Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GE] Greed Evolved • HiPOS & POW Hybrid • Inflation Blocking • Super Blocks!  (Read 20696 times)
foold

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Hello there ! :D

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:30:03 AM

It sounds crap to be honest.

Try

Honest Dev but lacking real vision but nonetheless Greedy and self-absorbed trivial bag of crap that will be dead in a year Coin.

You never know

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:55:31 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 05:16:39 AM by Greed Dev

It sounds crap to be honest.

Try

Honest Dev but lacking real vision but nonetheless Greedy and self-absorbed trivial bag of crap that will be dead in a year Coin.

You never know

Little bit long, but it does roll off the tongue nicely.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
SushiNoTomato

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:46:41 PM

Another rebranding ? Wow 3 times it will be and just to get on one particular exchange because they don't like your coin how it is currently and will only "look" at it if you do so.
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 05:46:22 PM

Another rebranding ? Wow 3 times it will be and just to get on one particular exchange because they don't like your coin how it is currently and will only "look" at it if you do so.

If a change for the better, why not  Smiley
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:02:11 PM

I'm not rebranding for Bittrex. I'm creating a new coin and upgrading holders of older projects to the new project instead of creating and abandoning a bunch of bagholders.

As long as we can trade somewhere it doesn't really matter if they add us. People just like Bittrex is all so why not try to fit the mold Bittrex likes.

We are upgrading to a better coin, with completely different specs that's meant to be more sustainable. Greed and GE were fun and interesting, but were really just designed as games for bored traders.

Personally I think that's better than leaving a bunch of people behind with bags, when instead they could continue to be valuable community members as we evolve.

Nobody likes being the one left holding the bag..

HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:54:03 PM

I like the changes. I think the name change is good and appeals to traders, which is the core of the coin.

Are you guys expecting him to release some bullshit anon road map or something ridiculous? What could possibly be better than another chain?

I think it's clear that the challenge is keeping the fun, speculative nature of the coin alive without having to swap chains to reduce supply. It sounds like that is what the dev is attempting with the next chain so I say, go for it.
shapetwist

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:16:11 PM

I like the changes. I think the name change is good and appeals to traders, which is the core of the coin.

Are you guys expecting him to release some bullshit anon road map or something ridiculous? What could possibly be better than another chain?

I think it's clear that the challenge is keeping the fun, speculative nature of the coin alive without having to swap chains to reduce supply. It sounds like that is what the dev is attempting with the next chain so I say, go for it.

Absolutely.

I wonder when these pre-formatted roadmaps cease to exist. People want innovation, something new to direct their investments to.
The idea is great, I'm curious how it plays out. For now, I'll be on the look.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
ukon

Activity: 336

SPYCE | Rise of Web 3.0 - www.decenternet.com

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:21:53 PM

GE game over Huh   Huh Undecided

██
████
██████
██ ██ ██
██  ██  ██
████████████████████████████████
██           ████           ██
██        ██ ██ ██        ██
██      ██  ██  ██      ██
██    ██   ██   ██    ██
██  ██   ████   ██  ██
██████  ██    ██  ██████
██  █████        █████  ██
██ ▄█ ████████████████ █▄ ██
██ ▄█   ██          ██   █▄ ██
████████████        ████████████
██      ██
██    ██
██  ██
████
██
SPYCE

r

▄▄▄▄
        ▄████████▄
     ▄██████████▀▀██▄
  ▄██████████▀    █████▄
▄██████████▄      ███████▄
███████▀ ████▄    ████████
████▀    ███████▄ ████████
██       █████████████████
████▄    ███████▀ ████████
███████▄ ████▀    ████████
▀██████████▀      ███████▀
  ▀██████████▄    █████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄██▀
        ▀████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:31:18 AM

Nah. Making solid progress. I'll push out an update tomorrow. It's looking good.  Wink

gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:41:22 AM

Nah. Making solid progress. I'll push out an update tomorrow. It's looking good.  Wink

We are waiting for news.

It promises to be very interesting  Smiley
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:11:35 AM

I think we wold all love to see some element of gaming in the
new coin even if it is only a minor part. You were right that we all
needed some fun! Be excited whatever you choose to do. You
have gained my trust and support.
murderouskirk

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:26:24 AM

Bitr8er

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:27:40 AM

Can you give us a estimate of when you think the coin will (re)-launch?
ukon

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:27:32 PM

why my balance in the wallet tell yourself
I never send to another address
after the virus was detected balance all sent to the address '' FBnwP2fj96fNq6xcGgjeyQ3WXNPEsfodd7 ''

██
████
██████
██ ██ ██
██  ██  ██
██    ██   ██   ██    ██
██  ██   ████   ██  ██
██████  ██    ██  ██████
██      ██
██    ██
██  ██
████
██
SPYCE

r

▄▄▄▄
        ▄████████▄
     ▄██████████▀▀██▄
  ▄██████████▀    █████▄
  ▀██████████▄    █████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄██▀
        ▀████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀
ukon

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:29:54 PM

trans ID 76966cbca59ade776044b65481886b60a5f1d8df5ee087172c5fa64d2f78d8bf

██
████
██████
██ ██ ██
██  ██  ██
██    ██   ██   ██    ██
██  ██   ████   ██  ██
██████  ██    ██  ██████
██      ██
██    ██
██  ██
████
██
SPYCE

r

▄▄▄▄
        ▄████████▄
     ▄██████████▀▀██▄
  ▄██████████▀    █████▄
  ▀██████████▄    █████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄██▀
        ▀████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:00:23 PM

Writing the update. Will post shortly.

Ukon, I've messaged you back on twitter in regards to your post.

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:45:22 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 02:59:31 PM by Greed Dev

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Figure out if said specs are possible in theory (and if I can do it with my skillset)
[] Build the coin base
[] Initial proof of concept tests (make sure the new ideas work as intended)
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Get assets from web designer (Wallet images, thread images, website images, promotional images)
[] Use assets to prepare wallet, thread, and website.
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

So I'm excited to be able to say that I've made enough progress to release the reward specs for swing. The initial proof of concept tests have passed, meaning I should be able to finalize swing to the specs posted below.

So basically, POS rewards = 1% of the last 3 digits of the block count.

POW is the same, only there is a multiplier. It's factored by taking the number in the thousandth place and multiplying it by 10, and the result is the percentage of POS miners get.

I need to come up with a way to explain it better by launch but the chart should help.

So for example, on block 8532:

POS reward = 5.32
POW reward = 80% of 5.32 = 4.256

The only deviation is when the thousandth place is 0. Rather than have miners earn nothing they earn 100%.

So the supply will inflate at a maximum rate of (roughly) 2500 coins per day, and 912,500 coins per year. (Keeping in mind that's the max, if every block was POS)

I've opted to pay a web designer to do the assets for me this time around. I think a professional look and feel can go a long way. He is shooting to get the artwork done by the 14th, but I told him it's ok to overshoot by a few days if it means higher quality work. I would love to launch by this weekend. If I can wrap everything up and get the assets in time I will try to. However, that's just an ideal date. I don't want to give any hard dates as I know how awful they can be for markets when things get delayed and dates are missed. However, I'm currently hoping to launch sometime this month without much issue.

Thanks for the continued support guys. You're all awesome. I hope everyone likes the direction swing is taking. The "game" aspect has been pulled back and will be a lot less intense, but I think there is still a lot of room for strategy. This design makes for longevity unlike the others, and continues our tradition of hard coded speculation points which I'm pretty excited to see play out.

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:55:58 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 03:08:25 PM by Greed Dev

On a less happy note. It would appear there is a hacker stealing greed coins. I got one single report of Greed being stolen way back in the first game, and this morning I got a report of someone's GE being stolen. You guys may have noticed it dump on the exchange.

It should be noted that the GE wallet was not password protected, and it's not known how access was gained.

About 12,400 GE was stolen and dumped from one of our bigger supporters that's been with us since the start.

I'm currently working with him on getting things secured so he has a safe GE wallet.

I plan to send him some of my own holdings to help make up for his loss.

If you would like to help, donations can be sent to FNwFiwB8pSZcavHodyEUVXLjxk6ZmHEskM and will be held on my machine till we think it's safe for him to receive them. Any amount of GE is sincerely appreciated by the both of us. If nothing comes in, that's ok too.

Please remember to password protect your wallets guys, there are a lot of crypto hackers out there.

On the bright side, the moron dumped the majority of it at 214 sats just hours before this update. So he got very little for it, and one of you got a very very lucky buy.

andrepierre

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:17:29 PM

On a less happy note. It would appear there is a hacker stealing greed coins. I got one single report of Greed being stolen way back in the first game, and this morning I got a report of someone's GE being stolen. You guys may have noticed it dump on the exchange.

It should be noted that the GE wallet was not password protected, and it's not known how access was gained.

About 12,400 GE was stolen and dumped from one of our bigger supporters that's been with us since the start.

I'm currently working with him on getting things secured so he has a safe GE wallet.

I plan to send him some of my own holdings to help make up for his loss.

If you would like to help, donations can be sent to FNwFiwB8pSZcavHodyEUVXLjxk6ZmHEskM and will be held on my machine till we think it's safe for him to receive them. Any amount of GE is sincerely appreciated by the both of us. If nothing comes in, that's ok too.

Please remember to password protect your wallets guys, there are a lot of crypto hackers out there.

On the bright side, the moron dumped the majority of it at 214 sats just hours before this update. So he got very little for it, and one of you got a very very lucky buy.

Thank you for the update, I doubt that is is a specific Greed hacker otherwise other holders would have reported the same issue. My computer is very secured.

I will strongly suggest that you contact the holder that lost his coins and advise him to do a virus scan for malware on his computer, including malware bytes.

He need to do it asap as he will loose more coins in his wallets if there are malware on his computer.
murderouskirk

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:19:58 PM

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Figure out if said specs are possible in theory (and if I can do it with my skillset)
[] Build the coin base
[] Initial proof of concept tests (make sure the new ideas work as intended)
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Get assets from web designer (Wallet images, thread images, website images, promotional images)
[] Use assets to prepare wallet, thread, and website.
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

So I'm excited to be able to say that I've made enough progress to release the reward specs for swing. The initial proof of concept tests have passed, meaning I should be able to finalize swing to the specs posted below.

So basically, POS rewards = 1% of the last 3 digits of the block count.

POW is the same, only there is a multiplier. It's factored by taking the number in the thousandth place and multiplying it by 10, and the result is the percentage of POS miners get.

I need to come up with a way to explain it better by launch but the chart should help.

So for example, on block 8532:

POS reward = 5.32
POW reward = 80% of 5.32 = 4.256

The only deviation is when the thousandth place is 0. Rather than have miners earn nothing they earn 100%.

So the supply will inflate at a maximum rate of (roughly) 2500 coins per day, and 912,500 coins per year. (Keeping in mind that's the max, if every block was POS)

I've opted to pay a web designer to do the assets for me this time around. I think a professional look and feel can go a long way. He is shooting to get the artwork done by the 14th, but I told him it's ok to overshoot by a few days if it means higher quality work. I would love to launch by this weekend. If I can wrap everything up and get the assets in time I will try to. However, that's just an ideal date. I don't want to give any hard dates as I know how awful they can be for markets when things get delayed and dates are missed. However, I'm currently hoping to launch sometime this month without much issue.

Thanks for the continued support guys. You're all awesome. I hope everyone likes the direction swing is taking. The "game" aspect has been pulled back and will be a lot less intense, but I think there is still a lot of room for strategy. This design makes for longevity unlike the others, and continues our tradition of hard coded speculation points which I'm pretty excited to see play out.

omg looks awesome
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: