Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin won't ever take over your church  (Read 1372 times)
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:50:17 AM

But the Federal Reserve, and their enforcers at the IRS sure as hell will:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/23/more-than-1000-pastors-plan-to-challenge-irs-by-endorsing-presidential-candidate/

More than 1,000 pastors plan to challenge IRS by endorsing presidential candidate

Jesus punching a bankster

Moneychangers' new temple

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 08:36:12 PM

Wish churches were treated as what they were: for-profit psychic services that use fear mongering to sell shitty products, who use charities as fronts for their business.
Jermainé

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:51:37 PM

Wish churches were treated as what they were: for-profit psychic services that use fear mongering to sell shitty products, who use charities as fronts for their business.

+11
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 06:32:05 PM

Would anyone be interested in starting a "Church of Development". Where "god" is "the future", and we worship by making it better. Basically just a developmental coin charity that religiously works towards the future.

I am a certified minister and I will work to get non-profit status in my state, but here is the base for the organization, I already have 200 members:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213405.0

If anyone wants to get married or exercise demons, I can legally do the ceremony Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
wdmw

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:45:17 PM

That sounds like the Church of Scientology.  However, having this opinion about all churches is fallacious.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:11:58 PM

That sounds like the Church of Scientology.  However, having this opinion about all churches is fallacious.

Churches don't build themselves out of thin air. Having Rassah's philosophy about religion is fallacious, however, applying his statement to churches will always result in an accurate assessment.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:16:05 AM

I think Bitcoin will take over ALL the churches Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 04:59:54 AM

The only reason Jesus threw out the moneychangers was because they were muscling in on his turf, religion is not really all that benevolent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: