Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:11:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 11:19:16 PM

That'll show em.

Ah... sarcasm. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be anything else that I could do.

Even though it may not matter to you if I buy from BFL again, I'd imagine BFL wants business from every customer they can get and repeat customers too. That's normally how businesses work.

But, I've been left with such a sour taste in my mouth, that's not going to happen unless BFL somehow makes it up to me in between now and then. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that BFL has pissed off either, so there are likely quite a few others that would do the same.
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:36:21 AM

Do you see how your threat seems a little overcooked now?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:52:59 AM

It's not a threat, it's a promise.  Grin

And yes, I realize I am only one person, but I have a feeling there are others that feel the same way. It is hard to post your feelings on here, especially on such a controversial subject as BFL, without trolls picking your posts apart. I actually can't even put one single post on here about ANYTHING without someone trying to prove me wrong, calling me names, sarcastic remarks, or arguing with me. So, I'm not surprised there haven't been more people talking about this on here, but I know I am not alone.
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 01:28:39 AM

Some of us pre-ordered, fully expecting to not have ASICs by October, or even November.

Who pre-ordered with the expectation of delayed product shippment? Not me.
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 01:31:33 AM

It's not a threat, it's a promise.  Grin

And yes, I realize I am only one person, but I have a feeling there are others that feel the same way. It is hard to post your feelings on here, especially on such a controversial subject as BFL, without trolls picking your posts apart. I actually can't even put one single post on here about ANYTHING without someone trying to prove me wrong, calling me names, sarcastic remarks, or arguing with me. So, I'm not surprised there haven't been more people talking about this on here, but I know I am not alone.

This is a common problem coming from people with little perspective.  Everyone's right and everyone's wrong.  It's wonky.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 02:20:35 AM

Some of us pre-ordered, fully expecting to not have ASICs by October, or even November.

they have said all along that there might be delays... so expecting it to come in october when they have said they hope to deliver then, seems a little... (fill in the blank yourself Tongue )

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 02:24:17 AM

Just human psychology. Once invested most people will defend their decision to do so.

Yep........ I did that with a stock purchase recently..... I could have bought 10!!!! ASIC mining rigs with the money wasted.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 03:26:06 AM

they have said all along that there might be delays... so expecting it to come in october when they have said they hope to deliver then, seems a little... (fill in the blank yourself Tongue )

Let's look at what BFL said, and not what you wanted them to have said.

So will the BitForce SC product line REALLY come out in October? This is a fair question.  Let's review our track record.  If you're not aware, our initial product, the BitForce Single had a slow delivery cycle.  This was initially due to a last minute design change before initial product release.  When we did release it, we weren't quite prepared for the explosive success we had.  After several rounds of scaling, single delivery is in sufficient volume to catch up quickly. The Mini Rig product release has followed it's development and release timeline pretty well.  Initial deliveries aren't far from estimates and the speed of production is on pace to ensure most customers will get their Mini Rigs ahead of schedule. The SC product line has been under development for quite some time and is not the result of an expedited development process.  Although there are always issues during development, our team is highly experienced in exactly this field and we're currently ahead of our original timeline.  Honest Abe, we're scheduling shipments for October of 2012.

Emphasis added to make it easier for you.

Buy & Hold
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 03:51:12 AM

So they have gone from being "Ahead of schedule" to AT LEAST a month behind... based on their own statements.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 04:32:50 AM

All BFL has really done has been to shoot themselves in the foot by announcing their crazy non-existing ASICs so that the competition could pour in and beat them to it.

Imagine if BFL had simply found someone privately to fund the development and then carried it out quietly...  BFL would be lightyears ahead of everyone else and reaping profit instead of what looks like a loss of 2/3s of the market share to BTCFPGA and Avalon.

People should be questioning BFL for this market strategy alone.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 05:21:00 AM

All BFL has really done has been to shoot themselves in the foot by announcing their crazy non-existing ASICs so that the competition could pour in and beat them to it.

Imagine if BFL had simply found someone privately to fund the development and then carried it out quietly...  BFL would be lightyears ahead of everyone else and reaping profit instead of what looks like a loss of 2/3s of the market share to BTCFPGA and Avalon.

People should be questioning BFL for this market strategy alone.

+1

I asked the same question. Why not keep their mining operation a secret and just mine the crap out of the network and sell off slowly.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 05:25:40 AM

That'll show em.

Ah... sarcasm. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be anything else that I could do.

Even though it may not matter to you if I buy from BFL again, I'd imagine BFL wants business from every customer they can get and repeat customers too. That's normally how businesses work.

But, I've been left with such a sour taste in my mouth, that's not going to happen unless BFL somehow makes it up to me in between now and then. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that BFL has pissed off either, so there are likely quite a few others that would do the same.

Unless of course they were intending to scam customers....does BTCST or PussyAt30 ring a bell?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 08:56:35 AM

Whether true or not is unknown, but Tom claims he had been working on bAsic for many months before he announced it for pre-sale. My suspicion is that after FPGAs, many heads got the same idea to adapt to ASIC. Considering the time tables for release, a BFL secret development project would not have yielded very good results for them. Not to mention 90% of the development costs were likely raised through pre-sale orders. Which would make it difficult to secretly develop and mine on.
Badonkadonk

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 03:15:57 PM

Not to mention 90% of the development costs were likely raised through pre-sale orders. Which would make it difficult to secretly develop and mine on.

they have stated that they havent touched the pre order money and they are all available for refunds if everything should go to hell. so im guessing they had the capital allready.

Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 04:17:44 PM

they have stated that they havent touched the pre order money and they are all available for refunds if everything should go to hell.

They have stated a lot during the last couple of month - nothing much has materialized though. Why should be believe their refund guarantee?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
punin

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 04:24:49 PM

They probably don't want back to jail?

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 04:25:54 PM

Frizz23, why haven't you asked for a refund then?  Oh... that's right, because you never paid for an order!  You've just here bitching and you have absolutely no stake in it!  Of course, silly me.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 04:33:28 PM

Frizz23, why haven't you asked for a refund then?  Oh... that's right, because you never paid for an order!

Maybe I didn't. But maybe some of my numerous fake accounts have ordered tons of your precious vaporware? Wink

What are my fake accounts again? I forgot ...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 05:15:25 PM

Which means you didn't do much digging on BFL's history.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 05:24:26 PM

Just human psychology. Once invested most people will defend their decision to do so.

Yep........ I did that with a stock purchase recently..... I could have bought 10!!!! ASIC mining rigs with the money wasted.

Question:

Lets say someone is a customer and they feel they want out of the waiting game.

So at what point does a customer make a decision that they are definitively going to get the hardware later than they had [reasonably] hoped??

What is Plan B?

-----------------------------------------------

This goes for all the other companies not just BFL. (Avalon / bASIC)

At what point is it time to call it quits?

A) Is it when one vendor ships and the one you ordered from is still in a holding pattern?

B) Is it when there are more than 2 delays?

C) Is it when the block halving has taken place?

D) Is it when the mass refunds start for any one vendor? (any of the three companies)

---------------------------------

Then what?

What is Plan B?

Do you go to one of the other competitors with your money? Do you just sit there and "suck on lemons" while you wait it out?

What do you do if you do decide to abandon your first choice?

What is the correct strategy at that point?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: