Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:38:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is at a turning point, evolving much more quickly than some observers re  (Read 1743 times)
LakeBTC (OP)

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 02:47:19 AM

How Future Bitcoin Can Prevent a Future Greece?

Bitcoin, the volatile digital currency, cannot help the Greeks of today. But it could mean a great deal to those caught up in currency crises to come.

For the average Greek, getting one’s hands on bitcoin requires buying it with euros—the last thing any sane Greek would give up. That’s why the bitcoin of today has no bearing on what could easily become a humanitarian crisis.

But Bitcoin is at an inflection point, and it’s evolving much more quickly than all but its most dedicated observers realize. Whatever happens to bitcoin itself, the technology underlying it opens up previously unimagined possibilities for the future of just about anything humans exchange.

[...]

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-future-bitcoin-can-prevent-a-future-greece-1436744064

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 06:49:39 AM

Lake, this article can't be read unless someone has a subscription to WSJ. Would be better if you could copy the text into the post.

I agree that there's been a lot of positive news lately, likely the driver behind the quick price run up too! It's an exciting time to be involved and watching and aware of what's going on. Let's up the future continues to provide steady but safe and sound growth (e.g., the Fork, etc.)

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 06:52:42 AM

I am very interested to see how the bitcoin market pans out in this situation. This will indicate a lot about the resilience of the bitcoin market in terms of handling market crash.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:17:17 AM

Bitcoin, the volatile digital currency, cannot help the Greeks of today. But it could mean a great deal to those caught up in currency crises to come.

For the average Greek, getting one’s hands on bitcoin requires buying it with euros—the last thing any sane Greek would give up. That’s why the bitcoin of today has no bearing on what could easily become a humanitarian crisis.

But Bitcoin is at an inflection point, and it’s evolving much more quickly than all but its most dedicated observers realize. Whatever happens to bitcoin itself, the technology underlying it opens up previously unimagined possibilities for the future of just about anything humans exchange.

[...]

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-future-bitcoin-can-prevent-a-future-greece-1436744064

Bitcoin cannot stop fractional reserve or the way the banks work.
And if Bitcoin continues at a steady pace to be more and more adopted, then it is only a matter of time that banks join in and find ways to exploit it.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:46:16 PM

Lake, this article can't be read unless someone has a subscription to WSJ. Would be better if you could copy the text into the post.

Google the headline and there's usually a way in without coughing up.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:49:41 PM

Maybe Bitcoin will be worth $1000 in the future...I hope so  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:00:14 PM

Maybe Bitcoin will be worth $1000 in the future...I hope so  Roll Eyes

I'm sure Bitcoin will be worth more than $1000 if we give it time. the price have reached $1200 before, so it's not wrong to expect more in the following years.

heck if bitcoin keep getting more positive news like this, maybe we can expect it this year.  Cool
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:59:32 PM

Maybe Bitcoin will be worth $1000 in the future...I hope so  Roll Eyes

I'm sure Bitcoin will be worth more than $1000 if we give it time. the price have reached $1200 before, so it's not wrong to expect more in the following years.

heck if bitcoin keep getting more positive news like this, maybe we can expect it this year.  Cool

I'm more then sure that bitcoin will become something more then a price to reach, has adoption becomes bigger and some countries economies become disrupted by their debts the people will be able to keep their freedom from fail economies just by using bitcoin.

Amph
Legendary

Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:12:22 PM

it seems that all the good news about bitcoin are not doing justice to its market price, it's like bitcoin is waiting that its fuse is turned on

it also look like all the good recent fact, about bitcoin, are doing only good in not letting the price going down, besides the last mini pump...

i only hope that the progress will not be so slow, time frame is important..
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:29:09 PM

The turning point is here!  Greece is saved!  Now the Greeks can use their debit cards to access their accounts 24-7

Their Bitcoin accounts that is.  Bitcoin never has a bank holiday.  The blockchain never closes, unlike your current bank/plastic card.  The next time you are in Greece, this is what you will see:

Bitcoin now accepted everywhere like Mastercard. 
And with this evolution, millions of new merchants now accept bitcoin

just click on the card

The Bitcoin Nanocard looks awesome!  Cool

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:36:39 PM

It's not awesome....

Well, considering the fact that it is a Bitcoin Debit Card, I think that makes it awesome, I dunno

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:47:33 PM

There are obviously pros and cons to bitcoin and the volatility is a major and risky issue to most, but the key to the success of it lies in adoption. If an entire country or industry adopted it whether out of desperation or voluntarily I think that would have a significant impact on the price. If people and businesses kept getting involved with bitcoin at a steady rate I think the currency would only continue to rise and that's what we need rather than a currency that loses value over time.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:09:08 PM

NOW it can help the greeks.. but will they be smart enough to move wealth into or keep it in their doomed to fail banks.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:16:59 PM

NOW it can help the greeks.. but will they be smart enough to move wealth into or keep it in their doomed to fail banks.

Nobody can feel sorry for those who had a choice.

If the Greeks want to donate money to their troubled banks, then fine, go ahead and let them.

I choose BitcoinDebitCards over ______________(fill in the blank with the name of your favorite bank)__________ debit cards

I choose BitcoinDebitCards over ______________USAA__________ debit cards. I will be switching to BTC cards soon. All my mining earnings will be used to fund the debit card.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:21:41 PM

I choose BitcoinDebitCards over ______________USAA__________ debit cards. I will be switching to BTC cards soon. All my mining earnings will be used to fund the debit card.

You greedy bastard!  Where's the generosity and charity gift economy that all you blockchain lovers were supposedly born with?  There's absolutely no Greek in you.

Lol..Just joking...I'm still going to use my bank debit card but I will get a BTC card as well.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 03:28:00 PM

that will never happen!             ......oh wait....it did happen  Lips sealed

Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:57:44 PM

that will never happen!             ......oh wait....it did happen  Lips sealed

But the question is it going to happen again and if so when? Bitcoin seems to be a common value people want ti to go back to and I admit it would be nice. I don't think we've got enough demand/adoption currently but hopefully we'll get there eventually. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for it.
scarsbergholden

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:03:20 PM

to see that 1,000 usd Most likely if one of worlds billionaires would like to put some of their richness on bitcoin it could strike a panic buy pump if it does happen at some point and they are public about it. 

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:33:40 PM

There are thousands of millionaires in the world.  At some point they will dip there toe in bitcoin and open a small position.  Even if they bought just 10 coins the price will explode.  It's probably already started really...
newb4now

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:57:36 PM

[...]

Most press has been negative about bitcoin. It is nice to see a well written article that is well balanced and talks about what Bitcoin can offer
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: