Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:12:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Monero Spam. What's the worst part for you?
It's just shit. The End. - 16 (26.2%)
They spam BCT and disrespect everyone and call it marketing - 13 (21.3%)
Geeks telling you something called "Monero" is cool - 2 (3.3%)
Feeling awkard when devs say theres a lot of progress but the wallet wasn't updated for 8 months - 5 (8.2%)
Pretending Bytecoin copy with no GUI or features is some big unique project with lots of changes - 4 (6.6%)
Monero spam is not annoying, if you buy now it can go up 10,000x and become a Billionaire. - 20 (32.8%)
NEW: Spamming RajRambo's anti-Monero-spam thread with Monero spam. - 1 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero SPAM - RESULTS: What's the worst part? VOTE  (Read 2137 times)
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:34:04 PM

This is for the normal people.

If you are tired of Monero spam and taking over BCT say why.

<snip>

Hey - big thanks to the OP for taking the time to create a new account and advertise for Monero. Not sure if everyone's heard about it, but it's got some pretty cool innovations and just a little bit fairer distribution than BCN. Always appreciate someone taking to time to learn about and discuss innovation in cryptocurrency.

RajRambo (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:18:18 PM

<snip>

Hey - big thanks to the OP for taking the time to create a new account and advertise for Monero. Not sure if everyone's heard about it, but it's got some pretty cool innovations and just a little bit fairer distribution than BCN. Always appreciate someone taking to time to learn about and discuss innovation in cryptocurrency.

sorry to break it to you, everyone in Crypto knows about Monero already dude.  People aren't as dumb as Monero community say they are. They just made their decision to buy or not like 12 months ago and tired of the spam.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:28:55 PM

<snip>

sorry to break it to you, everyone in Crypto knows about Monero already dude.  People aren't as dumb as Monero community say they are. They just made their decision to buy or not like 12 months ago and tired of the spam.

Welcome to Monero! I recommend to buy coins instead of complaining on forums. This coin is over 1 year old and still around so probably it will be around in the coming decades as well.
The energy you are using to trolling Monero you could use to buy Moneros and forget the coins and look how much a Monero costs in 5+ yrs from now. Wether you are rich or you are more or less in the same position you would be anyways.  Kiss
RajRambo (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:39:03 PM

<snip>

Welcome to Monero! I recommend to buy coins instead of complaining on forums. This coin is over 1 year old and still around so probably it will be around in the coming decades as well.
The energy you are using to trolling Monero you could use to buy Moneros and forget the coins and look how much a Monero costs in 5+ yrs from now. Wether you are rich or you are more or less in the same position you would be anyways.  Kiss

Why would anyone want to buy something people are so desperate to sell?

If it had value you would just keep it to yourself.  

Same like ads that say "I make $20,000 in one month, send me $5 and I tell you how"

It's really obvious you are bagholder trying to get new ponzis into your pyramid scheme, thats what it looks like anyway.  
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:45:29 PM

<snip>

The energy you are using to trolling Monero you could use to buy Moneros and forget the coins and look how much a Monero costs in 5+ yrs from now. Wether you are rich or you are more or less in the same position you would be anyways.  Kiss

Same like ads that say "I make $20,000 in one month, send me $5 and I tell you how"

It's really obvious you are bagholder trying to get new ponzis into your pyramid scheme, thats what it looks like anyway.  

No, I want you to become rich as well.
The Monero is going to be big. You want it or not but it will happen.
We are not asking it from you if Monero will take over the world, but we are giving you an invitation to join to the good side.
Monero is honest coin - no premines, we even kept the emission as it was even if we could have cut it down and make the coin owners immediately rich. We are here for long haul. Monero will be around after years and decades.
This is a long run marathon, not a quick way to make money but it makes slowly slowly the coin owners a new wealthy elite.
RajRambo (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

<snip>

We are not asking it from you if Monero will take over the world, but we are giving you an invitation to join to the good side.
Monero is honest coin - no premines, we even kept the emission as it was even if we could have cut it down and make the coin owners immediately rich. We are here for long haul. Monero will be around after years and decades.
This is a long run marathon, not a quick way to make money but it makes slowly slowly the coin owners a new wealthy elite.

LOL ok if you say so.

You should change Monero thread title to "This one weird tip helped me make $1,000,000 in 1 month. CLICK HERE!". then you link them to Poloniex.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:04:19 PM

<snip>

LOL ok if you say so.

You should change Monero thread title to "This one weird tip helped me make $1,000,000 in 1 month. CLICK HERE!". then you link them to Poloniex.

If I am not mistaken (correct me if I am wrong) but Monero has not made anyone a millionaire even in 1 year. The price is not high, it is at the low-end of its trading range.
Also, bear in mind, the emission is declining fast and once the minimum block reward hits and emission dries, many current Monero owner can easily drive the price to sky
RajRambo (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:06:12 PM

<snip>

LOL ok if you say so.

If I am not mistaken (correct me if I am wrong) but Monero has not made anyone a millionaire even in 1 year. The price is not high, it is at the low-end of its trading range.
Also, bear in mind, the emission is declining fast and once the minimum block reward hits and emission dries, many current Monero owner can easily drive the price to sky

it sounds good.. does it do penis enlargement too?  weight loss?
canth
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:56:53 PM

it sounds good.. does it do penis enlargement too?  weight loss?

Both those sound better than making new accounts for useless threads. You've successfully trolled this forum with a useless thread...please stop.

poloskarted

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:39:37 PM

Whilst I do hold some XMR and consider it infinitely more innovative and deserving of a 2nd place than LTC, and somewhat unfortunately the only cryptonote candidate likely to be successful due to network effect (much to the chagrin of cryptonotes developers, who I suspect had a completely different vision of how things would unfold)  , as mentioned earlier by another poster it becomes tedious to open up this section and find that 20 topics contain the word monero.. that's goddamn more than half .. of all threads..54% fucking percent of all posts on first page are about Monero, this coin might as well have it's own board... I have been on this forum for a LONG time , since it was hosted on bitcoin.org, and since the introduction of alt section have never seen as much single coin mentioned so many times, by so few.. .  If the market cap reflected it's popularity things might be different but as it stands it just seems like overreach

^^   Huh

If I can be so bold to issue some constructive criticism without being branded a "jealous hater": is threads like this are actually doing a disservice, not a promotion: "Re: For Monero Haters"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126063.0

It's threads like this that create "Monero Haters".

This... I don't want to dig though 10 threads on the first page to find something interesting, non monero
. You are hurting monero this way..

I also agree.  I was buying XMR when it was MRO OTC and months after then seemed to be the peak hype, since then the market perfomance hasn't been stellar, nor has the barrier to entry been lowered dramatically whilst retaining decentralized virtues. I would say keep it in stealth mode until the kinks are ironed out then bring it to prime time but everyone and their dog here already knows about monero. It's impossible to ignore!!
so I still can't understand why there's so many topics preaching to the choir and not consolidated into one mega-thread. It's obnoxious and creating bad PR.

I'm really not even sure whether it's a tactic by shorters or accumulators to drive the price down with a flurry of  OTT faux-fanboyism,
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:01:58 PM

Whilst I do hold some XMR and consider it infinitely more innovative and deserving of a 2nd place than LTC, and somewhat unfortunately the only cryptonote candidate likely to be successful due to network effect (much to the chagrin of cryptonotes developers, who I suspect had a completely different vision of how things would unfold)  , as mentioned earlier by another poster it becomes tedious to open up this section and find that 20 topics contain the word monero.. that's goddamn more than half .. of all threads..54% fucking percent of all posts on first page are about Monero, this coin might as well have it's own board... I have been on this forum for a LONG time , since it was hosted on bitcoin.org, and since the introduction of alt section have never seen as much single coin mentioned so many times, by so few.. .  If the market cap reflected it's popularity things might be different but as it stands it just seems like overreach

^^   Huh

If I can be so bold to issue some constructive criticism without being branded a "jealous hater": is threads like this are actually doing a disservice, not a promotion: "Re: For Monero Haters"

This... I don't want to dig though 10 threads on the first page to find something interesting, non monero

I also agree.  I was buying XMR when it was MRO OTC and months after then seemed to be the peak hype, since then the market perfomance hasn't been stellar, nor has the barrier to entry been lowered dramatically whilst retaining decentralized virtues. I would say keep it in stealth mode until the kinks are ironed out then bring it to prime time but everyone and their dog here already knows about monero. It's impossible to ignore!!
so I still can't understand why there's so many topics preaching to the choir and not consolidated into one mega-thread. It's obnoxious and creating bad PR.

I'm really not even sure whether it's a tactic by shorters or accumulators to drive the price down with a flurry of  OTT faux-fanboyism,

It's a psychological attack on Monero. Unfortunately these kinda things happen from time to time. No-one really knows for sure who is behind it, whether it is from a jealous DASH investor or whether it is from someone simply trying to push the XMR price down so they can buy in. Either way, it is frustrating for the genuine Monero community because there is little we can do about it. If we reply to each post (e.g as I have done here) then we contribute to the spam, giving it life. However, if we ignore it, then what is essentially a nefarious entity is temporarily in control over Monero's image. I wish I knew the solution to this ongoing problem. With any luck, the intellect of most BCT readers is high enough to discern fakery from reality.
RajRambo (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:39:38 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aB8XVPo.png

^^   Huh

It's a psychological attack on Monero. Unfortunately these kinda things happen from time to time. No-one really knows for sure who is behind it, whether it is from a jealous DASH investor or whether it is from someone simply trying to push the XMR price down so they can buy in. Either way, it is frustrating for the genuine Monero community because there is little we can do about it. If we reply to each post (e.g as I have done here) then we contribute to the spam, giving it life. However, if we ignore it, then what is essentially a nefarious entity is temporarily in control over Monero's image. I wish I knew the solution to this ongoing problem. With any luck, the intellect of most BCT readers is high enough to discern fakery from reality.

really?  Seems like a lot of it is Monero bagholders promising fabulous wealth if you just buy some and move them to your CLI wallet.  Who knows.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 06:01:59 PM

Maybe some newbie accounts or some reverse monero supporter shills should stop acting like the XMR Community opened these threads.... look at the XMR Ann thread and at the Monero Speculation Thread for those that are supporters ... i guarentee that you will not find anybody besides TC, icebreaker and maybe generalizethis...

This thread with another Newbie Account is just another sign some one has an agenda... wish there were IP Bans to stop most of Sock-Puppets at once...

Just one vote was this you?

Feeling awkard when devs say theres a lot of progress but the wallet wasn't updated for 8 months

If you think so https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master... i saw lots of progress... and i even compiled it myself with some help.

last release was December 2014 https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/releases

I was going through the spam threads, and this just caused me to chuckle, especially because of your "just a Bytecoin clone" voting option.

https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/releases - they haven't done anything for 14 months, by your definition. Right?

And I guess 1000+ commits by 28 active contributors (including a commit by Bitcoin's lead developer) is no progress?

RajRambo (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:16:05 PM

Maybe some newbie accounts or some reverse monero supporter shills should stop acting like the XMR Community opened these threads.... look at the XMR Ann thread and at the Monero Speculation Thread for those that are supporters ... i guarentee that you will not find anybody besides TC, icebreaker and maybe generalizethis...

This thread with another Newbie Account is just another sign some one has an agenda... wish there were IP Bans to stop most of Sock-Puppets at once...

Just one vote was this you?

Feeling awkard when devs say theres a lot of progress but the wallet wasn't updated for 8 months

If you think so https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master... i saw lots of progress... and i even compiled it myself with some help.

last release was December 2014 https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/releases

I was going through the spam threads, and this just caused me to chuckle, especially because of your "just a Bytecoin clone" voting option.

https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/releases - they haven't done anything for 14 months, by your definition. Right?

And I guess 1000+ commits by 28 active contributors (including a commit by Bitcoin's lead developer) is no progress?

I thought you didn't release a new wallet since last december, am I wrong?

you're thread title says "[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - 0.8.8.6"

so when was V0.8.8.6 released then?
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:21:02 PM

Have yallz seen what Peter Todd has to say about Monero ?  Cool

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/622022840330682368
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 08:49:37 PM

you're thread title says "[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - 0.8.8.6"

0.8.8.6 is the latest stable release. I'll quote from the project README on Github so you can understand:

"As with many development projects, the repository on Github is considered to be the "staging" area for the latest changes. Before changes are merged into that branch on the main repository, they are tested by individual developers, committed to the "development" branch, and then subsequently tested by contributors who focus on thorough testing and code reviews. That having been said, the repository should be carefully considered before using it in a production environment, unless there is a patch in the repository for a particular show-stopping issue you are experiencing. It is generally a better idea to use a tagged release for stability."

RajRambo (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:18:55 PM

0.8.8.6 is the latest stable release. I'll quote from the project README on Github so you can understand:

"As with many development projects, the repository on Github is considered to be the "staging" area for the latest changes. Before changes are merged into that branch on the main repository, they are tested by individual developers, committed to the "development" branch, and then subsequently tested by contributors who focus on thorough testing and code reviews. That having been said, the repository should be carefully considered before using it in a production environment, unless there is a patch in the repository for a particular show-stopping issue you are experiencing. It is generally a better idea to use a tagged release for stability."

Like I said then, no release for 8+ months.
canth
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:35:52 PM

And yet the price has stayed stable and interest has been maintained. Perhaps XMR holders are just a bit more impatient than the pump crowd.

RajRambo (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:45:51 PM

And yet the price has stayed stable and interest has been maintained. Perhaps XMR holders are just a bit more impatient than the pump crowd.

Fuckin Monero spam, on my thread for people tired of Monero spam.

Are you serious bro? Huh

https://i.imgur.com/3R4xBcQ.jpg
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 09:52:28 PM

Speaking of stable prices: that last time I saw a board flood like today's, Monero was topping out at ~0.04. It's at the bottom of its historical trading range as of now. Whether or not there's a loose correlation between the board flood and trend changes, I can't say. But I was wondering...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: