Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:34:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods should not decide what is off-topic to post!  (Read 1007 times)
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 10:31:52 PM

Hey I thought this place was supposed to be discussion and debate, mods don't have the right to delete posts when is there to support your opinion and you should not have the right do censor people based on your own opinion. If you guys are going to let scams run rampant but delete stuff when it pertains to the topic of why it should be considered a scam then that is perpetrating the scam and harming your own investment in Bitcoin. If dodgy cloudminers have the right to post and receive BTC with no proof then I have the right to counter why their arguments are wrong with how something should be run. You deleted my post but left all the rest of the other recommendations from other people posting on the thread as well, that is favoritism and if you are going to delete my post then you should also delete all the rest of them as well otherwise you are targeting me alone for the things I say.

I am not happy!

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

You can't wrap your head around how that last sentence is made to poke fun at all us NORMAL people that do nothing, can't learn, and want to get into scams. We need YOU all mighty cryptodevil and other fanboys you have to tell us what is right and wrong. haha. So thank you, you are so right, In everything you do, even though your math is flawed and makes no sense what so ever. But you are right cryptodevil, avoid the points, dodge the main idea of everything I say to you. You are what makes the crypto world go round. Thank you for your endless fight! You are a martyr!!! I will pass your message on about scrypt.cc. Whatever that is. Thanks for gracing me with the holy response you gave me.    

only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

The only real response I see "I don't like how you post bad things about Scryptards and call names but I'm going to call names as well as my only defense"

Have you done the math? I don't think you actually have and are just talking shit. Google litecoin pools and hashrates of the top 10 Scrypt Coins, if you knew anything about Blockchains you would know that you cannot just have 850 GHS of a 1.2 TH network without 1. Being able to fork and double spend on any Scrypt Coin at will, rendering the Coin worthless, and 2. That amount of hashrate showing up on the pools, past and current hashrate stats.

Why do you think I have anything to do with defending Scrypt.cc? How did ltc go from 1.2 TH to 1.6 TH when the last boom happened when other coins didn't drop in hashrate as well?? HMMMM HOW CAN THAT BE??? It is because the total hashrate is an average and more of an estimate as opposed to a solid figure. Now, don't misunderstand this as me defending Scrypt, they might not have what they say, who cares, But you must not know how estimated hashrate works...... Go back to making a fake coin to show how super kewl fun you are and to prove how much smarter you are than everyone. Just to prove something is a scam.... really... Why don't you make a scypt.ccscam coin next you cool guy? Make your loneliness any better to cope with?

Again with the attacking and not knowing anything, go do your research yourself. I know how Blockchains work and I do some work on PayCon™ [CON] - Get your CON on! ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=937480.0 ), which is in fact a real Proof of Stake only Coin, is awesome, better rewards and everything is fully verifiable by the Blockchain itself.

Installed new theme's the last week, TOR integration, security and feature upgrades. https://github.com/Crestington/PayCon/commits/master (156 Commits, tens of thousands of lines of code from about a dozen different developers)

List of theme's

You can checkout the Block explorer, current Stake rate is around 300% per year so complete ROI might happen around 100 days but then there is trade as well (on real exchanges).

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/paycon/

No one has had their Coins stuck or waiting on withdraws because it's a Blockchain and Blockchains run continuously and people hold onto their own funds (withdraws and transactions are always 1 minute) . You don't have the same risk of some hackers coming in and robbing all the Coins because I don't hold a significant amount myself (maybe 5k atm) so they would need to be able to hack the Blockchain itself in order to get anything in which case someone could not Block or stop transactions without having more than half the Coins and even then the rest of the network could reject those Coins.

First argument anyone is going to have is "if you don't like it, why don't you make something better"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:29:33 AM

Sometimes your posts might get reported and the others dont and the mods would only delete yours if they need to. But in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444495.5420
i can actually see your post, im confused  Huh are you sure it was deleted?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 02:51:07 PM

Hey I thought this place was supposed to be discussion and debate, mods don't have the right to delete posts when is there to support your opinion and you should not have the right do censor people based on your own opinion. If you guys are going to let scams run rampant but delete stuff when it pertains to the topic of why it should be considered a scam then that is perpetrating the scam and harming your own investment in Bitcoin. If dodgy cloudminers have the right to post and receive BTC with no proof then I have the right to counter why their arguments are wrong with how something should be run. You deleted my post but left all the rest of the other recommendations from other people posting on the thread as well, that is favoritism and if you are going to delete my post then you should also delete all the rest of them as well otherwise you are targeting me alone for the things I say.

I am not happy!

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

You can't wrap your head around how that last sentence is made to poke fun at all us NORMAL people that do nothing, can't learn, and want to get into scams. We need YOU all mighty cryptodevil and other fanboys you have to tell us what is right and wrong. haha. So thank you, you are so right, In everything you do, even though your math is flawed and makes no sense what so ever. But you are right cryptodevil, avoid the points, dodge the main idea of everything I say to you. You are what makes the crypto world go round. Thank you for your endless fight! You are a martyr!!! I will pass your message on about scrypt.cc. Whatever that is. Thanks for gracing me with the holy response you gave me.    

only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

The only real response I see "I don't like how you post bad things about Scryptards and call names but I'm going to call names as well as my only defense"

Have you done the math? I don't think you actually have and are just talking shit. Google litecoin pools and hashrates of the top 10 Scrypt Coins, if you knew anything about Blockchains you would know that you cannot just have 850 GHS of a 1.2 TH network without 1. Being able to fork and double spend on any Scrypt Coin at will, rendering the Coin worthless, and 2. That amount of hashrate showing up on the pools, past and current hashrate stats.

Why do you think I have anything to do with defending Scrypt.cc? How did ltc go from 1.2 TH to 1.6 TH when the last boom happened when other coins didn't drop in hashrate as well?? HMMMM HOW CAN THAT BE??? It is because the total hashrate is an average and more of an estimate as opposed to a solid figure. Now, don't misunderstand this as me defending Scrypt, they might not have what they say, who cares, But you must not know how estimated hashrate works...... Go back to making a fake coin to show how super kewl fun you are and to prove how much smarter you are than everyone. Just to prove something is a scam.... really... Why don't you make a scypt.ccscam coin next you cool guy? Make your loneliness any better to cope with?

Again with the attacking and not knowing anything, go do your research yourself. I know how Blockchains work and I do some work on PayCon™ [CON] - Get your CON on! ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=937480.0 ), which is in fact a real Proof of Stake only Coin, is awesome, better rewards and everything is fully verifiable by the Blockchain itself.

Installed new theme's the last week, TOR integration, security and feature upgrades. https://github.com/Crestington/PayCon/commits/master (156 Commits, tens of thousands of lines of code from about a dozen different developers)

List of theme's

You can checkout the Block explorer, current Stake rate is around 300% per year so complete ROI might happen around 100 days but then there is trade as well (on real exchanges).

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/paycon/

No one has had their Coins stuck or waiting on withdraws because it's a Blockchain and Blockchains run continuously and people hold onto their own funds (withdraws and transactions are always 1 minute) . You don't have the same risk of some hackers coming in and robbing all the Coins because I don't hold a significant amount myself (maybe 5k atm) so they would need to be able to hack the Blockchain itself in order to get anything in which case someone could not Block or stop transactions without having more than half the Coins and even then the rest of the network could reject those Coins.

First argument anyone is going to have is "if you don't like it, why don't you make something better"

Hey I thought this place was supposed to be discussion and debate, mods don't have the right to delete posts when is there to support your opinion and you should not have the right do censor people based on your own opinion.
Mods have all the rights to delete posts no matter what they support if they break the rules in which they have.

If you guys are going to let scams run rampant but delete stuff when it pertains to the topic of why it should be considered a scam then that is perpetrating the scam and harming your own investment in Bitcoin.
I have no issue talking about scams, however, I do not tolerate ad spam (a.k.a. plugging your coin), which the deleted post(s now) contained.

If dodgy cloudminers have the right to post and receive BTC with no proof then I have the right to counter why their arguments are wrong with how something should be run.
Yes, without actually advertising or primarily focusing on said thing.
You deleted my post but left all the rest of the other recommendations from other people posting on the thread as well, that is favoritism and if you are going to delete my post then you should also delete all the rest of them as well otherwise you are targeting me alone for the things I say.
My attention was brought to your post via a report. If you see cases of advertising, use the "Report to moderator" link at the bottom right side of each post to notify the staff.

I am not happy!
Neither am I for you not adhering to the rules and posting that again. Repost it and I will assume malicious intent, which may result in you getting banned.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:35:57 PM

I wish people would stop calling it my Coin as I only do work on the codebase along with other people.

The post in question was a reply in which they said it was a fake Coin and I should make a Scrypt.cc Coin so I posted why it is infact a real Coin and what should be done to prove the claims being made because I can and do prove everything cryptographically. I did not say to buy it and they wouldn't anyways nor are the instant gratification types beneficial to any real project. My point in this thread here was that my post was deleted as being off-topic but everyone promotes the projects they are interested in and in the same thread were also promotions for hashnest, bitgold and all kinds of other Staking Coins as alternatives and those were not deleted.

If you are going to moderate and decide what is alright to post then why not moderate and shut down the scams that won't prove the claims they are making?

The Gethashing forums has a watchlist section and if a service is posting but cannot prove the claims they are making then they move the thread there, that would be a fairly easy solution without directly shutting down threads.

You could also do a type of rating system for threads based on weight a person has (number of posts, forum ranking, time spent) and let people rank threads. I am aware of the market for buying and selling accounts but that would not have enough of an impact compared to the amount of people that hold onto their accounts.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 03:13:42 PM

I wish people would stop calling it my Coin as I only do work on the codebase along with other people.

The post in question was a reply in which they said it was a fake Coin and I should make a Scrypt.cc Coin so I posted why it is infact a real Coin and what should be done to prove the claims being made because I can and do prove everything cryptographically. I did not say to buy it and they wouldn't anyways nor are the instant gratification types beneficial to any real project. My point in this thread here was that my post was deleted as being off-topic but everyone promotes the projects they are interested in and in the same thread were also promotions for hashnest, bitgold and all kinds of other Staking Coins as alternatives and those were not deleted.

If you are going to moderate and decide what is alright to post then why not moderate and shut down the scams that won't prove the claims they are making?

The Gethashing forums has a watchlist section and if a service is posting but cannot prove the claims they are making then they move the thread there, that would be a fairly easy solution without directly shutting down threads.

You could also do a type of rating system for threads based on weight a person has (number of posts, forum ranking, time spent) and let people rank threads. I am aware of the market for buying and selling accounts but that would not have enough of an impact compared to the amount of people that hold onto their accounts.

The post in question was a reply in which they said it was a fake Coin and I should make a Scrypt.cc Coin so I posted why it is infact a real Coin and what should be done to prove the claims being made because I can and do prove everything cryptographically. I did not say to buy it and they wouldn't anyways nor are the instant gratification types beneficial to any real project.
You've done so in manner that rather than proving it is a real coin, showcases it's features, cluttering the topic up with off-topic images.

My point in this thread here was that my post was deleted as being off-topic but everyone promotes the projects they are interested in and in the same thread were also promotions for hashnest, bitgold and all kinds of other Staking Coins as alternatives and those were not deleted.
I've deleted numerous off-topic discussions about other services in the discussed thread. Your post was brought to my attention via a report. If you notice any kind of spam, use the report feature.

Way too much subjectivity (which you already are complainging about without said policy), the huge volume of possible situations, the time required to investigate a single situation, often shaky evidence and lack of anyone reputable in the situation.

You clearly don't seem to understand that hero accounts are being sold en masse by account farmers rather than individual users. The system you described would allow for anyone who's somewhat wealthy to essentially control the content posted on the forum with relative ease.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:46:40 AM

"Mods should not decide what is off-topic to post!"

Just curious, then in who in your mind should be the arbitrator of such things?

~BCX~
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:57:37 AM

~BCX~

Haha  This is EXACTLY what I was thinking opening this thread.  Expect the "arbitrator" word being used. 

If mods didn't decide then nothing would ever be moved to off-topic.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:12:23 AM

The post in question was a reply in which they said it was a fake Coin and I should make a Scrypt.cc Coin so I posted why it is infact a real Coin and what should be done to prove the claims being made because I can and do prove everything cryptographically. I did not say to buy it and they wouldn't anyways nor are the instant gratification types beneficial to any real project.
You've done so in manner that rather than proving it is a real coin, showcases it's features, cluttering the topic up with off-topic images.

My point in this thread here was that my post was deleted as being off-topic but everyone promotes the projects they are interested in and in the same thread were also promotions for hashnest, bitgold and all kinds of other Staking Coins as alternatives and those were not deleted.
I've deleted numerous off-topic discussions about other services in the discussed thread. Your post was brought to my attention via a report. If you notice any kind of spam, use the report feature.

Way too much subjectivity (which you already are complainging about without said policy), the huge volume of possible situations, the time required to investigate a single situation, often shaky evidence and lack of anyone reputable in the situation.

You clearly don't seem to understand that hero accounts are being sold en masse by account farmers rather than individual users. The system you described would allow for anyone who's somewhat wealthy to essentially control the content posted on the forum with relative ease.

Thanks for answering all my questions and hope you understand deleting posts with content made as a point feels like a slap in the face, especially when users are allowed to posts hundreds of Monero threads and clutter up the forum with no recourse and no content other than "Monero is going to the moon!"

So what is the line? Can you please clarify the differences and why one is tolerated over the other?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 10:03:43 AM

Haha  This is EXACTLY what I was thinking opening this thread.  Expect the "arbitrator" word being used. 

There were a few members recently calling out for the removal of moderators (newbies usually). According to some there should be complete freedom of speech, i.e. everyone should be allowed to post what they want and where they want. That would be horrible. I'm pretty sure that mprep (for his section) and others are doing a fine job, since all reports are handled pretty quickly.
OP it is most likely that someone reported it, and mprep felt like it wasn't fit for where you posted it.

Is a single post really that important?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 10:43:37 AM

Thanks for answering all my questions and hope you understand deleting posts with content made as a point feels like a slap in the face, especially when users are allowed to posts hundreds of Monero threads and clutter up the forum with no recourse and no content other than "Monero is going to the moon!"

So what is the line? Can you please clarify the differences and why one is tolerated over the other?
The line, in your case, is drawn at the point where the post focuses on showcasing the coin, rather than proving it's a real one. For example, you could've said you were working on the skins for the coin wallet, but showcasing it is going over the edge.

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:20:41 PM

~BCX~

I could not agree more and I clicked on this thread thinking that someone had a great idea for how to limit spam and off topic posts without needing mods.  Oh well.

OP I'm sorry if a post of yours got deleted that should not have been.  I think on balance, given the temptation to spam to get paid for signature campaigns, the mods here do a great job trying to keep things sane.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:25:33 AM

The line, in your case, is drawn at the point where the post focuses on showcasing the coin, rather than proving it's a real one. For example, you could've said you were working on the skins for the coin wallet, but showcasing it is going over the edge.

Ok, thank you for explaining the differences and appreciate you taking the time to reply in such a well thought out way. In the future I will try to do a better job of not posting things that are too off-topic.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:19:04 AM

~BCX~

@OP

You've answered every question except for mine

~BCX
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:11:21 AM

~BCX~

@OP

You've answered every question except for mine

~BCX

Probably just needs a better title however I have seen lately a lot of problems with moderation lately in that heavy spam with little to no content is allowed along with trolling but promotion is not allowed even if it's within a topic about working together on projects. The amount of spam and people fudding each other has gotten quite bad over the last 6-8 months and it's at the point where you can't really discuss ideas and there were other instances of discussing ideas to make wallet downloads safer and got killed off by spam/fud because it wasn't self moderated, it's really to the point where I want to contribute to discussions anymore. I don't know the answer to this question, possibly to be able to rate mods or vote in, vote out mods by general election?

What would you think would be an ideal way to improve the rules and moderation?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: