Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:01:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: iGotSpots Scam Dev  (Read 39653 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:55:47 PM

I guess we have different definitions of failure

I'm sure you're very familiar with the definition.. you experience it daily from the moment you wake up and look at yourself. Do you consider your failed coins a success since you were able to make profit on your scams before they failed?

You're pretty brazen for a publicly doxxed scammer... i take some comfort in knowing that as crypto becomes increasingly regulated you'll be one of the first pondering your life decisions whilst sharing a cell with Bubba, your new girlfriend
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 07:09:50 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 12:48:13 AM by iGotSpots

Lol I doxed myself like.. years ago. Not everyone is afraid to put their name on what they're doing

Btw, I lost more money than anyone on BUCKS, so I'm not sure what you're trying to imply

NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 07:53:38 PM

so I'm not sure what you're trying to imply

I understood his point completely.  Read it again.

bat26

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:35:38 PM

So spots is scam. We know, hopefully everyone else does
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:55:40 PM

Bump. Let's not forget.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 05:49:10 PM

Bump. Let's not forget.

Wow. After all the time I spent helping you personally. I definitely won't forget

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:59:46 PM

not as interesting as some of the fake positive trust you have given yourself?

also, what did you have to give for ocminer to remove his neg?

I'm pretty sure that Lottery Tickets is one of his alts.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=149949

So... when did this cryptsy insider, shitcoin pushing carpet cleaner become a crap cloning dev ? lol

Thanks. We've been around for over 3 years now, so things are going well. Just wanted to jump in to help FTC get around as much as we could.

(After cleaning carpet for several years, I also have hardwood now too lol carpet is the last thing I want to see when I get home)

It definitely is

I'm not ashamed to have run successful companies in multiple industries, it's not an insult to me at all. Unlike most people here, I know the actual value of a dollar thanks to years of hard, physical labor. And just to be clear, I wasn't actually scrubbing rugs, I owned the whole company..

Don't even get me started on Cryptsy.. the whole reason they are mad at me is because of what I've said about how they operate; I really have nothing nice to say about them in the slightest

We agree on that LOL
Cryptsy ahahhaa

popcorn ?
Jeez I looked at the first page and last 2 and I see the deal I think..
Good luck guys, I am staying out of this one  Shocked

Running crap coins and being a proven scammer are not the same thing though guys.
from the sounds of it he made an exchange (I have not been keeping up with things)
or had some part in it's operation ?
anyway he explained etc etc
so what is the problem ?
some of you are claiming it was a ploy all along to steal your money ? (the Gorrilla exchange thing)
do you have proof he *planned it ?

doh.. I said I'd stay out of it  Grin

Can we discuss some of the other weazle pieces of shit ?
Blocknet and the million dollar cash grab ?
there is many money grubbers out there.. wanna play this game then get ready to get dirty boys and girls.
I cashed out more and more watching the scene turn uglier and uglier..
if you guys are looking at the ANN section with 8 thousand coins and are investing in them or with their associated services / exchanges etc
then you get what you get..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Fallout4

Activity: 365
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:00:35 AM

lol, your fate is pretty much sealed when Spoetnik is backing you up.

But thanks for posting, not really sure why you bothered when you are obviously clueless to the whole situation.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:18:28 AM

"backing him up" ?
I was saying.. put it on the table guys.
if you have the smoking gun then let's see it !

I have fought with him plenty and enough is enough.. lol
if anything I'd like to stay neutral.

as always with anyone in crypto I have always said put the facts / proof etc out there for all to see.
the topic title is scam dev..
where is the proof of a scam ?

I think you guys failed here trashing on him.. at least for that specific reasoning ahhaa  Cheesy

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:37:06 AM

well i guess that depends on your definition of a scam...

did spots 'promise' staking contracts then cancel them citing the fine print? yes

is that a scam? no

is that enough to get your ass kicked? yes.

did spots launch a bunch of coins? yes

did these coins all fail? yes

did these coins all get swapped to a coin with different parameters that changed the economic? yes

is that a darkcoin scam? no

is that enough to get your ass kicked? yes

i think spoetnik the problem you are facing is this is not so much as the pirate scam  as much as a day to day scam paying someones wages.

new definition of scam = majority of the sheeple/'users' end up fucked in the end. yes. and very much so. spots is no dummy and nor would you find anyone to say otherwise. his ambulance chasing has raised the bar for what pieces of shit can get away with on these forums and to not call these fucks out is just as bad as turning a blind eye to pirate type schemes. staying 'neutral' in such matters only diminishes what respect I had for you.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:16:03 AM

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BUCKS
look at 1 of his coin

i lose more at 10k and im never interesting again with his coin
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:29:26 AM

"did these coins all get swapped to a coin with different parameters that changed the economic? yes"

breach of contract ... without doubt guilty ... if it happened just once a dev can reclaim trust by doing good work.

fraudster / scammer ... Is there a serial pattern?

Hats off to those who state the obvious.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:49:45 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 10:03:27 AM by Crestington

well i guess that depends on your definition of a scam...

did spots 'promise' staking contracts then cancel them citing the fine print? yes

is that a scam? no

is that enough to get your ass kicked? yes.

did spots launch a bunch of coins? yes

did these coins all fail? yes

did these coins all get swapped to a coin with different parameters that changed the economic? yes

is that a darkcoin scam? no

is that enough to get your ass kicked? yes

i think spoetnik the problem you are facing is this is not so much as the pirate scam  as much as a day to day scam paying someones wages.

new definition of scam = majority of the sheeple/'users' end up fucked in the end. yes. and very much so. spots is no dummy and nor would you find anyone to say otherwise. his ambulance chasing has raised the bar for what pieces of shit can get away with on these forums and to not call these fucks out is just as bad as turning a blind eye to pirate type schemes. staying 'neutral' in such matters only diminishes what respect I had for you.

You forgot to mention that there was a major vulnerability in Bucks and Spots ignored it, called it FUD, said it was fixed when it wasn't, and then lied about saying it was fixed in order to try to cover it up.

@Spoetnik

This is probably the most definitive piece of evidence in the thread, plus you missed all of Spots posts he deleted from this thread (everything that was not quoted).

I'm still not sure why you guys are mad at me when the multipool had the price to nearly 10k within three days of being launched (yes, quadrupled the price in under a week) before Ricky, RoboRob, and vegasguy started using modified wallets to dump on you lol we were moving it in the right direction; the people FUDing me are the ones who dumped on you and now are talking shit because they made their money already, not me. I'll eat losses all day, I could not possibly care less  Kiss

How come you said the exploit was fixed when it wasn't?

Also, the root of why people are FUDing is not discussing peoples criticisms without attacking people. Maybe you don't like what someone is saying but to post peoples PM's just to try to tear them down when you made them angry in the first place sets a bad precedent. If you make enough people angry then they will find a way to tear you down too, this is what lead us here.

I made no comments about it at all, quit putting words into my mouth. I still don't care what the issue even is/was, I'm writing these coins off as a loss instead of dumping on people

You discussed it on the C-Cex chat box about 3 weeks ago, you said you fixed the rumored exploit in an update that did not require a hardfork. I asked you about the exploit, what it was and how it was fixed and you said that you could not tell me because it could be used against other Coins. I just assumed you were talking shit because had you actually fixed a time exploit then it would require a hardfork and you don't care about other Coins as you've threatened to destroy many Coins (Like HYP or attacking the TEETH spinoff).

So my question once again, why did you tell everyone the exploit was fixed or didn't exist when it wasn't?

Edit: If you are going to post your PM's that VegasGuy sent you then why not also post your replies since you are skewing perception to only be in your favor.

Ok, seeing you are such a fan of posting conversations...

How come you said the exploit was fixed when it wasn't?

I made no comments about it at all, quit putting words into my mouth. I still don't care what the issue even is/was, I'm writing these coins off as a loss instead of dumping on people

Orly, no comment about it at all you say?

[2015-07-22 06:07:47] iGotSpots: @Crestington, that vulnerability was closed in bucks, but since they found it i assume its usable in other coins such as crave
[2015-07-22 06:08:02] iGotSpots: i did not know about it until they posted it though and it is a big deal, but its fixed for bucks now
[2015-07-22 06:08:40] iGotSpots: it did not require a new client for the fix, either
[2015-07-22 06:08:51] Crestington: @iGotSpots, what was the exact vulnerability?
[2015-07-22 06:09:23] iGotSpots: like im going to say that in a chatbox lol

Then a week or two later when I first discovered I could no longer stake GorillaBucks I tried to ask you about it. This is where our recent relationship began:

[2015-08-06 13:25:41] Fallout: Hey Spots
[2015-08-06 13:26:37] iGotSpots: yo
[2015-08-06 13:26:49] Fallout: Care to explain this: http://bucks.blockexplorer.cc/address/BRs3e2APRxhjsCjdRSujVHNtb2krBt3GEF
[2015-08-06 13:27:20] iGotSpots: nope
[2015-08-06 13:28:01] iGotSpots: because i know what youre trying to do and i dont have time for the kiddy games anymore
[2015-08-06 13:28:26] iGotSpots: find someone else to argue with
[2015-08-06 13:29:10] Fallout: Im an investor, Im trying to find out what is going on
[2015-08-06 13:33:15] Fallout: So I shouldnt ask questions?
[2015-08-06 13:34:40] iGotSpots: its ok, one day youll learn how coins work and this will alllll make sense Wink
[2015-08-06 13:36:13] Fallout: Did you even look at it? Thats not a masternode payment wallet
[2015-08-06 13:36:24] iGotSpots: well
[2015-08-06 13:36:30] iGotSpots: we know who has arrived here tonight now ;p
[2015-08-06 13:38:07] Fallout: Not trolling, dont dismiss it. Its an issue as far as I can see
[2015-08-06 13:39:54] stabycroc;_)>: @Fallout, im a troll box troll and no wat ur asking isnt trolling, u asked clear and to the point without hate or fud... ur fine dw
[2015-08-06 13:40:52] Fallout: Its a staking wallet, staking every minute or so
[2015-08-06 13:46:10] Fallout: Unless I am mistaken, this is bad Spots, its not the only wallet either
[2015-08-06 13:47:31] iGotSpots: guess the coin is broke and you should sell
[2015-08-06 13:48:16] Fallout: I think I will. If you are happy that two wallets seem to be taking all the stakes and it doesnt bother you.
[2015-08-06 13:48:16] stabycroc;_)>: PM@Fallout, & that is why i troll spots into the ground... ego ova professionalizm
[2015-08-06 13:49:40] Fallout: Ive backed you in the past but this is a joke
[2015-08-06 13:49:41] iGotSpots: wanna know a secret
[2015-08-06 13:49:52] iGotSpots: (i have videos and tips in the wallet on how to stake efficiently)
[2015-08-06 13:49:56] iGotSpots: like i said earlier
[2015-08-06 13:50:08] iGotSpots: people should really read WHAT i say instead of what is said ABOUT me
[2015-08-06 13:51:10] stabycroc;_)>: well he isnt asking about u Mr.ego he asking about the wallet and coin.... less ego more pro!!
[2015-08-06 13:51:11] iGotSpots: i know what youre trying to do and im not playing that game
[2015-08-06 13:51:36] Fallout: Drop your ego for one minute and just look ffs
[2015-08-06 13:51:12] Fallout: I can read, I have setup many wallets, with small inputs. I stake about a hundred a day. These wallets are pulling over 1000 a day
[2015-08-06 13:52:17] iGotSpots: im looking right at it
[2015-08-06 13:52:24] iGotSpots: i can squint and look harder if youd like?
[2015-08-06 13:52:44] iGotSpots: i see nothing except someone who is following my tips

You then proceeded to delete all questions from the main thread for the rest of the day. You were trying to hide the exploit from everyone.
When I got up the next day you had locked the thread and abandoned GorillaBucks without a word of explanation to anyone.
The truth about the exploit was out and you shit bricks.

That's what really happened.
The excuse about caring for your family is just a blatant lie and a way to blame others for the GorillaBucks collapse.

And BCX... you can suck me dry.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:40:06 PM

true I may have missed a lot on this topic etc
just saying what I heard sounds like what 100's of guys are doing in crypto.. IGotSpots actions are not unique (generally speaking)
and scam the definition is pretty straight forward.
shady behavior or immoral is not a scam.
I'd like to hear the proof if it exists.. I didn't post here to comment for or against the guy.
like I said I just didn't see the smoking gun of "scam"

I have a looong history with the guy but I'd like to let it drop.. we have enough drama in crypto LOL
but if anyone is guilty of a scam then by all means expose them.

basically I think a lot of controversies in crypto with dev's boil down to intent
which is hard to prove usually..

Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:03:36 PM

[2015-08-06 13:34:40] iGotSpots: its ok, one day youll learn how coins work and this will alllll make sense

We now know that how coins work:

A scam developer like Spots creates a new coin and makes lots of empty promises, rigs the system, cashes in, and then leaves the loyal customers suckers who bought into the coin holding the bag.
Fallout4

Activity: 365
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:37:56 AM

Scammer:

noun
a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.
verb (used with object), scammed, scamming.
to cheat or defraud with a scam.
3. See IGotSpots*

Nothing he is doing with his latest coin is any different than exactly what he has done in the past.
It will end exactly the same way. He will cash in his gigantic stash, abandon it, blame everyone else for its failure and then start his next premined copy shitcoin

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:08:55 AM

not sure if blatantly lying about bucks masternode exploit fix is scam or not. but that def happened.

lying seems the most common dodgy behaviour by coin devs.

lying about coming services/features - roadmaps, continued support/development
lying about their own intent - long term commitment
lying about the code - heheh the dev hopping on after dumping 10x the total coin count and saying "we're working with bittrex to see what we can do" (not igotspots)

lying is the basic tool of a scam. no idea what else he might have lied about, but i'd call the evident lie a swindle at least.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:57:08 PM

I enjoyed reading this thread.   

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:16:01 AM

17 pages and not a single shred of proof to support the title of this thread LOL

~BCX~
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:31:29 AM

17 pages and not a single shred of proof to support the title of this thread LOL

~BCX~

Quite a lot to back it up; but we know you have selective attention. Go fuck yourself Mr. Hotair.

@Retard

I'm talking about ACTUAL proof.

Not just that you didn't like the coin or that Spots didn't manage it properly.

Not that you lost money or simply don't understand the definition of risk

Simply show me where he knowingly deceived anyone out of their funds.

None of you have so far. Not one.

~BCX~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: