much diffrences between countries and nations

About Greece,by my opinion behind all that is that crazy huge derrivative market,virtual pyramid

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:31:34 PM

That was kind of the point I was trying to make... the Euro is not working in countries like greece because of the nationalistic attitude of the parties involved....   in one single country you can have greater give and take between states because it is one nation.....
Competition between the nation's of Europe won't allow for this kind of social contract past what is good for the main contributes.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:34:30 PM

same shit, in our country they come up each month with a new bullshit tax(especially theso for holding more than one house ecc..), just to milk more money, or to delay the retirement money, for those that are waiting, the current situation is awful

what you expect from centralized countries in a centralized big system? 100% bad things
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:26:18 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 05:02:09 PM by pedrog

The more countries collapse, the more people understand the  reason behind it. FIAT CURRENCY. The more people understand it, the more people find out ways to find an alternative. We already have an alternative. A decentralized crypto coin called BITCOIN. All they need is to understand bitcoin and use it according to their own terms. Once they adopt it, they'd possibly be a part of the happy ending, if there is any ending.

What sort of measures? Would be nice to know what to prepare for when this shit eventually comes my way.

I'm a bit bias the way I put this. Smiley

Destruction of public services like education and health care by restructuring them to save money, less scholarships for university students, like a LOT less, increase in university fees, and health care fees.

Increase in taxes, all of them, new taxes, 'confiscation' of the 14º month salary for 3 years I believe.

Social security takes a big hit, pensioners with already very low pensions see them frozen or even lowered.

Consequences of this policy, a lot of people emigrated, like a lot, specially young and with high education people, and this is starting to be a problem, because less working people, less taxes, now they're starting to talk about this and something is being done to attract this people back.

I still do not thing this is the best way to go, I did not agree with this, I didn't even voted for the people who decide this, but, at least in my end, life continues as it always was, if I didn't watch a bit of television, or read news online, I probably couldn't tell there was a 'crisis'...

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:02:42 PM

And the "funny" part is, most if not all of the crucial economic laws are always coming from somewhere else that isn't your actual country. There's always a bigger hand dealing those. In your country you may decide trivial things, but the that fundamentals that decide the fate of a country, those decisions are taking elsewhere. Thats why im never been motivated to vote to a political party. What's the point? so we can choose gay marriage rights or how to paint the walls on your town hall? what a waste of time.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:07:44 PM

There are enough troubles with "intra-nation" differences.  EU being "inter-nation" it's just silly bolting them all to the same policies.  I said this before the EUR currency was launched.  Eg.  If UK is primarily a Services industry and say, Germany is primarily a Manufacturing industry, they both need to be able to adjust things themselves to suit that environment.  Saying one size fits all is just doomed to failure.  Honestly I'm surprised it lasted this long.

BTC over the last 5 years has beaten FIAT inflation (taking a longer time frame to ignore the bubbles).  Can't say that for any currency since they are the inflation itself.

Over simplistic I know, but you get the drift.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:33:53 PM

hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:48:14 PM

Greece leaving the euro is inevitable.  The latest move is simply more can kicking.

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2015/07/greece-death-spiral-ahead-000152

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Pab
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:20:50 AM

Eurozone is like USSR,whan you are in you cant go away,there is not procedure for that

Now will be few weeks of negotiations about bailout,Tsipras  told in Greece parlament that he has promise of debt reduction,but Geramany is against that if if IMF and Mario Draghi arecalling for that

Link below,maybe funny and impossible,but for EU really the best.Gerxt Germany away  Euro

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-07-17/germany-not-greece-should-exit-the-euro

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print