Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:37:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GE] Greed Evolved • HiPOS & POW Hybrid • Inflation Blocking • Super Blocks!  (Read 20696 times)
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:38:49 PM

IRC? Slack?

There is #Greed currently but it's pretty dead as I don't camp in there.

I guess I should make a #Swing channel or something.

+1 for a swingers channel, as long as there are chicks  Grin

HAH. Would have been good.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murderouskirk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:54:07 PM

Ok I made #SwingCoin in IRC. I'll try to camp in there occasionally.

I hooked your IRC up to my slack. You can click my signature to sign up. Room is swing-and-ge.
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:04:33 AM

so from Greed to Greed-E and now to Swing Smiley hopefully thiss swing will be worth to take and interesting as your previous projects, definitely will be looking forward to hear from you and to the new Ann. if you had scheduled anytime line thn pls let us know

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:24:41 AM

so from Greed to Greed-E and now to Swing Smiley hopefully thiss swing will be worth to take and interesting as your previous projects, definitely will be looking forward to hear from you and to the new Ann. if you had scheduled anytime line thn pls let us know

Please see this post for the current Swing status.

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Figure out if said specs are possible in theory (and if I can do it with my skillset)
[] Build the coin base
[] Initial proof of concept tests (make sure the new ideas work as intended)
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Get assets from web designer (Wallet images, thread images, website images, promotional images)
[] Use assets to prepare wallet, thread, and website.
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

So I'm excited to be able to say that I've made enough progress to release the reward specs for swing. The initial proof of concept tests have passed, meaning I should be able to finalize swing to the specs posted below.

So basically, POS rewards = 1% of the last 3 digits of the block count.

POW is the same, only there is a multiplier. It's factored by taking the number in the thousandth place and multiplying it by 10, and the result is the percentage of POS miners get.

I need to come up with a way to explain it better by launch but the chart should help.

So for example, on block 8532:

POS reward = 5.32
POW reward = 80% of 5.32 = 4.256

The only deviation is when the thousandth place is 0. Rather than have miners earn nothing they earn 100%.

So the supply will inflate at a maximum rate of (roughly) 2500 coins per day, and 912,500 coins per year. (Keeping in mind that's the max, if every block was POS)

Can you give us a estimate of when you think the coin will (re)-launch?

I've opted to pay a web designer to do the assets for me this time around. I think a professional look and feel can go a long way. He is shooting to get the artwork done by the 14th, but I told him it's ok to overshoot by a few days if it means higher quality work. I would love to launch by this weekend. If I can wrap everything up and get the assets in time I will try to. However, that's just an ideal date. I don't want to give any hard dates as I know how awful they can be for markets when things get delayed and dates are missed. However, I'm currently hoping to launch sometime this month without much issue.

Thanks for the continued support guys. You're all awesome. I hope everyone likes the direction swing is taking. The "game" aspect has been pulled back and will be a lot less intense, but I think there is still a lot of room for strategy. This design makes for longevity unlike the others, and continues our tradition of hard coded speculation points which I'm pretty excited to see play out.

SushiNoTomato

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:30:10 PM

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Figure out if said specs are possible in theory (and if I can do it with my skillset)
[] Build the coin base
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Get assets from web designer (Wallet images, thread images, website images, promotional images)
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

So I'm excited to be able to say that I've made enough progress to release the reward specs for swing. The initial proof of concept tests have passed, meaning I should be able to finalize swing to the specs posted below.

POW is the same, only there is a multiplier. It's factored by taking the number in the thousandth place and multiplying it by 10, and the result is the percentage of POS miners get.

I need to come up with a way to explain it better by launch but the chart should help.

POS reward = 5.32

The only deviation is when the thousandth place is 0. Rather than have miners earn nothing they earn 100%.

So the supply will inflate at a maximum rate of (roughly) 2500 coins per day, and 912,500 coins per year. (Keeping in mind that's the max, if every block was POS)

I've opted to pay a web designer to do the assets for me this time around. I think a professional look and feel can go a long way. He is shooting to get the artwork done by the 14th, but I told him it's ok to overshoot by a few days if it means higher quality work. I would love to launch by this weekend. If I can wrap everything up and get the assets in time I will try to. However, that's just an ideal date. I don't want to give any hard dates as I know how awful they can be for markets when things get delayed and dates are missed. However, I'm currently hoping to launch sometime this month without much issue.

Thanks for the continued support guys. You're all awesome. I hope everyone likes the direction swing is taking. The "game" aspect has been pulled back and will be a lot less intense, but I think there is still a lot of room for strategy. This design makes for longevity unlike the others, and continues our tradition of hard coded speculation points which I'm pretty excited to see play out.

So what is stopping the PoS block from taking over and bypassing the PoW block schedule per spike to get through it faster ?

Basically no one has to mine and you can get through the blocks meant for PoW with PoS staking only quicker, having PoW & PoS working like this will always result in different block numbers per algorithm you anticipate.

E.G PoS solves blocks faster than PoW so the PoW & PoS schedule would be incorrect.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:59:54 PM

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Build the coin base
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

POS reward = 5.32

So what is stopping the PoS block from taking over and bypassing the PoW block schedule per spike to get through it faster ?

Basically no one has to mine and you can get through the blocks meant for PoW with PoS staking only quicker, having PoW & PoS working like this will always result in different block numbers per algorithm you anticipate.

E.G PoS solves blocks faster than PoW so the PoW & PoS schedule would be incorrect.

I'm not following your logic. Each block can be either POW or HiPos. The blocks are hard coded, the schedule cannot be incorrect. None of the blocks are meant specifically for miners or stakers, you have to fight over them.

I expect 25% - 50% of blocks to be discovered by POW miners depending on the net hash rate based on the tests carries out during GE staking rounds. Possibly more if someone dumps a lot of hashing power on the network during the spikes.

Holders staking are meant to have the advantage over non-holders. This edge for holders is something the community requested and enjoyed about GE. It's also what's allowing us to test the effect of a swinging miners supply on price. Miners that choose to hold and stake will have the advantage over miners who dump, and GE holders that don't dump / people who buy up swing will have even more of an advantage depending on their strategies. It should be pretty competitive.

shapetwist

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:07:15 PM

Ok, so the artist doing the assets is going to give me a couple Swing logos to choose from. I think I'll put them up in a poll and let you guys vote once I get them.

How are the logos coming?

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:43:35 PM

Ok, so the artist doing the assets is going to give me a couple Swing logos to choose from. I think I'll put them up in a poll and let you guys vote once I get them.

Just touched base with the artist. He said he should have the logo choices done by the weekend (thurs / fri). When I double checked that he could get all the art done within the month he said "yes definitely".

So you can probably expect logo voting to begin within a day or two.

shapetwist

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:49:05 PM

Just touched base with the artist. He said he should have the logo choices done by the weekend (thurs / fri). When I double checked that he could get all the art done within the month he said "yes definitely".

So you can probably expect logo voting to begin within a day or two.

Sounds good. Looking forward.

Bitr8er

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:18:44 AM

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Build the coin base
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

POS reward = 5.32

I'm not following your logic. Each block can be either POW or HiPos. The blocks are hard coded, the schedule cannot be incorrect. None of the blocks are meant specifically for miners or stakers, you have to fight over them.

I expect 25% - 50% of blocks to be discovered by POW miners depending on the net hash rate based on the tests carries out during GE staking rounds. Possibly more if someone dumps a lot of hashing power on the network during the spikes.

Holders staking are meant to have the advantage over non-holders. This edge for holders is something the community requested and enjoyed about GE. It's also what's allowing us to test the effect of a swinging miners supply on price. Miners that choose to hold and stake will have the advantage over miners who dump, and GE holders that don't dump / people who buy up swing will have even more of an advantage depending on their strategies. It should be pretty competitive.

We are up for a good competition!
tekyboy

Activity: 508

TekyBoy Crypto Services

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 05:26:59 AM

This thing is shaping to something which is know as awesomeness

Bitr8er

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:57:28 PM

Voting on Graphics Today?
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:23:04 PM

Yeah hopefully sometime tonight. Expecting so at least. Will let you guys know soon as I get the assets.

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:10:57 PM

Yeah hopefully sometime tonight. Expecting so at least. Will let you guys know soon as I get the assets.

Just heard from the artist. Logos are on track for sometime tonight. I would guess 2-6 hrs.

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:26:13 PM

Voting thread is up https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153118.new#new

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 10:28:43 PM

did so but sadly it seems im the only one who casted his vote till now Smiley

gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:58:22 PM

Gentlemen, I invite you to vote on the logo for our new coins SWING Smiley

It promises to be an interesting game. Coins will be very little, so their value can be enormous.

After replacing GE to SWING, only space is the limit price. Cool

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153118.new#new
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:37:13 PM

I'll push this out to get more opinions soon. I just wanted to give the people most involved / following the thread first input.

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:02:18 PM

I'll push this out to get more opinions soon. I just wanted to give the people most involved / following the thread first input.

https://twitter.com/GreedDev/status/633020855027695616

shapetwist

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:06:22 PM

How's the actual development going? Is there an ETA?

I see nobody is selling waiting for further news. But nobody is asking much. Can you give us an update on the roadmap?

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: