Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:49:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Todd calls dash snake oil.  (Read 11978 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:52:24 PM

As someone who dislike both Dash and XMR, I find it hilarious that most people can only promote their supported coin by attacking the other.

Yes, it's called "marketing". Everyone wants to ride the coat tails of the market leader.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:00:44 PM

PGP: 0x7FAB114267E4FA04

"An avid Twitter user and conference regular, Todd has worked on everything from off-chain transactions and privacy-enhancing stealth addresses to '2.0' projects like Viacoin, Counterparty and coloured coins."
http://www.coindesk.com/video-core-developer-peter-todd-bitcoins-future/

LOL

why so many coins? can i say peter todd is a snake oil dumb moron for involving with many scam coins?

this guy is a joke

What do you mean 'why so many coins?'? The only 'coin' listed there is VIA. Unless you want to consider Counterparty a 'coin' even though it's Bitcoin 2.0 tech built on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. It does have it's own token though, so it's debatable. Even so, that's only two projects he consulted on of that type, neither of which are scams.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 07:11:53 PM

I agree with Peter Todd
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 07:21:16 PM

As someone who dislike both Dash and XMR, I find it hilarious that most people can only promote their supported coin by attacking the other.

Yes, it's called "marketing". Everyone wants to ride the coat tails of the market leader.

LOL. Dash isn't anonymous, that was Peter's point. You're holding that anonymity spot for us. Keep it warm.  Wink

kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:55:07 PM

Peter Todd is right. DASH is a joke. No serious cryptography expert endorses it over Monero and cryptonote

And? No serious cryptography expert would endorse Monero and cryptonote over the plethora of over options.

This just boils down to the old "my shit is better than their shit" argument.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:03:42 PM

Peter Todd is right. DASH is a joke. No serious cryptography expert endorses it over Monero and cryptonote

And? No serious cryptography expert would endorse Monero and cryptonote over the plethora of over options.

Except Peter Todd who recommended Monero over Dash in these very tweets.

And you might take a peek at the addresses in Greg Maxwell's profile
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11425
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:04:32 PM

Wow. You're seriously uninformed.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:07:59 PM

LOL. Dash isn't anonymous, that was Peter's point. You're holding that anonymity spot for us. Keep it warm.  Wink

Well, I'm just wondering what will happen when the paedophiles realize all of this and switch to monero? Will iCEBREAKER and TrueCryptonaire crying in every monero topics around because of this? ...or they will be happy to see more monero fans on board Smiley?
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:08:14 PM

Not to mention Wladimir J van der Laan (Bitcoin Core) who has also been working on the Monero codebase recently.

I honestly don't know what it is about the Dash cult. I'm not sure if they even know what cryptography is. They don't seem to be clued up about anything at all.
kekek

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:08:39 PM

Nope, just saying that both DRK/DASH and XMR are two equally shitty coins in a boxing match over who is supposedly the least shitty.

XMRChina

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:17:40 PM

Yes there is an XMR address in his profile.

You wont find any BTC core team members with a DASH address in their profile. That would be embarrassing!
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 09:27:38 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 09:51:00 PM by benthach

PGP: 0x7FAB114267E4FA04

"An avid Twitter user and conference regular, Todd has worked on everything from off-chain transactions and privacy-enhancing stealth addresses to '2.0' projects like Viacoin, Counterparty and coloured coins."
http://www.coindesk.com/video-core-developer-peter-todd-bitcoins-future/

LOL

why so many coins? can i say peter todd is a snake oil dumb moron for involving with many scam coins?

this guy is a joke

What do you mean 'why so many coins?'? The only 'coin' listed there is VIA. Unless you want to consider Counterparty a 'coin' even though it's Bitcoin 2.0 tech built on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. It does have it's own token though, so it's debatable. Even so, that's only two projects he consulted on of that type, neither of which are scams.

if you don't want to call counterparty as a scam coin then we can call this a scam asset. it's involving money and trading. plus those other coloured coins/assets.
peter todd is bitter at evan duffield for not giving him credential for using his shitty coinjoin
darkcoin is a 50% premined scam coin and evan duffield once worth over $25million, i guessed he didn't want to give some of his wealth to original creator so this bitter was started

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 09:36:15 PM

Nope, just saying that both DRK/DASH and XMR are two equally shitty coins in a boxing match over who is supposedly the least shitty.

Reread the post. Peter Todd calls Monero, "genuine crypto" in the initial post and "good crypto" in a later post. Nowhere does he call it shitty, bad, or any other negative word. So unless you are saying you know more than Peter about what makes a cryptocurrency good, you should sit down.

kekek

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:47:06 PM

Stupidity is Willful ignorance.

Reread the post. Peter Todd calls Monero, "genuine crypto" in the initial post and "good crypto" in a later post. Nowhere does he call it shitty, bad, or any other negative word. So unless you are saying you know more than Peter about what makes a cryptocurrency good, you should sit down.

Did I say Peter Todd called Monero shitty? I don't think I did. Just because Peter Todd says Monero is good, doesn't make it good. It's more likely that XMR will have a good run, hell it will certainly have a better run than the majority of coins produced.

But does this mean XMR isn't a shitcoin? No, in fact it'll be reduced to the same level as DRK/DASH and all of the other "anonymous" coins as soon as something better comes out.

generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 09:56:48 PM

Stupidity is Willful ignorance.

Did I say Peter Todd called Monero shitty? I don't think I did. Just because Peter Todd says Monero is good, doesn't make it good. It's more likely that XMR will have a good run, hell it will certainly have a better run than the majority of coins produced.

But does this mean XMR isn't a shitcoin? No, in fact it'll be reduced to the same level as DRK/DASH and all of the other "anonymous" coins as soon as something better comes out.

The bolded part implies that Peter's comments were only representative of his opinion of dash vs. monero and not the coins overall. If this isn't what you meant, you need to write more clearly. If it does, you are incorrect as i pointed out. Your backtracking to all anon coins will be replaced therefore all anon coins are shitty is absurd--it is the equivalent of saying all sports cars are shitty because they will be replaced by newer sports cars one day. If i want the best anonymity/privacy today, your generalized judgement would have me waiting for eternity as something better will always come along. Thankfully I'm smart enough to get the best anonymity today and will get the best anonymity a year from now--if it changes--when it is available a year from now.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:27:00 PM

If Satoshi had mined 50% of Bitcoin in 3 days then we'd all be on Litecointalk.org...

Satoshi still holds an absurd amount of Bitcoins, 7% of the supply.

There is not a human being alive that even comes close to owning 7% of any world currency or commodity.

If Bitcoin became the world's reserve currency tomorrow, Satoshi would be the wealthiest man in history.

It'll be down to around 5% by 2025. Still, it's a significant amount of holdings and I imagine that if Bitcoin ever becomes something like a world reserve currency that Satoshi will setup some sort of charitable organization, similar to what Gates or Buffet did with their wealth.

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 07:01:55 AM

This claim is not hart to rebut.
How many coins have been anonymized the past 24h, last week, last month and in total?

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 07:32:40 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 07:45:46 AM by generalizethis

This claim is not hart to rebut.
How many coins have been anonymized the past 24h, last week, last month and in total?

That's faulty reasoning and you ignore Peter's analysis at your own peril. Once a theoretical attack happens, it will be too late for those engaged in the system--like a snake oil salesman pointing to his healthy assistant as proof that his oil is the real-deal and will solve your problems. Meanwhile traces of asbestos in the magic potion are giving long term users cancer.

Masternodes add an attack vector and any cryptographer worth a damn will point out that these systems are fragile enough without adding things that will complicate their workings until the point they don't work as intended. *A month back, I calculated that 95% of masternodes were concentrated on corporate hosting sites within the borders of 5 countries--all friendly and most likely willing to share data on something as abhorrent as pedophiles mining a coin for illicit use-- this is only one attack vector available.  Maybe instead of saying he's wrong because there isn't yet proof that the coin has been compromised, you could ask him to document his findings and pay him for his time.

* https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077613.0

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:27:14 AM

Thanks for that link, looks like the reward of running a masternode has gone up from $40/month to $56/month on average since then.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 08:35:54 AM

Thanks for that link, looks like the reward of running a masternode has gone up from $40/month to $56/month on average since then.

Must be that sweet pedo money rolling in. Guess we'll see when the feds get interested.  Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: