Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 04:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Requests Input  (Read 34805 times)
gurki

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:43:40 AM

I'd like to add my name to the list.  I'm fairly new to the bitcoin community but I'm an EE and I work in an ASIC design company (CPU design - not bitcoin mining).  BFL_Josh can verify my real life identity and the company I work for from my order on 8/8/12 of a Bitforce Single (arrived 9/24/12) and an SC Single upgrade.  I am familiar with the entire process of designing full custom chips from initial design to full production.  I am also familiar with board design and manufacturing.  I really want to see with my own eyes the state of the SC designs and the level of professionalism of their manufacturing facilities.  Hell - I'll even pay my own travel expenses. 

Summary:
- EE doing custom chip and board design and manufacture for 20+ years
- Own 1 Single (for 1 day) & have 1 SC Single upgrade on order
- I am willing to pay part/all of my travel expenses.

PS - I like the idea of an "open house" day at BFL.  1 or 2 sponsored people (travel expenses paid by BFL) plus anyone else that will pay their own way.

Great idea, I wish BFL would do this.
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:49:23 AM

What's the office address for BFL in KC?
Their Contact Us page says they just have a PO box, but then it also links to an address.

This is why I'm asking for the working office address straight from BFL Josh. Is this (25E East 12th Street) the working office address for Butterfly Labs, Inc.? If not what is the correct address?

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:26:29 AM

You are something else Reeses Roll Eyes

I'm human.  I have a certificate.

If your so worried about "clearances" & "moral standards",why are you dabbleing in a cryptocurrency that lends itself,for now,mostly to money luandering & drug sales on silk road??

I'm a crypto and hardware nerd.  How can I resist?

Does your wife know about this "darkside" of bitcoin?? Or have you kept that a "secret"??

She only asked when the utility bill quadrupled each month.  Then the conversation went pretty much like this.

Her: Why do you have all of those computers running anyway?  It's too hot upstairs.
Me: They're...oh this is going to be tough...they're generating cryptographic currency.
Her: I don't know what that means.
Me: Well, you know how people can play those online games and either buy, work, or trade for gold or credits to be used in the game?
Her: Not really, but I've heard of it.
Me: Well, it's like video game money without having to play the game.
Her: What do you do with this?
Me: Err...trade it?  Oh look at all the crosses in that church front yard!

We had a chat recently and she said pretty much everything I'm telling her sounds shady, so I'm specifically banned from shady, and that if I wonder about it, "we have to have a discussion."  You married dudes know what this is like.

This is why most of us find you to be a dick.................

I hope that's not the only reason, you cockmongering buffoon.

I'm a recovering alky & drug addict,16 years clean & sober.I know folks can change,I did.But,I have no criminal record except for drunk & disorderly & the like.

So I'm guessing you wouldn't think I'm an upstanding citizen due to my past either,whatever...............

So you have a past and admitted that you fucked up and didn't hide anything.  Sounds good to me.  We see the difference here, right?

During my interview, they asked about something from when I was a kid that was "sealed".  Stupid kid hijinks, but they asked a leading question such as,"Have you ever..."  Let's just say it was,"done any drugs." (it wasn't.)

"Mmmm...I think once, when I was 14..."
"What about, say, in 1988.  Do you remember anything around that time?"
"Mmmm, can't say that I do..."
"This would be something you wouldn't be likely to forget."
"Ah, yeah, that."
So then he asked for some details, which was mortifying, because I hadn't known before that that the feds get to see everything in these investigations.  At the end, he said something along the lines of,"Thank you for being honest.  If you weren't, it would have meant a lot more paperwork for me and my team, and a lot more difficulty.  Honesty about something wrong is more important than having done something wrong.  You should have seen my interview."  Then we joked mildly, and I realized if I was ever tortured, I'd last about ten seconds before giving them the nuclear launch codes.

As for Inaba's red herring about his clearance, it looks as if he did it when he was a baby grunt.  It's a lot easier to do that when you're single and young in the DOD than when you're married, have lived overseas in Russia, Hungary, Croatia, and Czechia, and are looking for clearance within the federal government (i.e., DOJ, DHS, NSA, CIA, DOE, etc.).  It would also explain why we had different experiences.  I was only grilled because I was a spouse, cohabitant, etc. and would have the ability to compromise her.

I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand.  Can you imagine my wife going into the chief counsel's office to tell her boss,"My husband is going to visit a company that manufactures equipment that generates digital 'money' and the CEO has been charged with 23 counts of international fraud, including pyramid schemes, and accepted a plea for one and may be violating the terms of his probation at the present time."

I have a company that has a development office in India.  She has to report that to her employer, along with a description of what they work on, etc.  I will have to tell her again if I import any physical goods into the US, because that is considered material as well.

Some people get away with not doing this, but my wife is called "The Rule Monkey" in her agency and I am not joking when I say that if I were to commit a crime, she would cut me loose.

Now, I'm cutting into YK and I'm just going to get crankier.  Plus, it doesn't take if you're arguing with people on the Internet.  I looked it up.

A cockmongering buffoon.Now THAT'S FUNNY  Grin

I thought you would do better than that Tongue

So,in other words,you didn't tell her about silk road or money luandering.Shame on you  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:27:26 AM

I'm a recovering alky & drug addict,16 years clean & sober.I know folks can change,I did.But,I have no criminal record except for drunk & disorderly & the like.

So I'm guessing you wouldn't think I'm an upstanding citizen due to my past either,whatever...............
So you have a past and admitted that you fucked up and didn't hide anything.  Sounds good to me.  We see the difference here, right?
He's also posted 386 times before that one, and never once mentioned his questionable past. See the difference?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:36:41 AM

I vote for Gmaxwell.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 04:41:47 AM

Aaaand there it is.   "It doesn't matter because _________."  Proven wrong, caught in a lie and even the response was entirely predictable.

Go Reese.  What other falsehoods can you come up with?

Lets just quote the lie, so we can refer back to it as needed:

You didn't hold a clearance of any import.  I'm guessing if you did, it was secret at best.  Stop exaggerating.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 04:44:21 AM

I'd vote for Reeses if he's interested in going. He might be an abrasive asshole, but he's the only one I've seen on the forums not related to BFL or a competitor talk about actually using chip design packages.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.  You leave room for doubt?  Besides, everyone knows that Cadence products crash and are held together with so much hacked up special-case code and prayer.  It's not exactly a secret...is it?  Wink

I can't go for a couple reasons.  The only necessary one is that my wife has an insane security clearance, meaning that I have to be cleared as well.  Given what is documented about Sonny, I cannot risk her job because of a forum.  Not because she makes a lot, but because she really likes litigating and would divorce me in a hot second if I engaged in illicit activity.  Undecided  

I'm not confident enough in BFL to keep me out of the shit.

Consider this the BFL equivalent of the Pirate dinner, except with airfare, hotel, and a "tour" of assembly facilities.  I think it's a sufficiently rigged demo and Sonny is going back to his scammer bag of tricks to calm down the restless horde.

Sorry, Josh.  I call it as I see it.  Nice distraction, though.  That's why it's such an effective technique.  Have one or two "hot" girls who laugh at their jokes guide through the visit, offer them free t-shirts and mugs, and they'll be yours for life.

To use a trite forum cliché, this is right out of the playbook.

EDIT: Plus, I'm not carrying a logic analyzer on the plane.  Can you imagine getting that through security, even at SFO?

You are something else Reeses Roll Eyes

If your so worried about "clearances" & "moral standards",why are you dabbleing in a cryptocurrency that lends itself,for now,mostly to money luandering & drug sales on silk road??

Does your wife know about this "darkside" of bitcoin?? Or have you kept that a "secret"??

This is why most of us find you to be a dick.................

BTW,I'm all for yochdog being selected too Smiley

Does your wife know you went to vegas and had dinner with pirate ?

What is she going to do when you get a phone call from the SEC investigating known pirate associates ?

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:01:01 AM

Keep tellin' your self that, champ.  Whatever makes you feel better about your fake clearance.

I suspect the real reason you're begging off the list is because you don't want to be made to look like an idiot in front of the whole bitcoin talk world when you're forced to admit BFL is actually producing ASICs.  It's going to be bad enough when someone else confirms it, but it would be a double blow to your poor little ego if you had to actually do the dirty work yourself.  It's ok little man, we won't laugh too much at you.  I can't wait to see the back pedaling you do after we start shipping. 

(That's not true, at least in private we will be laughing out assess off at you, but you didn't hear that from me.)

Technically, if I recall correctly, someone holding an active TS is not suppose to even divulge that fact unless there is a need to know.

||bit
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 05:24:43 AM

Yet, you've made this conversation about me, and made up things about me ("caught in a lie" vs. "proven wrong in his assumptions about another person") rather than address the questions about your company.

No, you made it about you when you lied.  Lets check your lie again, and we'll go over what a lie is, since you seem to be of the Bill Clinton persuasion when it comes to the definition of words:

You didn't hold a clearance of any import.  I'm guessing if you did, it was secret at best.  Stop exaggerating.

You made a factual statement: "You didn't hold a clearance of any import."  You then made another statement: "I'm guessing if you did, it was secret at best."

Now, I could see where you might be able to wriggle out of the liar moniker for the second statement... but the first one is a factual statement about a subject you either:

A) Had no knowledge of, therefore making a factual statement about is a falsehood.
B) Had knowledge of, knew to be inaccurate, and thus perpetrated a falsehood.  

In either case, it was a lie.  You lied.  Own up to it like a man at least.  You, sir are a liar, plain and simple.  Given the fact that you've lied about your own security clearance and then proceeded to lie about mine, I wonder what else you're lying about.  You've already admitted to lying to your wife through omission (or is that also a lie?) Are you a serial liar or something?

Lets pick a couple of your quotes just to point out the lies of omission you tell (or not as the case may be) your wife regularly:

I cannot knowingly associate with convicted criminals who have engaged in crimes of moral turpitude, especially those involving money.

I really don't care about my background check (which was embarrassing enough), I care about the impact to my wife's ability to prosecute FRAUD by knowingly associating with convicted scammers.

Some people get away with not doing this, but my wife is called "The Rule Monkey" in her agency and I am not joking when I say that if I were to commit a crime, she would cut me loose.

I did trade with pirate, and in retrospect, much like imsaguy (without the PPT), looking back on what started innocently enough, it's pretty darned obvious I should have been more careful.

So... does she know you lie to her regularly?  Does she know you associate with criminals? 

PS - Please point out what I'm diverting attention from?  What questions in this thread that are on topic have I failed to answer?  Oh, that's right... none of them.  There's no attention being diverted, except you trying to divert attention away from the fact that you lie to your wife on a regular basis, you lie to the forums on a regular basis and that you've been caught and are trying to wriggle out of it on a technicality that's not working.  Good show, but I award a giant FAIL to your efforts, sorry.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:37:31 AM

I really want reeses to go now lol.

dip
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:44:07 AM

In either case, it was a lie.  You lied.  Own up to it like a man at least.  You, sir are a liar, plain and simple.  Given the fact that you've lied about your own security clearance and then proceeded to lie about mine, I wonder what else you're lying about.  You've already admitted to lying to your wife through omission (or is that also a lie?) Are you a serial liar or something?
I need to frame this quote on my wall.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 05:49:04 AM

Yes, I see you lying again.  I'm not sure that qualifies as a "difference" though?

Please provide evidence for where I lied about my company.  Are you seriously trying to deny that Sonny was involved in gaming and that the patent application does not exist?  There is ample proof of both, the fact that you are claiming there isn't is yet another lie.

I made a statement based on your lack of understanding of the vetting process for people working for the federal government.  You provided evidence to the contrary.  I admitted that there is a difference, and why I came to that conclusion.

There you go again, more lies.  MY misunderstanding?  It's YOUR misunderstand we are discussing here... you made the claim that visiting the BFL offices would put your security clearance at risk:

The only necessary one is that my wife has an insane security clearance, meaning that I have to be cleared as well.  Given what is documented about Sonny, I cannot risk her job because of a forum.  Not because she makes a lot, but because she really likes litigating and would divorce me in a hot second if I engaged in illicit activity.

I pointed out the fact that you were feeding everyone a line of bullshit, since it is bullshit.  Otherwise, why do you retain your security clearance after your association with Pirate?  This is disregarding the fact that even if there was no pirate connection with you, it's still BS.  I pointed out the fact that I actually have held a TSSCI security clearance, whereas you have not.  You called me a liar, made a claim to the contrary as if you had some sort of factual knowledge of the subject, I proved that you did not and that you lied.

Do you see the difference here?  You made claims that were demonstrably false.  I have not.  I have shown you exactly where your claims were false. I have documented them on several occasions and you continue to make false claims, but have yet to provide a single shred of evidence to support your claims.

You get really worked up, don't you?

Classic ad hominem attack when you know you've been caught red handed in a lie.  Wern't you just accusing me of that a few posts ago?  Problem is, I back up my statements with evidence, you just spew crap out and hope that people believe your BS.

Again, does your wife know you're a serial liar and have been lying to her by omission for quite awhile now?

||bit

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:55:26 AM

Keep tellin' your self that, champ.  Whatever makes you feel better about your fake clearance.

I suspect the real reason you're begging off the list is because you don't want to be made to look like an idiot in front of the whole bitcoin talk world when you're forced to admit BFL is actually producing ASICs.  It's going to be bad enough when someone else confirms it, but it would be a double blow to your poor little ego if you had to actually do the dirty work yourself.  It's ok little man, we won't laugh too much at you.  I can't wait to see the back pedaling you do after we start shipping.  

(That's not true, at least in private we will be laughing out assess off at you, but you didn't hear that from me.)

Technically, if I recall correctly, someone holding an active TS is not suppose to even divulge that fact unless there is a need to know.

||bit

NTK is pretty open to interpretation because it's implicit in so many job listings and candidate searches.  The number of TS holders is public knowledge.

I think I had missed Inaba's post before, the one you quote.  I said it wasn't reverse psychology.  You are blathering as if you offered me a shitty trip to a shitty town to visit you (wow, what a way to spend a day!), when you didn't.  I didn't turn down anything offered.  I merely recused myself for specific reasons.  You have been attempting to create a smokescreen about a tiny aspect of my reason for not going rather than addressing your issues.

Dissembling.

I understand that disclosing it is not strictly enforced. Keeping one's clearance unkown was a practice I recalled as typical long ago. It made sense. After all, if a foreign agent wanted to screen for people that have access to information of TS nature, someone advertising their clearance is only helping them. Now they can work on ways to compromise that person. Therefore, at the least, it should be treated as confidential.

FWIW: http://govwin.com/lindleyashline_blog/should-you-disclose-your-security/99543

||bit
||bit

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:29:30 AM

Please don't turn this into a flame fest or some other off topic discussion.  I will lock the thread and promptly forget about it if so.

I would like to know what one or two individuals (in the US preferably, unless the non-US person wants to pony up a ticket) that Bitcoin Talk community would nominate and accept as credible, verifiable individuals to be flown here to KC sometime around the end of October/Beginning of November time frame to see our facility, inspect the manufacturing equipment and test out the devices.  We don't have an exact date yet as to when we would do this, but I would like to get the ball rolling as far as names in the hat and see if there's even a vague consensus on who the individual(s) might be.

I know this Inaba dude, he's in KC, but I hear he's kind of a jerk.

I'd like to volunteer to evaluate the whole BFL process & new products, and meet the people behind the scenes. I'm already on record as a skeptic of sorts (i.e. burned by a real ponzi scheme that was shut down by the FBI), and have made my share of complaints as a BFL customer. If the forum wants an analytical critic in there, I'm that guy. Read my posts from around May/June/July or August.

||bit
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:35:31 AM

Slush or Graet or Eulethria, or whoever they nominate
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 06:40:03 AM

Let me make my reasoning more succinct.

I cannot knowingly associate with convicted criminals who have engaged in crimes of moral turpitude, especially those involving money.

This is admitted to.  By coming to KC, I would have to answer to that.

And do not act the aggrieved party.  Grow a pair and man up.  You're better than this.
Didn't you trade with and defend on the forums pirate, who was running an obvious ponzi scam?

I did trade with pirate, and in retrospect, much like imsaguy (without the PPT), looking back on what started innocently enough, it's pretty darned obvious I should have been more careful.

This is the first time ever that I see you admit being wrong.

The fact you almost never admit it is precisely why people draw you into endless arguments. Case in point: your argument with Inaba right here. If you recognize this, you may have a chance to improve your reputation...
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:35:17 AM

A cockmongering buffoon.Now THAT'S FUNNY  Grin

I thought you would do better than that Tongue

So,in other words,you didn't tell her about silk road or money luandering.Shame on you  Angry

I didn't want to be too mean, because you actually raised some valid points.  But most people who don't like me feel that way because I enjoy mixing completely inappropriate and improbable insults in with my posts.

I know almost nothing about Silk Road and have never visited it, but I do know it exists and apparently has a lot of BTC.  I'm not really that interested in it.  I do know about the money laundering capabilities because I have a background with MSBs and the AML/KYC stuff that a number of the growing businesses have had to deal with.  However, again, I've never had a discussion about these with my wife because a) she'd find it boring and b) it's the same as dealing with just about anything on the Internet, especially involving money.

I can't go for a couple reasons.  The only necessary one is that my wife has an insane security clearance, meaning that I have to be cleared as well.  Given what is documented about Sonny, I cannot risk her job because of a forum.  Not because she makes a lot, but because she really likes litigating and would divorce me in a hot second if I engaged in illicit activity.  Undecided  

Now hold on,you said you told her all there is to know about Bitcoin,but not about the bad stuff,because "she would be bored".But her job could be in jeopardy if they did find out,right??

So,in other words IF something were to happen & she lost her job because of this info coming to light,she would say you lied to her,dontcha think??

BTW,be as mean as want,it matters not in the least to me.You rank up there with mem & desolator as far I'm concerned.

He's also posted 386 times before that one, and never once mentioned his questionable past. See the difference?

Very clever  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:40:18 AM

Death & Taxes
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:46:47 AM

I vote for yochdog, death and taxes, graet, joelkatz, pyramining, or etotheipi. I would also trust reeses to do this but whatever.

Inaba, very cool thread and sorry it turned into a flame thread anyway. If any of these got to inspect the progress and had good things to say, I would seriously consider getting into mining and placing an order with BFL.
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:13:20 AM

Without trying to be too shameless, I would like to throw in a vote for myself.

Been mining for about a year at ~5GH/sec
  Haven't owned anything BFL but do have some gear on order
  Not an expert with enginnering or programming but can do some webdesign and run two businesses (photography and data processing)
  Used to covering business and conventions as Press and familiar with reporting and objectinate in reviews.
  In the midwest so travel wouldn't be (as) far.

I can supply:
  Kill-A-Watt
  If driving - my full tower.  If flying - a standard laptop
  Canon 5DII and 24-105 f/4 / 70-200 f/2.8 / 1080p video / shotgun mic / tripod etc.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: