Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:53:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Monero replace Bitcoin soon?  (Read 33653 times)
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:28:08 AM

No, Monero can't replace Bitcoin soon, people need to understand that investment in Bitcoin is very huge and there is a reason Why it is valued close to $10 billion and all Altcoins are valued arround $2 billion, Is possible for one of this Altcoins to reach $10 billion but it first needs to match Bitcoin investment level. Once Rostock become up and running is going to create a huge gulf between Bitcoin and Altcoins.

However, Bitcoin will probably remain just a currency for investments while Monero will be the real cryptocurrency that we'll use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:56:48 AM

No, Monero can't replace Bitcoin soon, people need to understand that investment in Bitcoin is very huge and there is a reason Why it is valued close to $10 billion and all Altcoins are valued arround $2 billion, Is possible for one of this Altcoins to reach $10 billion but it first needs to match Bitcoin investment level. Once Rostock become up and running is going to create a huge gulf between Bitcoin and Altcoins.

However, Bitcoin will probably remain just a currency for investments while Monero will be the real cryptocurrency that we'll use.
We?Who do you mean by we?maybe you're just making jokes, opening your eyes to the fact,dude. Monero and bitcoin are not having differences and that is just a currency for investment. maybe some people will say like that but for me, that is just a bullshit.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:25:27 AM

We?Who do you mean by we?maybe you're just making jokes, opening your eyes to the fact,dude. Monero and bitcoin are not having differences and that is just a currency for investment. maybe some people will say like that but for me, that is just a bullshit.

You cannot  closed the fact that some impossible things will be happen and i think any coin would provably surpass another coin if it can gather some global support and devs development plan in the future, and i think their difference for now is bitcoin has wide market with merchant accepting it slowly but for monero i don't see any adoption on merchant's or if it have just post it here, and that is the difference what i've seen for them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 02:17:26 PM

That is where the side coins and colored coins that have these things built into the GUI's and wallets comes into play.  Instead of dropping back to paper contracts and FIAT, the user pushes the necessary funds and fees into something like Monero and easily does what would have taken hours of learning, maybe days on the main chain.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
psomas2

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:04:26 AM

The number of people who are interested in privacy is small. It is limited to some paranoid people (who may have a genuine reason for being paranoid) and those who are operating outside the law (buying stuff on the darknets).

Sure Monero might take away some of the dark business from bitcoin. But it can't scale beyond that. Remember, bitcoin was king of the darknets in 2012 - it had the whole market to itself. And BTC had a small marketcap at the time, because that is what the whole darknet market looks like - small in the grand scheme of things. Offline, cash is still king. Online a cryptocurrency needs to go mainstream to grow.

do you know what 'fungibility' is?

I dont. Can you explain it to me please.

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:29:20 AM

I dont. Can you explain it to me please.

Use the google man.. Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungibility

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:03:05 AM

You cannot  closed the fact that some impossible things will be happen and i think any coin would provably surpass another coin if it can gather some global support and devs development plan in the future, and i think their difference for now is bitcoin has wide market with merchant accepting it slowly but for monero i don't see any adoption on merchant's or if it have just post it here, and that is the difference what i've seen for them.
Maybe from the 10 impossible things just some percentage like 1,2,3 impossible thing will happened, surpass the another coin will be happen but maybe if thinking about xmr will surpassing bitcoin and when that is will happened?it's not relevan in my personality.

In this time XMR just becoming an alternative coins for traders and i never seeing the another things is more than just be an alternative coins.
Someone in here ever seeing the monero is more than just be an alternative coins like becoming a goods payment or another?

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Natilam

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:04:52 AM

.... potential replacement for bitcoin. We all thought it was litecoin.

You all thought is was litecoin maybe. Litecoin is so much a clone of Bitcoin such that any fatal flaw in Bitcoin will also be a fatal flaw in litecoin. Litecoin is pointless.

Dislodging Bitcoin is a difficult task but not unachievable. However, currencies like Dogecoin or Litecoin will never be up to the task since they are fundamentally no different from their parent Bitcoin. Only the highly innovative currencies with unique features will be able to take on Bitcoin in the future.

It depends on the further development of the CryptoNote technology. If it is done properly, Monero will be big.
DarkLurker

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:21:37 AM

.... potential replacement for bitcoin. We all thought it was litecoin.

You all thought is was litecoin maybe. Litecoin is so much a clone of Bitcoin such that any fatal flaw in Bitcoin will also be a fatal flaw in litecoin. Litecoin is pointless.

Dislodging Bitcoin is a difficult task but not unachievable. However, currencies like Dogecoin or Litecoin will never be up to the task since they are fundamentally no different from their parent Bitcoin. Only the highly innovative currencies with unique features will be able to take on Bitcoin in the future.

It depends on the further development of the CryptoNote technology. If it is done properly, Monero will be big.

The CryptoNohope technology is the problem and thats why after 2 years there is still no Monero wallet.

It aint going anywhere fast.  The bitcoin protocol will win as there is many more talented developers working on that and cryptonohope will be left behind in its dust.

I see a much brighter future for alternative coins using the btc base.
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:35:01 PM

Yes, because its better

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:25:50 PM

It is because the core team has demonstrated such wisdom and responsibility in the development to date that I have great confidence in the future of Monero.  There is no other team in crypto which is comparably respectable.  Yes, there is great talent in the Bitcoin core, but the collective is dysfunctional, and the leadership is absent.  Yes, there is great talent in the Ethereum core, but the collective is corrupt, and the leadership is immature.  Monero stands out for the healthy, adaptive character of its core group dynamic, and for its consistent and mature leadership.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
xJuturna

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:58:21 PM

Don't think that's going to be possible any time soon if at all, especially within the "soon" time range. I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point but there's too many people invested in bitcoin to allow that to happen. It could be Monero, another alt coin, or a coin that hasn't even been released yet. It will be exciting to see what happens as far as BTC's competition goes.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:15:56 PM

I think it may rise, YES. But not replace BTC  Grin

Totally agree with that, cant replace BTC because do you remember the down trends when Silk road busted ? big investors want their money to be safe, imagine if monero take over BTC & rocks on illegal market and then authoritys ban Monero & draw a red line on exchanges to cash out monero, then you will have to trade your xmr for btc on shady places, where eventually they will be hacked from someone..
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:51:26 PM

come on .....wise up  Huh   bitcoin is never going to be replaced it was the 1st internet money that was good enough and thats all it takes...... theres to much money and time invested in bitcoin for it to fail now
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:23:43 PM

I am seeing the use of bitcoin on a large number of companies everywhere on internet not only for trade but as their normal currency to run their businesses and I think Monero is not that much capable and not have that much potential to take that place of bitcoin.

Hire me for your campaign management
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:24:01 PM

what do you guys think about these cryptonote technology, should we worry about it? Huh

This topic is very delusional and doesn't follow any market fundamentals  Smiley
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 05:54:07 PM

what do you guys think about these cryptonote technology, should we worry about it? Huh

This topic is very delusional and doesn't follow any market fundamentals  Smiley

It depends on if the market or the users like more anonymous transactions. So if they like, then it might replace bitcoin.
Sukovsky

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:38:16 PM

Monero is about to dump back into 'anonimity'  Grin Grin
Natilam

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:27:47 AM

Monero is about to dump back into 'anonimity'  Grin Grin

The Monero price is still above 10 dollars at the moment. I think that is a good correction after the recent price rise.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:38:38 AM

Monero will not go anywhere until it is easy to use. Anonymous coins will not become immensely popular until a significantly large amount of people are concerned enough about their privacy. I never understood what monero has that isn't in the other crypto note coins (with all respect to monero devs). All they have is more publicity and therefore a larger community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: