Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Monero replace Bitcoin soon?  (Read 33653 times)
g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:44:30 AM

Monero, maybe litecoin, maybe dogecoin, or perhaps a new currency 'will be' created and will replace 'all. Monero is an interesting alt btw
That's the whole point of crypto community. Speculation, speculation and speculation.

Any commodity price is almost all about speculation.
A friend of mine, who is making his doctoral degree/dissertion in the university of Haifa something about oil (I am not quite sure yet what is his field in this issue - and I guess he do not have full assurance himself as well since the process and reading & studying of the matter is in the beginning stage), told me once, even as much as  90 % of oil price is speculation.

I like the fact that Poloniex has started offering marginal trading. It enables more speculation to the markets and thus increases the stability of the markets. If you feel like dumping, then there are people who want to buy your coins and if you feel like buying, then there are people with marginal positions who want to fulfill your desire without causing massive panic buying to the market where some emotional people may get hurt and end up bitter and desperate bagholders.
The only problem in cryptomarket it's that there are no stable or "calm" periods. There is or PANIC SELLING, or PANIC BUYING

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:52:59 AM

Monero, maybe litecoin, maybe dogecoin, or perhaps a new currency 'will be' created and will replace 'all. Monero is an interesting alt btw
That's the whole point of crypto community. Speculation, speculation and speculation.

A friend of mine, who is making his doctoral degree/dissertion in the university of Haifa something about oil (I am not quite sure yet what is his field in this issue - and I guess he do not have full assurance himself as well since the process and reading & studying of the matter is in the beginning stage), told me once, even as much as  90 % of oil price is speculation.

I like the fact that Poloniex has started offering marginal trading. It enables more speculation to the markets and thus increases the stability of the markets. If you feel like dumping, then there are people who want to buy your coins and if you feel like buying, then there are people with marginal positions who want to fulfill your desire without causing massive panic buying to the market where some emotional people may get hurt and end up bitter and desperate bagholders.
The only problem in cryptomarket it's that there are no stable or "calm" periods. There is or PANIC SELLING, or PANIC BUYING

That's pretty much true currently.
But this is because the markets are not liquid enough.
Let's say I want to convert 10 000 usd (which doesn't even buy you a new car) worth of Moneros, it basically leads significiant red candle in the markets.
The markets need to be liquid enough to absorb selling of millions of dollars without causing panic to anyone. For this the (skillful) tradders are needed. They buy when others want to sell and sell when others want to buy, and in order to make the markets to both sides you need a significiant position of both currencies.
Like gold bullion, it is traded mainly by the central banks and therefore it is pretty liquid market and if I want to sell 1 million euros worth of gold, I could do it probably pretty easily in Helsinki selling it to a few places and the spot price is not affected at all. The same should happen to Monero. Monero needs some really wealthy people making the markets and being interested in taking it any time.
It can reach this mass if the overall trend of Monero is bullish. Anyone wants to own an asset that appreciates (it doesn't need to appreaciate 1 % per day - that's too much in the long run) but even 0.01-0.1 % daily appreciation is giving enough incentive for the rich people starting to accumulate Monero.
g3rszpi

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:16:28 AM

That's pretty much true currently.
But this is because the markets are not liquid enough.
Let's say I want to convert 10 000 usd (which doesn't even buy you a new car) worth of Moneros, it basically leads significiant red candle in the markets.
The markets need to be liquid enough to absorb selling of millions of dollars without causing panic to anyone. For this the (skillful) tradders are needed. They buy when others want to sell and sell when others want to buy, and in order to make the markets to both sides you need a significiant position of both currencies.
Yeah but most of the people around here are just some mouth-karate fighters, most of them doesn't even have 0,1btc or so
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 11:15:01 AM

mmmm canned monero.

dunno if this was in this spammy thread, but yes and no. A transparent blockchain is great for some things. An optionally transparent is great for some things. For instance, I recently used proofofexistence. Could that be done with the cryptonote blockchain? Sure, but you'd have to tell all parties involved your viewkey etc etc. With bitcoin, anyone can hash my document and see the timestamped proof on the blockchain.

things. just. evolve.

And I'm beginning to see how they'll evolve. Please forgive the politics trope, but I'm seeing the cryptocurrency world evolve into a kind of two-party system: the "Transparency Party" and the "Privacy Party." The "Transparency Party" sees crypto as a way to make frauds far more difficult to pull off in real time. The "Privacy Party" sees crypto as a way for ordinary folks to reclaim the financial privacy that's been all but lost these days.

Both are in embryo stage right now; they're not even newborns. We all know that small-time cons [relative to the penny-stock arena] aren't that difficult to pull off here. We also know that privacy-centered cryptos have almost zero reach outside of this neck of the woods. But the twin visions are settling into place: they've been "conceived."

For the ordinary bloke, just as in politics, a two-"party" system means a choice.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 11:25:26 AM

Could it replace bitcoin soon? Like it's bound to happen in the end, you know, no question about it  Grin

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:39:43 AM

Could it replace bitcoin soon? Like it's bound to happen in the end, you know, no question about it  Grin

It really depends on what do you mean by replacing bitcoin.
I think bitcoin stays around as long as there is something to mine due to block reward.
On the other hand, if you refer to marketcap, definetely Monero might indeed overtake bitcoin's dominion.
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

everyone seems to ignore the importance of a public ledger and it's possible use for endless new applications (see VC investments if you need confirms)

all this cool stuff that we can develop (and that we cannot even imagine) on blockchain cannot be done with cryptonote coins like moreno because there is no public ledger

you cannot compare bitcoin with monero because are totally different, same way you cannot compare fiat with bitcoin

that's why monero cannot replace bitcoin
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:41:41 PM

I think Bitcoin will stay as the top crypto, but I'm hoping that Monero goes up to become second in market cap.  Cool

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
g3rszpi

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:48:26 PM

I think Bitcoin will stay as the top crypto, but I'm hoping that Monero goes up to become second in market cap.  Cool
there are pretty low chances i think
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:26:48 PM

As much as I think Monero has one of the nicest looking coin icons, I don't think it'll ever be more than Bitcoin. Dash has more time in the market, so the stealth thing is already covered, and Bitcoin is a runaway train that's taking no prisoners anymore. And frankly, I think that's the way it should be. I do think Monero could end up in the top five though.
siwakotisaurav

Activity: 577
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:00:13 PM

Well if people keep asking(spamming) these questions ON a bitcoin forum, then it definetely will not. The lack of users in their own thread shows how not much people have trust on it. I don't think a coin without a good community can survive for much long, well that is just my opinion though.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 04:25:48 PM

As much as I think Monero has one of the nicest looking coin icons, I don't think it'll ever be more than Bitcoin. Dash has more time in the market, so the stealth thing is already covered, and Bitcoin is a runaway train that's taking no prisoners anymore. And frankly, I think that's the way it should be. I do think Monero could end up in the top five though.

where's the stealth? if you have a dash address, I can see how much coin you have in it. I'm so confused.

Well if people keep asking(spamming) these questions ON a bitcoin forum, then it definetely will not. The lack of users in their own thread shows how not much people have trust on it. I don't think a coin without a good community can survive for much long, well that is just my opinion though.

eh, I think we just get tired of the echo chamber. Its nice to step out and see what others think -the ones that don't actually pop into our threads.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:30:30 PM

Cross-posting FYI (Monero and his forum, some facts about the work they are doing):

No. The reality is that you have no community, no development, no markerting. It's not me saying, you can check it here:

Work in progress -> 3 threads

Funding Required -> 2 threads

You don't have any "Developers Thread" or "testing" area. Nothing. In Academic and technical you have only 9 threads!!!!

You are an absolute fraud. It's good that the real investors do some research, Monero is only a big hype.

Keep spamming, trolling and fudding hard the competition. That's the only you can do.

Please stay on topic; Where is your stuff? Development, testing, marketing, something?

You are telling me you have only your "we are superior" thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

And the speculation thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0

That's it? All the rest is fudding and spam?

My God.

Cheesy  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 04:36:09 PM

Cross-posting FYI (Monero and his forum, some facts about the work they are doing):

No. The reality is that you have no community, no development, no markerting. It's not me saying, you can check it here:

Work in progress -> 3 threads

Funding Required -> 2 threads

You don't have any "Developers Thread" or "testing" area. Nothing. In Academic and technical you have only 9 threads!!!!

You are an absolute fraud. It's good that the real investors do some research, Monero is only a big hype.

Keep spamming, trolling and fudding hard the competition. That's the only you can do.

Please stay on topic; Where is your stuff? Development, testing, marketing, something?

You are telling me you have only your "we are superior" thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

And the speculation thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0

That's it? All the rest is fudding and spam?

My God.

Cheesy  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

aleix
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:39:37 PM

This is your best and only answer?  Cheesy  Cheesy

You and your community and your coin are an ABSOLUTELY FRAUD.
8XMR

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:46:07 PM

Not really, monero and other altcoins dond have cold storage option feature.

What?

You can create a paper wallet offline and then send to it. How is that not cold storage?

Maybe its only cold if everybody can see the coins sitting there in the address Cheesy

Can use view key

8xmr.com
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 04:51:17 PM

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master  Grin

aleix
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:02:02 PM

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

I'm assuming this is a yes. Great.

For some real infomation about what is Monero you can visit: http://forum.getmonero.org

To see the Monero FUD, SPAM and trolling, you can visit Bitcointalk.

Kiss
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 05:06:54 PM

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

I'm assuming this is a yes. Great.

For some real infomation about what is Monero you can visit: http://forum.getmonero.org

To see the Monero FUD, SPAM and trolling, you can visit Bitcointalk.

Kiss

Grin https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master  Grin

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:08:37 PM

All the recent spam with Monero has scared me away as it appears their is a sense of desperation in your community.
Rather a shame as I was starting to become interested in it. I'll revisit researching Monero in another year to let this recent pump fade.

If this spam is a result of shill accounts from competing privacy coins looking to discredit Monero... your objectives have also failed as I am aware of that possibility and am staying away from your projects as well for at least a year.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: