Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wanted: quality VPS (virtual private server) provider who takes bitcoin  (Read 1943 times)
Viceroy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:22:53 AM

I intend to run a custom bitcoin exchange and I need an internet service provider who can help and and will accept bitcoin as payment.  

The specs are as follows:

1) Able to deal with sensitive content on the VPS.
Our content will DEFINITELY offend some members of the public and the whole idea of running a bitcoin exchange *may* one day be illegal if producers of FIAT currencies get scared, though I am not aware of any laws preventing me from trading bitcoins with friends over the internet at this time.

2) Ubuntu 11.04 or better (Centos might be a good option) w/ root access
cname on your sever   mycname.yourdomainname.com
3 eMail accounts :   admin, admin_fee, customerservice
An SSL certificate
MySQL
2 CPU, 2 GB guaranteed memory (burstable 3 or 4GB)
100 GB disk space and > 1TB internet volume

Shoot me an offer to provide this service in bitcoins per month.
Would also like to purchase & renew one or more domain names with bitcoin.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:42:56 AM

look on torproject.org - they have a list of tor friendly providers, a free speech offshore provider might be what you are looking for
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:50:45 AM

Just curious. Why list dns and ssl? Am i to understand average vps customer does not know how to setup named and apache with ssl and static ip now days?
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:40:55 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 11:58:30 AM by Luceo

Hi Viceroy,

I'm founder and CEO of Fennec Internet Services, a major Bitcoin provider of VPS & dedicated servers. We don't accept fiat, we host in the UK where currently you'd be allowed to run an exchange (note: I'm not a lawyer but Intersango is run out of the UK, so this is assumption), and we have a very clear terms and conditions policy designed to protect legal free speech.

Whilst some of our competitors cut corners by using desktop-grade hardware, home fibre Internet or even shared IPs, all of our VPS's are hosted on Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron-based servers with RAID-1 or RAID-10 data redundancy in a top-tier datacenter with multiple gigabits of connectivity, diverse fibre entry points, n+1 cooling, n+1 UPS systems and 24/7 security guards. All VPS's come with a dedicated IP address, rDNS support and optional uptime insurance.

We can offer our FV3072 service for Ƀ5.00 per month. This would offer you:

2 Virtual CPU cores
3,072 MB RAM (we don't offer 'burstable RAM' because we don't oversell, you *always* have access to this amount)
100G storage space
1.5T traffic

If you order this for 3 months, you can get a free SSL certificate or a free domain name. If you only want to order for one month, an SSL certificate with domain verification is Ƀ1.50 per year.

We can offer Debian Squeeze x64, which is very similar to Ubuntu. Ubuntu itself has poor performance under virtualization in our experiences so we don't recommend it for taxing applications.

If you require support setting up a web or mail server, we can offer our VPS setup & management services. For just Ƀ4.00 we can set up a mail server as described, and an SSL-compliant nginx web server with php, MySQL and your SSL certificate enabled.

To guarantee your uptime, we offer an optional SLA backed by Bitcoin's most famous insurance provider, CPA. If the server which your VPS is hosted on suffers more than 10 minutes' un-planned downtime in a month (defined by being un-reachable by ping), you will receive a refund for an entire month's service. This costs +6% on your plan, which would be Ƀ0.30 per month. First month is free.

We offer domain registration with anonymity services (this is not GoDaddy privacy, this is registration without knowing your details, by signing up domains under a Malaysian company) by default from Ƀ2.50 per year (still uploading price list). Transfer fees are identical to yearly registration fees.

Total fees (3 months) - Ƀ19.60
3 months FV3072 - Ƀ15.00
SSL certificate - Included
Setup & management - Ƀ4.00
CPA Insurance - Ƀ0.60 (normally Ƀ0.90 but 1 month included)

Not sure why you want a cname on our domain, this is something we can discuss. If this is for IP forwarding purposes we can setup an A record for yourname.srv0.coventry.fennec.name, but you'd be better off using a free DNS provider like dns.he.net to set up DNS for your domain names.

If you have any questions, please PM me here or e-mail info@fennec.name.

el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:25:05 PM

Luceo, just out of curiosity: Is it okay to run a Tor exit node on your VPS?
Luceo

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:36:53 PM

Luceo, just out of curiosity: Is it okay to run a Tor exit node on your VPS?

Simple answer is no (§B. XX).

You are however welcome to run tor clients, tor bridges (a very necessary service) and tor relays.

If you want to run one on a dedicated server plan that could be negotiated as we could put the IP address in your name with RIPE and let you handle the torrent of abuse reports. Wink

el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:40:51 PM

I understand.
How does for example the German Chaos Computer Club address this problem? I don't think RIPE doesn't get complaints about their German IP's...
Luceo

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:45:04 PM

The complaints can be dealt with using cookie-cutter responses and a knowledge of tor, it's just very time consuming and not something we, or our datacenters, would be willing to take on.

Unfortunately, a lot of users choose to use the tor network in an abusive manner which means that tor exit nodes attract a lot of negative attention, from DDOS to abuse reports to banning the whole IP range from services.

aznjack31

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:17:13 PM

how many ips can i get from you guys?

54Gh/s bASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices
Pre-Order Yours Today!     
Only $1069.99 ! @ http://www.BitcoinASIC.com
Luceo

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:43:34 PM

By default you get one dedicated IP.

Additional IPs are Ƀ0.25 per month.

bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 11:51:27 PM

We at Bitronic Technologies could provide this service for 4.80BTC a month.

Check out our VPS offerings here: http://www.bitronictech.net/vps-hosting.php

We can make up a special package for you just open a support ticket, and we do have over 40 OS templates available upon request, however centOS is default due to it;s compatibility with various control panels.
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 02:09:02 AM

We have lowered the prices on our reliable vps, you could now buy one for less then 1.8BTC.

We have also lowered our prices across the board, make sure to check it out, we have some offers that are absolutely unbeatable.
YOKU

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Not All Clouds Are The Same

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:09:20 PM

You may want to take a look at http://www.yokucloud.com

Also have a post here with more details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119356.0

YOKU Cloud Hosting (www.yokuhosting.com)
Redundant Server Hosting In Our NYC Data Center
VPS Servers starting at only $20 - BTC,PayPal,CC Payments
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: