Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 17500 shares of GLBSE (actual shares)  (Read 14928 times)
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:56:43 PM

And how are the latest shenanigans helping you to sell your slice of this pie?
Few more fuck ups and this overpriced pie starts to look like a pavement pizza.
A Slice? Anyone?

The rats are jumping off the ship

Life is What you Make it!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 01:18:07 PM

And how are the latest shenanigans helping you to sell your slice of this pie?
Few more fuck ups and this overpriced pie starts to look like a pavement pizza.
A Slice? Anyone?

The rats are jumping off the ship

MPEX is renowned for its sock puppets Tongue

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:30:27 PM

Theymos, did you have previous knowledge of the action taken against Goat's assets (being kicked off the exchange) when you decided to sell?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 12998

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:53:31 PM

Theymos, did you have previous knowledge of the action taken against Goat's assets (being kicked off the exchange) when you decided to sell?

I did not. I am very irritated about it.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:45:36 PM

Are you selling because the SEC is doing an investigation on GLBSE?

No. As far as I know, the SEC is not investigating GLBSE.

I talked to the SEC lawyer.  He asked me about my GLBSE account.  So they are investigating GLBSE.
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:15:51 PM

It's good to see there's a voice of sanity, even if it is the one looking to sell.

Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:48:33 PM

Good to hear. Death to GLBSE!

Life is What you Make it!
Uglux

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:57:10 PM

Good to hear. Death to GLBSE!

Put your digital pitchfork and torches away and stay calm please. Smiley
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 02:26:18 AM

I talked to the SEC lawyer.  He asked me about my GLBSE account.  So they are investigating GLBSE.

The thing people dont realise is if GLBSE gets taken down by the SEC then all the other bitcoin stock exchanges will follow shortly afterwards because they all sell shares direct to the public. If GLBSE is registered and has qualified financial brokers then selling bitcoin denominated securities is perfectly legal. Someone needs to take this step to bridge bitcoin to the greater economy.

The pink sheets otc market is run exactly like this.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:47:16 AM

The thing people dont realise is if GLBSE gets taken down by the SEC then all the other bitcoin stock exchanges will follow shortly afterwards because they all sell shares direct to the public. If GLBSE is registered and has qualified financial brokers then selling bitcoin denominated securities is perfectly legal. Someone needs to take this step to bridge bitcoin to the greater economy.

As stated elsewhere, GLBSE is not located in the U.S. The SEC can not shut down GLBSE any more than they can shut down the London Stock Exchange. They cannot also shut down MtGox as others have suggested.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 06:20:35 AM

As stated elsewhere, GLBSE is not located in the U.S. The SEC can not shut down GLBSE any more than they can shut down the London Stock Exchange. They cannot also shut down MtGox as others have suggested.

if you sell securities to US citizens the SEC can in fact investigate and issue a bench warrant if need be. In that case they could extradite you from any country that has extradition treaties with the US. It's the same reason Julian Assange didnt want to go to Sweden.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:07:41 AM

As stated elsewhere, GLBSE is not located in the U.S. The SEC can not shut down GLBSE any more than they can shut down the London Stock Exchange.

This guy probably thought the same: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/13/us-filesharing-extradition-idUSTRE80C15C20120113

I personally feel the choice of UK as a place to register GLBSE was maybe not the best. UK is known to be very subordinate to the US government. I'd feel more comfortable if they had chosen a country like Switzerland, Iceland, or even a micro-country like Liechtenstein or Singapore. But well, what do I know, IANAL.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 08:15:31 AM

As stated elsewhere, GLBSE is not located in the U.S. The SEC can not shut down GLBSE any more than they can shut down the London Stock Exchange.

This guy probably thought the same: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/13/us-filesharing-extradition-idUSTRE80C15C20120113

I personally feel the choice of UK as a place to register GLBSE was maybe not the best. UK is known to be very subordinate to the US government. I'd feel more comfortable if they had chosen a country like Switzerland, Iceland, or even a micro-country like Liechtenstein or Singapore. But well, what do I know, IANAL.

GLBSE just needs to be structured differently and hire an accredited share broker. The SEC doesnt like you selling shares direct to the public they require some kind of stock broker.

Uglux

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:07:22 AM

GLBSE just needs to be structured differently and hire an accredited share broker. The SEC doesnt like you selling shares direct to the public they require some kind of stock broker.
The church also doesn't like you praying directly to your god. The pope wants to tell you first, what is best for you. Just like almost any monopoly, having a monopoly on interpretation is a dangerous thing. The most stupid thing: claiming ownership on ideas (hello apple).
 Maybe the US world domination plan just needs to be structured differently more toward cooperation Tongue
To some extend, regulation can be a good thing. Since the conditions of a free market, that all participants are informed equally, are almost never existing, a balancing set of rules is better than nothing. But acting like an arrogant bumpkin around the world, is only killing people and innovation.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:17:32 AM

The FSA does not allow anyone to sell shares to retail investors (i.e. non accredited investors) without a license. They also do not allow an 'exchange' to facilitate said share offerings/sales

Which means the SEC will not come to shut down GLBSE but they can simply ask the FSA to  look into it.

Regulation in this area is almost the same in the USA as it is in Europe.

As Nefario is already in the process of getting GLBSE FSA regulated they presumably already know about GLBSE. The downside of trying to get regulated is of course that when they say NO... they will shut you down. And if Nefario transfers GLBSE to another jurisdiction they can still go after him as they explicitly told him he's not allowed to do it.

If they say yes... then it opens up a lot of possibilities to bring Bitcoin into the mainstream, but it will mean KYC/AML etc...so it certainly won't be anonymous, not for the issuers and not for the investors
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:24:35 AM

nefario said that bitcoins are no money and that he wants to do a simple company registration.
i dont know what his current plans are - but i am (still) interested in the outcome.

caveden
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:50:27 AM

And if Nefario transfers GLBSE to another jurisdiction they can still go after him as they explicitly told him he's not allowed to do it.

Are you saying UK has the habit of forbidding people to do stuff anywhere in the world?
I don't understand why changing jurisdiction would not be possible.

but it will mean KYC/AML etc...so it certainly won't be anonymous, not for the issuers and not for the investors

Is this the case everywhere in the world? There's absolutely no country where investors may buy shares anonymously?
I know there are countries where there's no capital gain taxes. Why would these governments care whether you identify yourself before buying shares?
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 10:02:17 AM

And if Nefario transfers GLBSE to another jurisdiction they can still go after him as they explicitly told him he's not allowed to do it.

Are you saying UK has the habit of forbidding people to do stuff anywhere in the world?
I don't understand why changing jurisdiction would not be possible.

but it will mean KYC/AML etc...so it certainly won't be anonymous, not for the issuers and not for the investors

Is this the case everywhere in the world? There's absolutely no country where investors may buy shares anonymously?
I know there are countries where there's no capital gain taxes. Why would these governments care whether you identify yourself before buying shares?

If the UK authorities have told you that you are doing something 'illegal' in their eyes. You can yourself move outside of their jurisdiction to a place where it is allowed. If however you yourself stay within the UK but only place the exchange in another jurisdiction then they can still go after you.

As for KYC/AML: no capital gain taxes is different from money laundering rules and terrorism funding. These days governments are more concerned with those aspects than capital gains. Most countries (even Switzerland) give bank account information to any country that asks for it. And most off-shore banks ask for information/source of funds received to cover their own ass else they won't accept your business.
caveden
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 10:11:45 AM

As for KYC/AML: no capital gain taxes is different from money laundering rules and terrorism funding. These days governments are more concerned with those aspects than capital gains.

Oh come on, everybody knows KYC laws exist to fight tax evasion.

But yeah, it might be possible that governments that don't care whether you identify yourself before buying shares force you to do it anyway, due to pressure from strong, income-taxing governments.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:30:14 PM

For the record, this is bullshit. You wanna trade fiat, go trade fiat.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: