Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:00:08 PM

Not happy about it, but I don't really consider this a delay...yet. Tom did say long ago that he'd like to begin shipping the week after Thanksgiving. He also said almost immediately after that that he'd misread a calender and hadn't realized Thanksgiving was early this year, which it was. Additionally he's repeatedly said Nov/Dec and 1st week of December. It sounds like he will not make the schedule he was hoping for, but I'm not ready to flame up or start talking refund until we hear something more concrete. If he's only going to be pushing things back a week or two and giving me a 33% speed boost, I'll not only not flame the guy, I'll buy the first round. Wink If he still beats...that other company AND gives me 1/3 more hashes at the same price, I'll buy him a steak dinner to go with that first round. 

Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:29:42 PM

Not happy about it, but I don't really consider this a delay...yet. Tom did say long ago that he'd like to begin shipping the week after Thanksgiving. He also said almost immediately after that that he'd misread a calender and hadn't realized Thanksgiving was early this year, which it was. Additionally he's repeatedly said Nov/Dec and 1st week of December. It sounds like he will not make the schedule he was hoping for, but I'm not ready to flame up or start talking refund until we hear something more concrete. If he's only going to be pushing things back a week or two and giving me a 33% speed boost, I'll not only not flame the guy, I'll buy the first round. Wink If he still beats...that other company AND gives me 1/3 more hashes at the same price, I'll buy him a steak dinner to go with that first round. 

Yeah I agree. His very first estimate was November/December, meaning to meet his original stated shipping date he still has over a month to ship. How'd BFL do? October? Wink

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 08:34:51 PM

Well heck, by that criteria BFL is fine, too... since we've always maintained that we would would target October but it would be as late as December (hence the January 1st refund policy, which has been there since day one.)

Thanks for the confirmation that BFL is on target timeframe wise as well, I appreciate it! 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:41:26 PM

Well heck, by that criteria BFL is fine, too... since we've always maintained that we would would target October but it would be as late as December (hence the January 1st refund policy, which has been there since day one.)

Thanks for the confirmation that BFL is on target timeframe wise as well, I appreciate it! 

You said you "hoped" the chips would be arriving by now.  Any update on that?  One would think you'd have a tracking number or something...
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:42:37 PM

Haha, no prob!  Grin I am still enjoying my GPUs and FPGAs so I really do not mind these delays at all. Although I am pretty excited for ASICs also and hope I can get them going on my Raspberry Pi!

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:12:51 PM

You said you "hoped" the chips would be arriving by now.  Any update on that?  One would think you'd have a tracking number or something...

yes any updates?  the last know BFL delivery date was generated into this clock.  http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20121126T10&p0=405&fg1=ea0606&fg2=808080&msg=BFL+%7C+ASIC+-+FIRST+SHIPMENT

that'd be today and the clock is now counting backwards LOL
creativex

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:24:39 PM

...and it's posts like this that pushed me away from BFL. Who is Inaba and why does he say "we've" when he's talking about BFL? Oh that's right he wears two hats but consistently forgets to swap them when acting as a BFL mouthpiece. BTCFPGA's potentially slipping shipping schedule in no way parallels BFL's estimateS and missed shipping scheduleS. You should watch some training videos on how to represent a company. The McDonalds around the corner has more professional personalities representing them at the drive thru window.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:25:14 PM

yes any updates?  the last know BFL delivery date was generated into this clock.  http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20121126T10&p0=405&fg1=ea0606&fg2=808080&msg=BFL+%7C+ASIC+-+FIRST+SHIPMENT

that'd be today and the clock is now counting backwards LOL

<speculation> BFL is about to announce it's going to be delayed another month. They are just avoiding making the announcement, but already know it to be true. </speculation>
creativex

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:27:41 PM

It's what they're best at...excuses. How about giving your customers a 33% hash rate increase for making them wait an extra month quarter?

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:33:04 PM

...and it's posts like this that pushed me away from BFL. Who is Inaba and why does he say "we've" when he's talking about BFL? Oh that's right he wears two hats but consistently forgets to swap them when acting as a BFL mouthpiece. BTCFPGA's potentially slipping shipping schedule in no way parallels BFL's estimateS and missed shipping scheduleS. You should watch some training videos on how to represent a company. The McDonalds around the corner has more professional personalities representing them at the drive thru window.
I'm the opposite.  I like the nothing-held-back approach as opposed to the cookie-cutter sunshine-laced BS you usually get from company representatives.  The world is too politically correct, and people are too easily offended these days (and companies are too willing to cater to their whims to avoid bad PR).  I appreciate someone who is not worried about whose feelings he might hurt with what he says, and I appreciate it even more when a company holds the same attitude.  Josh stands his ground for what he believes in, regardless of what other people think or how other people treat him, and Butterfly Labs obviously cares little about maintaining a fake, rosy-looking PR image, and I like them both for it.

Call me weird, but that's my opinion.
creativex

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:37:20 PM

I actually wouldn't mind if he stood his ground. I just mind when he attacks, insults, belittles and distorts, but maybe it's just me. I've never cared much for passive aggressive asshats.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:41:34 PM

Yes, the CYA January 1st has been there since the beginning. One little detail, buried under the pile of promises and hints that implied shipping in October, then November, then December.  Regardless of who says what, the fact is that BFL profited from these failed statements by locking in a huge chunk of miners' investment funds against their competitors. A rather convenient failure.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:06:25 PM

Yes, the CYA January 1st has been there since the beginning. One little detail, buried under the pile of promises and hints that implied shipping in October, then November, then December.  Regardless of who says what, the fact is that BFL profited from these failed statements by locking in a huge chunk of miners' investment funds against their competitors. A rather convenient failure.

This is what bugs me so much! I was duped... they knew damn well there was no way in hell they were going to make October, yet they were tight lipped about it and secured the majority of the preorders. There's no way that they didn't know that they'd be late considering they've delayed over two months now. Now people are stuck... you can get a refund and go to the back of the line somewhere else or just suck it up. A truly crappy scenario.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:24:24 PM

This is what bugs me so much! I was duped... they knew damn well there was no way in hell they were going to make October, yet they were tight lipped about it and secured the majority of the preorders. There's no way that they didn't know that they'd be late considering they've delayed over two months now. Now people are stuck... you can get a refund and go to the back of the line somewhere else or just suck it up. A truly crappy scenario.
My speculation is that they didn't know their ship date would be pushed out until their first batch of chips failed.  That's when they had to push back the ship date significantly.  Midway through October, they were still very confident about meeting the early November deadline (pushed to then from late October due to miscellaneous parts not having arrived yet).  They were also ready to bring out two prominent members to view the prototypes right after they built them in early November.  Unfortunately, the new chips didn't work out for whatever reason, and all they could do is put them on the boards and show us pictures, while they wait for the new fixed batch of chips to arrive.

The language of the postings from all members of BFL definitely shifted late October.  It seems as though they were fully expecting to be able to ship them out in early November, then something happened and they realized they could not.  My bet is that "something" that happened was something wrong with the chips, especially since someone pointed out the bulging on one of them in the pictures.

They did say right from the start that they expected to ship late October provided there were no unexpected delays.... well viola, unexpected delays!  I don't blame them for things beyond their control.  I always viewed October as a best-case scenario, since they pretty well stated as much that's what it was.

EDIT:  I will be sorely disappointed if they are unable to ship them out before other ASIC vendors begin their shipments, but I made my bet, and I'll deal with the consequences of losing it.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:35:20 PM

...and it's posts like this that pushed me away from BFL. Who is Inaba and why does he say "we've" when he's talking about BFL?

I don't know who you are talking about? Whenever I see that screen name I see the name Inability.

See take a look

Oh that's right he wears two hats but consistently forgets to swap them when acting as a BFL mouthpiece. BTCFPGA's potentially slipping shipping schedule in no way parallels BFL's estimateS and missed shipping scheduleS. You should watch some training videos on how to represent a company. The McDonalds around the corner has more professional personalities representing them at the drive thru window.
Well, thats pretty harsh.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 10:47:01 PM

And this, kids, is why Creativex is a failure in life while those around him succeed.  It's why he trolls the Bitcointalk forums, manufacturing "fake" facts to make himself feel better.  I'd pity him if I cared, but I don't.

Callous Inaba is Callous.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:49:22 PM

Inaba, can you at least tell us if you have had one batch of chips already come through, and they didn't work out, so you're waiting on another batch?
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:57:50 PM

Inaba, can you at least tell us if you have had one batch of chips already come through, and they didn't work out, so you're waiting on another batch?

How about proving you have a test unit functioning at claimed speed? Surely enough time has passed for that to be showable if an order is in for so many chips...

Nah. That would be too easy.
creativex

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:05:16 PM

And this, kids, is why Creativex is a failure in life while those around him succeed.  It's why he trolls the Bitcointalk forums, manufacturing "fake" facts to make himself feel better.  I'd pity him if I cared, but I don't.

Which fake facts might those be sir? Your posts are always long on rhetoric and doublespeak and short on substance.

dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:05:38 PM

I actually wouldn't mind if he stood his ground. I just mind when he attacks, insults, belittles and distorts, but maybe it's just me. I've never cared much for passive aggressive asshats.

This.  What he's doing is just bad business practice.  Support your own damn product, and leave the rest alone.

You know, I had been using EclipseMC for my mining pools when I had gpu's and I was planning on bringing my asic's there too.  Unfortunately Inaba's such an ass-hat that I'm going to have to find a different pool.

/queue post from Inaba that he doesn't care where I take my miners anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: