Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:15:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts?  (Read 9185 times)
mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 02:19:09 PM

IMHO, everyone here has a coin, and no-one wants to start a new one.  We could all create something for crypto eco.  Something that Benefits all AltCoins.

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:22:27 PM

Making a coin for the sake of it doesn't seem like a great idea; a coin must have a purpose... Having said that I have a bunch of ideas and a lot of enthusiasm for trustless, decentralised models.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:30:29 AM

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

agree with microguy on this, there's a ton of older established coins with honest hard working devs and good but small communities around them, if we concentrate our efforts on these instead of just pumping out new coins, the community as a whole would be better off.

seriously the crypto community has its share of problems, but lack of coins certainly ain't one of them, so lets concentrate our efforts on problems we have.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:30:25 AM

IMHO, everyone here has a coin, and no-one wants to start a new one.  We could all create something for crypto eco.  Something that Benefits all AltCoins.

Yeah that's what I was mentioning about a type of secure gateway. I have an idea for a wallet where it isn't so much a wallet by connects securely to the Blockchains you host so you can send, receive and view your Coins remotely. Lets say you have an Android phone and want to have all your wallets and have your Coins Stake, the only way to really do that is if you are holding the entire chain but if you can just connect to where you do have it hosted then you aren't using the resources so you could remotely send, receive and use many different Coins not just one.
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:51:56 PM

Yeah that's what I was mentioning about a type of secure gateway. I have an idea for a wallet where it isn't so much a wallet by connects securely to the Blockchains you host so you can send, receive and view your Coins remotely. Lets say you have an Android phone and want to have all your wallets and have your Coins Stake, the only way to really do that is if you are holding the entire chain but if you can just connect to where you do have it hosted then you aren't using the resources so you could remotely send, receive and use many different Coins not just one.

We could create a front end to an RPi with BTC, then program in exchanges for universal coin access.  Some type of HTML5 so it works on all devices.  Not sure how to teach the Novice User dynamic dns and certificates.  Is there a plug and play option for the networking?

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:18:34 PM

IMHO, everyone here has a coin, and no-one wants to start a new one.  We could all create something for crypto eco.  Something that Benefits all AltCoins.

We could create a front end to an RPi with BTC, then program in exchanges for universal coin access.  Some type of HTML5 so it works on all devices.  Not sure how to teach the Novice User dynamic dns and certificates.  Is there a plug and play option for the networking?

That seems like it would be a bit too complicated, if it's to be used then it would need to be all put together as one script and easy to understand for the very non-tech people.

For instance, last year I was given an autosend program for windows that was made by the guy that was did the swap for ADT. This program works with any Coin in that it hooks into the RPC so you would just have a wallet running and can autosend to addresses with whatever amounts and intervals you want. The program itself never needs to be updated, just uses info from the .conf file and works with any Coin.

What would you have for ideas for creating some types of similar tools with expanded sets?
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 10:52:20 PM

I think we are on the right track, do you have a GIT we can work from?

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:20:56 PM

I'll need a few days atleast because I have backend stuff I need to work on first for paycon. That is only an example of the kind of idea I'm going for and probably the best kind of thing multiple people can work on rather than to go for coin specific kind of stuff.

If OP wants to do a Coin with people, should just get together with some friends and come up with a plan and hardfork or additions to an existing Coin.
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:43:12 AM

Not going to lie, I'd many entrepreneurs from BCT got together to create their own altcoin, I would certainly hop on and invest in it.
StudyEconomics

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:25:19 AM

I'll need a few days atleast because I have backend stuff I need to work on first for paycon. That is only an example of the kind of idea I'm going for and probably the best kind of thing multiple people can work on rather than to go for coin specific kind of stuff.

If OP wants to do a Coin with people, should just get together with some friends and come up with a plan and hardfork or additions to an existing Coin.

Your begging for help on your shitcoin is cute.  Nobody fucking cares about CON and nobody cares about a bunch of douchebag "heros" trying to create yet ANOTHER shitcoin.

Give it up ladies.  Your ideas aren't even original.

Spam thread
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 04:46:36 AM

Your begging for help on your shitcoin is cute.  Nobody fucking cares about CON and nobody cares about a bunch of douchebag "heros" trying to create yet ANOTHER shitcoin.

He is only in it for the addnodes. Tongue

It seems there are no working addnodes now.

asking a few of the guys of who wants to add some nodes for Col 1.52, all my nodes are tied up at the moment

g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:27:03 AM

there was already to much "community driven" coins
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 07:27:17 AM

We definitely need a SpoetnikCoin

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 08:10:17 AM

A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. By way of selling goods, trading altcoins etc. My thoughts are for some of the powerplayers to come together and create a new altcoin that makes some real profit for all of us involved and also for the rest of the community, I want this coin to leave all the others in the dust. I want this coin to be cutting edge and provide great features to the crypto ecosystem and be a real competitor in the space.

To be involved in this project you have to have some seniority in the bitcointalk community (or bitcoin community in general) and you need to have 5 bitcoins to put towards the project to show your serious (These terms may be able to be waived if you have some other extremely useful skill) . Note* I will not be controlling other group members bitcoins so you don't need to have any fear in me scamming you.

So what do you say? Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Some people say the glory days of altcoins are over, I say they've just begun. Leave a reply and message me if you're interested.

This is such a great idea that it's already being done:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg8737736#msg8737736

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:06:04 AM

He is only in it for the addnodes. Tongue

It seems there are no working addnodes now.

asking a few of the guys of who wants to add some nodes for Col 1.52, all my nodes are tied up at the moment

Those that complain are the ones that can't do it themselves, either come up with some ideas and add intelligently to the discussion or don't bother contributing at all. Half the battle is tact and working positively with solutions, not trying to slander everything and everyone.

Maybe mudder will join with xpy Grin

Join ? Try, he probably cloned XPY. lol

Fyi, mudder's first staged shitcoin war was IFC vs IFCv2/COL. When they wouldn't/couldn't come up with the 200+ LTC client fix/update, he cloned IFCv2 as a direct response.

Which is probably part of your baseless claims you continually make based on no evidence, and there is a lot of these kinds of posts since you followed me around for an entire year claiming I was muddafudda.

So let's get back on topic and come up with ideas that can benefit everyone?
g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:59:50 PM

i dont think so that many people have ever created a coin. I think 80% of the cryptos are made by the same 10 person. IMO
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:54:48 PM

It could be distributed initially how POM "Proof of Member".
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:07:30 PM

What about a trustless, decentralised ripple for altcoins?
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:42:06 AM

i dont think so that many people have ever created a coin. I think 80% of the cryptos are made by the same 10 person. IMO

Stop reading my mind ! Tongue

mudderfudder is at least one of those 10. lmao .. lest we forget his candygirls .. ROLF

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:04:40 AM

What about a trustless, decentralised ripple for altcoins?

Possibly would be to work together to create a ledger type system that could be implemented into current Coins.

The thing here is that people do not want more Coins so the options can be that if a group of people wanted, they could takeover a current dead Coin which would reward a number of current investors, collaborate around some current and running Coin/s, or work on things or projects that can universally benefit many Coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: