Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:44:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49500 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:08:28 PM

Inaba, can you at least tell us if you have had one batch of chips already come through, and they didn't work out, so you're waiting on another batch?

How about proving you have a test unit functioning at claimed speed? Surely enough time has passed for that to be showable if an order is in for so many chips...

Nah. That would be too easy.
They don't have a test unit/prototype.  If they did, you can bet your bottom they'd be showing it off the moment they could.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:12:00 PM

Josh, you just posted over on your own forums that the chips are "still on the other side of the ocean" and that you're "working on getting an exact day".  Why the hell are you getting into pissing matches here instead of moving heaven and earth to get that information and relay it to your users?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:17:00 PM

Inaba, can you at least tell us if you have had one batch of chips already come through, and they didn't work out, so you're waiting on another batch?

How about proving you have a test unit functioning at claimed speed? Surely enough time has passed for that to be showable if an order is in for so many chips...

They don't have a test unit/prototype.  If they did, you can bet your bottom they'd be showing it off the moment they could.

If this is true then BFL's ASIC program is a complete failure. BTCFPGA admitted they had a prototype working long ago and they started accepting zero interest loans pre-orders months after BFL. If BFL doesn't have a prototype of some sort by now then I propose we create a new tag here to go along with the scammer tag.

Behold...the INCOMPETENT tag.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 11:18:39 PM

What exactly do you want me to do?  Fly to Asia and knock on someones door?  

Let's be realistic here.  I can't very well force someone to give me a date that's accurate, since by forcing them I might be putting them in a position to give me a false date just to get me off their ass... and that helps no one.

Population:  CreativeX

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:19:19 PM

If this is true then BFL's ASIC program is a complete failure. BTCFPGA admitted they had a prototype working long ago and they started accepting zero interest loans pre-orders months after BFL. If BFL doesn't have a prototype of some sort by now then I propose we create a new tag here to go along with the scammer tag.

Josh, you just posted over on your own forums that the chips are "still on the other side of the ocean" and that you're "working on getting an exact day".  Why the hell are you getting into pissing matches here instead of moving heaven and earth to get that information and relay it to your users?

They're also going to work through turkey day to ensure the deadline is MET. ...well unless turkey day falls on thanksgiving this year...it *IS* a holiday afterall.

creativex

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:20:22 PM

Let's be realistic here.  I can't very well force someone to give me a date that's accurate, since by forcing them I might be putting them in a position to give me a false date just to get me off their ass... and that helps no one.

Population:  CreativeX

Clever. Still reeling.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 11:21:26 PM

They're also going to work through turkey day to ensure the deadline is MET. ...well unless turkey day falls on thanksgiving this year...it *IS* a holiday afterall.

Wow, I didn't have to look very far to find where you make up facts and lie about it!  You provided it almost immediately... but that's not terribly surprising, since basically everything you post is a lie in one fashion or another.  Thanks for making my job easy.

In before you say "Nuh uh!"  Please provide the link to where I said that.  I know exactly what I said, but I want you to go exploring and find it on your own to show what an idiot you are.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:25:01 PM

What reputable business would not be able to give you an estimate of when they'll have the chips, that's just absurd. Are you guys using a 3rd world sweat shop or something to pump these things out?

Also... why is BFL too cheap to pay for an expedited order?

EDIT: You don't even have to respond to those questions. I know why, because you guys have yet to design a working chip. You're probably on your 3rd revision by now and it doesn't even work.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:33:34 PM

What reputable business would not be able to give you an estimate of when they'll have the chips, that's just absurd. Are you guys using a 3rd world sweat shop or something to pump these things out?

EDIT: You don't even have to respond to those questions. I know why, because you guys have yet to design a working chip. You're probably on your 3rd revision by now and it doesn't even work.
They have responded previously that they do have an expedited order.
repentance

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:36:20 PM

Flying to Asia and knocking on someone's door might not be a bad idea at this point.  You've basically implied that even if they give you a date you can't trust it to be accurate - which says something about your suppliers in and of itself.  I realise that some of the figures regarding the value of BFL pre-orders are probably widely over-stating the reality, but I'd also be willing to bet that the value of this particular contract is significant.  It's not just your reputation and future business which is on the line - your supplier's reputation is on the line too and you can leverage that shit.  

"We'll send you the chips when we get around to it and we can't tell you when that will be" is not an acceptable response and you know that.  I hope to hell you have penalty clauses in your contract because for all your bravado you must realise that this is hurting BFL and that "they won't give us a date" isn't going to fly with your users.  This is a bullet run, FFS.  Some ass needs to be kicked and I can't think of anyone more qualified than you to do it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:39:28 PM

It is cheap for a reason? (65nm)

Imagine if everyone could pop out 65nm chips at a cheap and affordable rate (like BFL has sourced [allegedly]).

Why wouldn't their chosen fab be backed up?
creativex

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:40:13 PM

Wow, I didn't have to look very far to find where you make up facts and lie about it!  You provided it almost immediately... but that's not terribly surprising, since basically everything you post is a lie in one fashion or another.  Thanks for making my job easy.

In before you say "Nuh uh!"  Please provide the link to where I said that.  I know exactly what I said, but I want you to go exploring and find it on your own to show what an idiot you are.

LOL you're the absolute worst spokesperson ever Josh. Seriously. PRODUCE A PRODUCT AND NEVER MIND THE SILLY WORD GAMES.

I am not doing your homework for you, find your own links. You said some meaningless crap(always) about letting no turkey survive while BFL customers wait. Course you also said something about having chips in hand 25 days from October 31st...but that didn't pan out either. Nearly everything you post is similar. Sounds credible on the face, but rarely turns out to be true. Hey if you want pointers on how to do your job go here:

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php

Look up posts by "buzzdave". I'm sure you'll find them inspirational.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 11:45:49 PM

Wow, I didn't have to look very far to find where you make up facts and lie about it!  You provided it almost immediately... but that's not terribly surprising, since basically everything you post is a lie in one fashion or another.  Thanks for making my job easy.

In before you say "Nuh uh!"  Please provide the link to where I said that.  I know exactly what I said, but I want you to go exploring and find it on your own to show what an idiot you are.

LOL you're the absolute worst spokesperson ever Josh. Seriously. PRODUCE A PRODUCT AND NEVER MIND THE SILLY WORD GAMES.

I am not doing your homework for you, find your own links. You said some meaningless crap(always) about letting no turkey survive while BFL customers wait. Course you also said something about having chips in hand 25 days from October 31st...but that didn't pan out either. Nearly everything you post is similar. Sounds credible on the face, but rarely turns out to be true. Hey if you want pointers on how to do your job go here:

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php

Look up posts by "buzzdave". I'm sure you'll find them inspirational.

Haha thanks for proving me right CreativeX.  You know you just lied and now your response is: "Nuh uh!  I'm not going to do your work for you.  Herp Derp!" 

Yep, a liar through and through!  Good work and thanks for making my job easy, Sparky! 

PS - I looked at the forum you linked, it looks like a bunch of BS to me... and according to you, I know BS, so what's that say?  Yeah, hows that transparency working out for you?  Got your bASIC yet?  How much power will it use?  When is it shipping?  What is the board design? Do you know anything about it other than "Yeah, we are in the design process! I'll let you know soon."   Oh... sorry, did I just hit a sore subject?

repentance

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:47:54 PM

Why wouldn't their chosen fab be backed up?

Even if their fab's backed up, it should still be able to tell them with a reasonable degree of accuracy when their bullet run will happen and when the chips will be shipped to BFL.  How the hell does BFL know that the fab house has even started work on their run yet if they can't get accurate dates from them?  I seriously would be threatening to come over to Asia and watch the production run at this point because I'd no longer have any confidence that they were actually expediting my order.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:51:03 PM

Flying to Asia and knocking on someone's door might not be a bad idea at this point.  You've basically implied that even if they give you a date you can't trust it to be accurate - which says something about your suppliers in and of itself.
Indeed. High fab prices keep those little companies orders at bay. (well for the low nm scales) 

I realise that some of the figures regarding the value of BFL pre-orders are probably widely over-stating the reality, but I'd also be willing to bet that the value of this particular contract is significant.  It's not just your reputation and future business which is on the line - your supplier's reputation is on the line too and you can leverage that shit.  
No comments.

"We'll send you the chips when we get around to it and we can't tell you when that will be" is not an acceptable response and you know that.
Only when you pay for it. You pay less, you get worse quality, thats always been the case in most industries.

I hope to hell you have penalty clauses in your contract because for all your bravado you must realise that this is hurting BFL and that "they won't give us a date" isn't going to fly with your users.  This is a bullet run, FFS.  Some ass needs to be kicked and I can't think of anyone more qualified than you to do it.

If it is a cheapo fab...why would they add clauses where they would lose money on a consistent basis?

Hell they probably have a clause to cover them against all liabilities. [Wild Speculation and joking opinion only]
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:51:15 PM

crap deleted

Instead of spending so much time insulting users - and potential customers - here on the forums, wouldn't it be better to move heaven and earth to get those bloody chips?

Does BFL seriously pay you for trolling here and on the BFL forums???

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:54:05 PM

By the way, No BFL representative has to actually go to China. They can hire a Professional Agent overseas to do the nagging and inspections of the work being done.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:56:48 PM

this is me...

every time i check this thread out  Grin

repentance

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 12:07:42 AM

By the way, No BFL representative has to actually go to China. They can hire a Professional Agent overseas to do the nagging and inspections of the work being done.

If they didn't actually do this at the outset, then there's a real problem.  That said, "professional agents" are an interesting phenomenon to deal with and if they're not actually keeping you informed and updated then you're probably not getting what you're paying for from them, either.  That Josh doesn't know exactly what the hold up is suggests that they might be using an agent (who is apparently not doing their job properly), but that's no guarantee that he's going to get accurate information about what's actually going on and when the production run will actually be completed and shipped.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 12:14:51 AM

For a multi-million dollar business, this shouldn't even be an actual issue....well, not for such a long and protracted period of time.

That it is...

In retrospect, they probably should have spent the cash on the fabs that do charge more but will actually stay on schedule  (most of the time).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: