Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GBT Protocol - ASIC] - BitArena.net - Mining Pool - Prop - 0% Fees.  (Read 13793 times)
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 02:06:08 AM

Btw from your description it looks like you tried to invent a wheel, but you actualy invented square.

Greee (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 02:17:10 AM

Btw from your description it looks like you tried to invent a wheel, but you actualy invented square.

Thank you for this opinion , i'm still working on this idea and i`m very close to finish it , hopefully to make it right.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:24:52 AM

grabs popcorn

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 02:26:51 AM

grabs popcorn

Smiley)) Thanks for the support.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 02:59:58 AM

Well this is your opinion , i wish and i`m sure that it cant be exploited , it will have at the base miner speed calculated every 10 minutes.

Anyway there are some theory its a little more complicated i`l present the full formula after i`l implement it and its extra hopping prof.

How confident are you? Are you willing to pay btc if someone can find a way to hop your method and report it to you? Let me know and I'll start warming my keyboard.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 03:05:26 AM

Well this is your opinion , i wish and i`m sure that it cant be exploited , it will have at the base miner speed calculated every 10 minutes.

Anyway there are some theory its a little more complicated i`l present the full formula after i`l implement it and its extra hopping prof.

How confident are you? Are you willing to pay btc if someone can find a way to hop your method and report it to you? Let me know and I'll start warming my keyboard.

Smiley Your est reward will drop down seriously if u disconnect from pool , i`l let u know when u can start.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 03:17:01 AM

Smiley Your est reward will drop down seriously if u disconnect from pool , i`l let u know when u can start.

I don't mine. I don't need to mine in order to find a way to exploit a reward method. I'm asking if you're willing to pay me to find out if your reward method is exploitable and report any exploits I find. I'm also asking you to offer sum of btc payable if I do find an exploit.

How much you offer me to do this will be a indication of how confident you are in your reward method, and how confident full time miners should be that they are being paid fairly.

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 03:26:21 AM

I don't mine. I don't need to mine in order to find a way to exploit a reward method. I'm asking if you're willing to pay me to find out if your reward method is exploitable and report any exploits I find. I'm also asking you to offer sum of btc payable if I do find an exploit.

How much you offer me to do this will be a indication of how confident you are in your reward method, and how confident full time miners should be that they are being paid fairly.

I`m confident because all simulations go well , it`s use same logic as slush`s pool but with other formula , we will see it in action in a few hours and yes full time miners will be paid 101% fairly.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 03:31:37 AM

I`m confident because all simulations go well , it`s use same logic as slush`s pool but with other formula , we will see it in action in a few hours and yes full time miners will be paid 101% fairly.

So that's a "No", then? You're confident enough to go online with your reward method but not confident enough to see if someone can break it?

Full time miners please take note.

edit: because I misplaced the damn quotes!

edit2: You do know slush's reward method is exploitable, and he wants to change to a non-exploitable reward method? You know this, right?

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 03:33:07 AM

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 04:07:12 AM

So that's a "No", then? You're confident enough to go online with your reward method but not confident enough to see if someone can break it?

Full time miners please take note.

edit: because I misplaced the damn quotes!

edit2: You do know slush's reward method is exploitable, and he wants to change to a non-exploitable reward method? You know this, right?

Are you argue with me?

We or i`m not a 12 years old kid, i like to create/build not to debate something... So please calm down , i`m confident that will be non-exploitable u need 100% answer?

Miners , answer only for "organofcorti": YES will be non-exploitable.

Please again let the miners decide that after will be live.

Thank you.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 04:14:14 AM

What a waste of effort...

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 04:25:37 AM

Are you argue with me?

We or i`m not a 12 years old kid, i like to create/build not to debate something... So please calm down , i`m confident that will be non-exploitable u need 100% answer?

Thank you.

Greee, this is not about arguments. It's about providing a reward method that is provably fair. Being able to prove a reward method is fair is not a matter of opinion.

In order to show miners that your reward method is fair you need to be able to prove it, not just present it as fait accompli.

edit: I can always get pool hoppers to pay for a method to exploit  your reward method. Just sayin'.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:49:26 AM

sup.

oh, disconnect = massive reward drop? psh, that's easy.

Also, imagine if you have connection issues, that's gonna be fun.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:16:28 AM

sup.

oh, disconnect = massive reward drop? psh, that's easy.
... and people were wondering what to do with the FPGAs once ASIC comes around Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:58:39 AM

Are you argue with me?

Thank you.

Hate to argue with you but, miners could just connect right when it records your hashrate, then disconnect after its recorded. Then reconnect 10 minutes later, then disconnect... etc etc. Full payout while only mining say 1 minute every 10.

Well actually, that depends on if your using the average hashrate over the last 10 minutes, or if you are using instantaneous hashrate.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 03:39:42 PM

Are you argue with me?

Thank you.

Hate to argue with you but, miners could just connect right when it records your hashrate, then disconnect after its recorded. Then reconnect 10 minutes later, then disconnect... etc etc. Full payout while only mining say 1 minute every 10.

Well actually, that depends on if your using the average hashrate over the last 10 minutes, or if you are using instantaneous hashrate.

Not only that, but the fact is on very short rounds, the full time miners will not get 'their' full reward because other big miners will jump in and take a larger slice!!!

if you want hop-unfriendly .....use DGM
* jjiimm_64  goes back to popcorn

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:09:14 PM

We have created a hooping proof formula, feel free to test it.

I will explain it in a few moments Smiley
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:25:25 PM

We have created a hooping proof formula, feel free to test it.

I will explain it in a few moments Smiley

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.bitarena.net

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:29:33 PM

... weird pm your ip to check some routes...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: