Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GBT Protocol - ASIC] - BitArena.net - Mining Pool - Prop - 0% Fees.  (Read 13793 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:31:50 PM

Umm, what happened to the round shares?  They are at 0 and you don't have any solved blocks.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Greee (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:36:36 PM

We have created this new hooping-proof formula so all non-active miners loses their shares.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:38:16 PM

... weird pm your ip to check some routes...

I had bitarena blocked at my router  Smiley

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:39:28 PM

We have created this new hooping-proof formula so all non-active miners loses their shares.

!!!  this is unacceptable, you will not get anybody to mine at your pool if you 'take' their shares.  what if my miners crash? i lose my shares?

I am sure i had more then 600 shares.
Average speed: 0 MHash/s
Est. reward this round: 0 BTC
Round shares: 646
Total Balance: 0 BTC

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:39:59 PM

... weird pm your ip to check some routes...

I had bitarena blocked at my router  Smiley

Smiley))) no way
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:42:48 PM

We have created a hooping proof formula, feel free to test it.

I will explain it in a few moments Smiley

what you have created is a 'mining proof' pool.   taking shares?

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:43:05 PM

!!!  this is unacceptable, you will not get anybody to mine at your pool if you 'take' their shares.  what if my miners crash? i lose my shares?

let me write the formula so you can understand it, then i`l gladly accept your feedback to modify or fix some bugs
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:43:46 PM

So you want people to mine on your pool by stealing their hashing power?  Good luck with that.  Your pool is 100% fail from the start.

Theft of resources is unacceptable under any circumstance.  Anyone mining on this pool will know that at any time you, the operator, will take their shares and BTC at will.  You are basically admitting to being a thief now.

You, Greee, have now admitted to stealing 43% of the shares submitted to your pool. (Well, you've actually stolen 100% of the shares, but we won't quibble)

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:49:25 PM

So you want people to mine on your pool by stealing their hashing power?  Good luck with that.  Your pool is 100% fail from the start.

Theft of resources is unacceptable under any circumstance.  Anyone mining on this pool will know that at any time you, the operator, will take their shares and BTC at will.  You are basically admitting to being a thief now.

You, Greee, have now admitted to stealing 43% of the shares submitted to your pool. (Well, you've actually stolen 100% of the shares, but we won't quibble)

Anaba,  didn't you submit like 1.3 million shares?

<jimbit> ;;calc 1300000*.00001600
<gribble> 20.8

edit:
Greee, please dont take that as we are 'picking on you'.  My motives for saying all these things is to help you not get into trouble later and maybe save you some time/headache.
Why didn't you take everyones advice and use DGM or some other hopper unfriendly method.  (dgm can still be hopped, but not as lucratively)

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:51:07 PM

Gree, you can't just go and reset the stats system mid-round. You need to pay Inaba for those shares.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:54:21 PM

Yep, something like that, and the difficulty was lower then, too... so I'm not sure what the PPS rate was, but I could look it up.

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:54:25 PM

Gree, you can't just go and reset the stats system mid-round. You need to pay Inaba for those shares.

Of course i`l restore his shares but he will lose them IF he don`t start mining.

So Inaba?
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:55:42 PM

I'm sorry, no, it doesn't work like that.  I mined on a prop pool, not a hop proof pool.  I told you from the start:

Yeah, that 43% is mine! All mine!  God help you if you try to change the payout method in the middle of a block.

Grats on the fact that you pool didn't just explode when I pointed my farm at you.  I am impressed with that at least.

You just did it.  You can not be trusted.  Plain and simple.  Basically, this shows that if you ever run into a problem of your own making, you will penalize the users, not suck it up yourself.  All the top pools have run into problems at some point or another, and you know what they all have in common:  The operators accepted responsibility for the mistake and did not pass it along to the users.  The ones that failed to do this are no longer around.

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:58:20 PM

I'm sorry, no, it doesn't work like that.  I mined on a prop pool, not a hop proof pool.  I told you from the start:

Yeah, that 43% is mine! All mine!  God help you if you try to change the payout method in the middle of a block.

Grats on the fact that you pool didn't just explode when I pointed my farm at you.  I am impressed with that at least.

You just did it.  You can not be trusted.  Plain and simple.

Ok Inaba you are a hooper so please shut up don`t make any drama. I writing right now the new formula so you can understand it , if you will mine i will gladly restore your shares.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 06:02:00 PM

You made the drama for yourself by stealing shares.  You were told not to run a prop pool from the start, but you went ahead and did it anyway because you thought you knew better.

Now, when you finally realize you have no idea what you're doing, you switch mid round and steal all the work because of a mistake YOU made, which people tried repeatedly to enlighten you about and you refused to listen.  That's two mistakes you made and you are trying to blame the users?  Really?

Good luck man, your pool will never succeed if you steal from your users like that. 

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 06:11:54 PM

You made the drama for yourself by stealing shares.  You were told not to run a prop pool from the start, but you went ahead and did it anyway because you thought you knew better.

Now, when you finally realize you have no idea what you're doing, you switch mid round and steal all the work because of a mistake YOU made, which people tried repeatedly to enlighten you about and you refused to listen.  That's two mistakes you made and you are trying to blame the users?  Really?

Good luck man, your pool will never succeed if you steal from your users like that. 

So if i run prop i cant make updates or hooping proof settings? I have to stay like this because i say so?

i`m not blaming users i`m blaming just you for all of this so get lost.

I was friendly with you some users have fairly told me what was your idea i was new on this and i start to learn so please let the drama and kissing asses beware of your pool and let me do my work.

its still PROP and will remain prop but with extra protection from hoopers.. like you.

Have a nice/lovely life Inaba.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 06:15:35 PM

No, you can not make changes in the middle of a round if you expect people to trust you.  You offered a pool with a set of parameters which I agreed to mine on.  If you want to change your parameters, you wait until AFTER the round is over.  You don't change it after I've already given you my hashes.

What's to stop you from doing that to others in the future?  Nothing, because you have no integrity.  You've demonstrated the fact that you can and will take away users shares for any reason you see fit and not pay them for it.   You have zero integrity at this point and you continue to compound your problem.  You will never have a successful pool with that sort of mind set.

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 06:21:02 PM

No, you can not make changes in the middle of a round if you expect people to trust you.  You offered a pool with a set of parameters which I agreed to mine on.  If you want to change your parameters, you wait until AFTER the round is over.  You don't change it after I've already given you my hashes.

What's to stop you from doing that to others in the future?  Nothing, because you have no integrity.  You've demonstrated the fact that you can and will take away users shares for any reason you see fit and not pay them for it.   You have zero integrity at this point and you continue to compound your problem.  You will never have a successful pool with that sort of mind set.

Please get lost Inaba. I have no fees and i have no reason to steel or something like that i just love this , i have money / servers i just love to work and create so please get lost with your ideas , i will protect full time miners not hoopers like you.

I will repeat myself i will GLADLY restore your shares if you will continue mining.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 06:22:41 PM

There is no way I am mining on a pool who's operator is an admitted thief, you have got to be kidding, right?

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:25:30 PM

Please respond to the following use case:

I mine at your pool with my 4 gig rig
my 4 gigs is 10% of pool
we mine for 4 days and I have about 100k shares and 10% of the pool shares
my hard drive crashes, rig is down.

what happens to all my work?

edit:  or better yet

I mine with all of my 54gig
i mine for 4 days and i am 50% of pool (jtfr 260 usd of electricity)
my internet goes offline for extended period of time

what happens to my work?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: