Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:45:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:18:08 AM

I wish they had a live webcam in their assembly facility.
Something like http://www.nanofab.ualberta.ca/lab-information/view-our-facility-2/show-a-camera/?nf_CName=WCAM

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:02:40 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2012, 07:44:41 AM by PuertoLibre

Why people feel the need to continue to repeat the same thing, over and over, I'll never understand.  Great, they're going to be late, not like we haven't expected, nor known about that for a while.  No reason to post up a new thread or post every 2 days shouting, "BFL is late!"
Well, only if you are speaking solely for yourself on this.

Every customer of BFL is expecting them to be on time for early December. These are actual expectations.

I don't know why you might think that all customers expect them to be shipping later than their current shipping target? Either way, it was a message made on 11-10-2012 and the message is referring to the process in the "future tense" rather than present or past tense. (Hasn't arrived yet?)

So that leaves about 25 days from that message for outsourced assembly and maybe 5 more days for final assembly "in house". (HSF/Case etc)

-----------------------------

A follow up question that pops into mind is:

It is now 11-15-2012, 5 days later,  have the ASIC chips arrived yet?
(20 days now left for board assembly and maybe 5 days for secondary assembly. (assuming they overnight the whole pallet of assembled boards to and from the external assembly house.)

Another good question:

How long does both stages of assembly take in terms of time?

-------------------------------
As BFL is poised to be the first to ship out of all the vendors..<cough> supposedly <cough>..are they meeting their scheduled timeline?

Or will it be <smirks> something they will "only know 3 days before" the scheduled date at a meeting they have?
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:25:32 AM

BFL has already pushed back their shipping date more than once, surely people have a right to complain each time there's a new delay. If they'd shipped in October as originally announced those early pre-order customers would now be hashing away at 50BTC blocks without any ASIC competition. Now it appears those early customers won't beat the reward halving and may not even be the first end users with ASICs. The difference in ROI and profits for these early adopters cannot be understated.

Looked at from a competition standpoint, BFL has captured the bulk of the ASIC market by announcing a delivery date that was horribly unrealistic at best and a flat out lie at worst. Given the stakes involved and the serial misbehavior of the company in question, I'm surprised there aren't even more BFL bashing threads.

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 10:28:40 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2012, 02:22:05 AM by hardcore-fs

Posted under Fair Use for the purposes of discussion.

Courtesy of: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/331-manufacturing-process-question

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zfocuv.png

Conclusion? There may be significant delays. [speculation and personal opinion]

I don't think this comes as a surprise to many. If the ASICs aren't on the boards yet then I wouldn't expect that the other components would be on there already. They will probably reflow everything together (or have a contract manufacturer do it).

You would NEVER run production this way.... , the MAX you could get away with is when you have a double sided PCB, THEN you can pre-place the component on the other side in advance.

IF you consider placing the board MINUS the ASIC, reflow....
HOW THE FUCK are you going to apply solder paste INSIDE the other components and prevent the SMT machine from smashing the other high rise components when you place the ASIC, then you have to double re-flow....

As regards burn in...... Just look at the Bathtub curve and you will see WHY there is an optimum burn-in VRS temperature profile.
MOST if not all the failures occur very quickly on the downward slide of the Bath Tub.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 11:01:45 AM

Lets just sit and wait. ASIC's will not be delivered until blocks halving, thats for sure.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:22:31 PM

ASIC's will not be delivered until blocks halving, thats for sure.
I think the same, perhaps 2013...
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 03:13:06 PM

Something like http://www.nanofab.ualberta.ca/lab-information/view-our-facility-2/show-a-camera/?nf_CName=WCAM

I for sure would hate this. I don't want my boss/others watching me at work.

This would have to be done:

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 03:40:02 PM

I don't know. I'd guess your boss would notice you're never in the office.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 03:46:15 PM

It needs to be.... at least.... 3 times bigger than this.

- Zoolander
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:59:49 PM

Why people feel the need to continue to repeat the same thing, over and over, I'll never understand.

<irony>
Me neither. Why BFL over and over again promises delivery dates which they can't keep, I'll never understand Wink
</irony>

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 06:00:52 PM

Why people feel the need to continue to repeat the same thing, over and over, I'll never understand.

Me neither. Why BFL over and over again promises delivery dates which they can't keep, I'll never understand Wink

To get more Pre-orders ?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
creativex

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:04:16 PM

To get more Pre-orders ?

Exactly. Their customers aren't really punishing them for their consistently deceitful release date FUD, and it's great for cornering the lions share of the ASIC market, so why not?

Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:14:06 PM

Their customers aren't really punishing them for their consistently deceitful release date FUD ...

It's even worse: Their "customers" seem to be true lemmings. Dissing everyone that asks inconvenient questions on forums.butterflylabs.com
No idea what's going on there. Mass delusion? Mass boot licking syndrome?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
creativex

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:26:55 PM

Just human psychology. Once invested most people will defend their decision to do so.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:31:51 PM

As much as it pains me to say this, I agree. I feel like BFL screwed me by saying they will release their product in October.

I was on the fence when I ordered in September whether to order from BFL or Tom. I ended up ordering from BFL because I think they have the better product (read: power efficiency), they had increased transparency throughout the community and were releasing a lot more information than they used to, and the biggest reason: I thought that they would be pretty far through the pre-order list before Tom even started shipping.

Now we fast forward 3 months later...

I most likely would get my ASICs in December from Tom if I had ordered from him at the same time, but it is looking like I won't get my ASICs from BFL until January or later. If I had just ordered a Jalapeno or something, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. However, I ordered $8,000 worth of singles. BFL literally screwed me out of whatever $8,000 worth of ASICs will make in the first month (maybe about ~$1500+)

I'm so serious that if they delay once more, I am getting a full refund and giving my hard earned money to another ASIC vendor.

I, unlike most people in the community it seems, will not put up with their bull shit.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:46:58 PM

Some of us pre-ordered, fully expecting to not have ASICs by October, or even November.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:48:48 PM

I'm so serious that if they delay once more, I am getting a full refund and giving my hard earned money to another ASIC vendor.

And what will you do if they don't want to give you a refund until January 1st, 2013?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:57:39 PM

And what will you do if they don't want to give you a refund until January 1st, 2013?

They will certainly never see another $ from me if that were to be the case.
creativex

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:04:34 PM

As much as it pains me to say this, I agree. I feel like BFL screwed me by saying they will release their product in October.

I was on the fence when I ordered in September whether to order from BFL or Tom. I ended up ordering from BFL because I think they have the better product (read: power efficiency), they had increased transparency throughout the community and were releasing a lot more information than they used to, and the biggest reason: I thought that they would be pretty far through the pre-order list before Tom even started shipping.

Now we fast forward 3 months later...

I most likely would get my ASICs in December from Tom if I had ordered from him at the same time, but it is looking like I won't get my ASICs from BFL until January or later. If I had just ordered a Jalapeno or something, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. However, I ordered $8,000 worth of singles. BFL literally screwed me out of whatever $8,000 worth of ASICs will make in the first month (maybe about ~$1500+)

I, unlike most people in the community it seems, will not put up with their bull shit.

Sorry man, that sucks. While I wasn't prepared to make a huge investment in ASIC pre-order hardware, I did eventually order and was one click away from paying BFL for a single.

michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 11:02:31 PM

They will certainly never see another $ from me if that were to be the case.

That'll show em.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: