Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Requests Input  (Read 34785 times)
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:46:27 AM

I found and exposed Sonny's history on the forum (here), but I'm not a BFL hater.  I have a Jalapeno and Single on preorder.  I'm not a developer or electrical/computer engineer, so I wouldn't be much use verifying those aspects of the devices.  I work in the tech field on the business side of things.  I have mined on GPU before in Inaba/BFL_Josh's pool, but I don't have any FPGA devices.

All I could offer the community are photos of the devices in action (and kill-a-watt readings) and my word about what I see.  Perhaps people find me credible since I was the person who exposed Sonny's connection to the lottery scheme.  I live in Chicago, so I'm fairly close.  I would only do this if other people want me to do it.  I'm not particularly interested in going to Kansas City in late October/early November just for the hell of it.  I'm also employed, so weekends work best for me (I will not use more than one vacation day for this).  If I'm not allowed to post photo evidence of working devices, I'm not interested in going.  Those are my terms Smiley
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xfinity

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:32:37 AM

My votes: Yochdog and Cablez

Donations (BTC): 1L8EcGAuaDNK4kNxAbEBawo8ZaeFZvibgj
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:50:53 AM

How about DiabloD3 Huh

He has a mining company,designed a miner & dosen't think too highly of BFL.
I know he's a mod, but I don't think it's fair to invite someone who's a blatant critic, to the point of starting a betting pool whether or not BFL will even deliver.

Forgot about the bet,my bad  Roll Eyes

As far as critics go,who isn't one who hasn't REALLY put the bad in "bad mouthing"  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 05:57:27 AM

How about DiabloD3 Huh

He has a mining company,designed a miner & dosen't think too highly of BFL.

Reeses has been way too vocal (rude) with respect to BFL.He may try to sabotage the plant or something  Cheesy

The problem is: if he came back and said everything was great, we'd all know it was great, but if he said there was  problem and BFL is all f'ed up and we need to pull out now, we couldn't trust it. I agree with an earlier poster that someone who has preorders with BFL makes sense because they would have a motivation to blow a whistle but not be a hater with an agenda.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 06:20:47 AM

Casascius, Joel Katz, cypherdoc, gmaxwell

Excellent choices.

tytus

Activity: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:28:32 AM

If we are successful with the selection of representatives of the community accepted by BFL we should also define a list of questions. I guess the objective is to prove that BFL can deliver an ASIC miner. BFL will unlikely disclose details of the chips (tech node) but if we get power dissipation and hash rate it should be sufficient. So my questions would be:

- chip size (picture)
- hash rate per chip (... if possible proven on an laptop provided by the visiting representative)
- power dissipation (can be measured on the whole device and divided by the number chips :-))

We should probably ask in advance what kind of questions we can ask and what answers we get (the visitor has only to confirm it). If the visitors will be able only to shoot pictures of stuff members assembling BFL-singles then maybe the trip is pointless.

Josh, please let us know what You want to show to the visitor.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:44:45 AM

... credible, verifiable individuals to be flown here to KC sometime ...

Why not contact people from e.g. tomshardware.com, wired.com or computerbase.de? Or from c't (very reputable German computer magazine, always keen to test/experiment with new hardware gimmicks).

In addition, it would be nice story for them - and promotion for the Bitcoin community.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:46:11 AM

Why not contact people from e.g. tomshardware.com, wired.com or computerbase.de? Or from c't (very reputable German computer magazine, always keen to test/experiment with new hardware gimmicks).

In addition, it would be nice story for them - and promotion for the Bitcoin community.

i'd love if c't (or iX) would make an article about bfl!
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:50:38 AM

Yeah, just give tomshardware money and they will say anything.

dip
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:58:39 AM

Joel Katz would be the best solution. He's critical but not to the point of fanaticism.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:01:48 AM

I would like to know what one or two individuals (in the US preferably, unless the non-US person wants to pony up a ticket) that Bitcoin Talk community would nominate and accept as credible, verifiable individuals to be flown here to KC sometime around the end of October/Beginning of November time frame to see our facility, inspect the manufacturing equipment and test out the devices.  We don't have an exact date yet as to when we would do this, but I would like to get the ball rolling as far as names in the hat and see if there's even a vague consensus on who the individual(s) might be.

+1 BFL_Josh. Smiley

Reeses!

Put me down for gigavps, if he's a willing participant.

Anyone appearing in this photo should be disqualified:

The reasons should be fairly obvious.

Excellent choices.
hausmarke

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:08:16 AM

DrHaribo, BitMinter.com Operator
Fefox

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:10:55 AM

DrHaribo, BitMinter.com Operator

Yes, DrHaribo!
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:17:19 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 09:46:47 AM by tbcoin

Sorry for get away from topic for a moment, this means the beginning of November had not yet begun shipments?

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
sunbreak

Activity: 107
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:45:55 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 10:23:01 AM by sunbreak

sunbreak

If i am informed correctly, sunbreak does not have a stake in this one way or the other, he would be a good impartial judge.  He is also very knowledgeable in the area.

edit:  or me Smiley

Sure, I'll go ... and it's true ... I do not own any fpga's or have anything invested in asic's nor did I invest any money with pirate for that matter.

As for credentials;

I personally run a 57 ghash/sec gpu only mining cluster on 110x6950's and 24x5970's on 24 machines with no AC and using only 20kW.
I'm the author of strippedminer the 187mb netboot mining distro.
I originally wrote all the --auto-fan --auto-gpu code that is in cgminer as an external script and independently sponsored the ADL implementation in cgminer by conman).
I also was the one suffered lengthy testing with conman to reveal proper methods to restart stalled gpu's in cgminer.
I identified and diagnosed the lack of dns caching and http connection reuse in cgminer which conman reimplemented as a curl ring buffer saving all of our routers

Well that's enough, I've done lots of stuff in the community ... and I would love to get a chance to put bfl to the test.

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:51:55 AM

Joel Katz would be the best solution. He's critical but not to the point of fanaticism.
I agree with this. I like JoelKatz' uncompromising, but fair, scepticism.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:55:45 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 10:12:29 AM by Mobius

me me me me  Grin

I 2nd abracadabra and sunbreak.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:16:08 AM

Well, do you want to go to Kansas City?

(in the US preferably, unless the non-US person wants to pony up a ticket)

No.
[/quote]

You'll miss some good Bar-B-Que.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 10:18:16 AM

I think dust had a good response, too.

Many other good options here.

Gigavps has a solid reputation, but I'm not sure we need more responses from him supporting BFL.

I'll also express my interest to come see the facilities.  I've received 15 BFL Singles & have a good $15k in pre-order ASIC technology.

I've resold units to people here on the forums & think I've developed a decent reputation, but that's for the community to decide.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:18:21 AM

Have you even flown from Sydney to LAX? Not exactly enjoyable, especially just to do it again the next day.

Flying anywhere to/from LAX is not very enjoyable.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: