Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:29:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49500 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:29:41 AM

rofl if you havent ordered from them, WTF are you doing whining and bithing about them?

Isn't that what this thread is about? BFL shipping plans? Categorize my comments however you like, but I didn't see the sign that said I had to be a customer of BFL's to comment on their...fail.

Fair enough. Now I guess I'm going to go troll on bASIC's threads....... Wink

Okay, have fun.

You guys have spent too much time listening to Josh. On topic comments are not trolling. You may not like the comments and you may not agree with the comments, but everyone you disagree with is not a troll.

poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:39:46 AM

rofl if you havent ordered from them, WTF are you doing whining and bithing about them?

Isn't that what this thread is about? BFL shipping plans? Categorize my comments however you like, but I didn't see the sign that said I had to be a customer of BFL's to comment on their...fail.

Okay, have fun.

You guys have spent too much time listening to Josh. On topic comments are not trolling. You may not like the comments and you may not agree with the comments, but everyone you disagree with is not a troll.

I'm not listening to Josh or Tom for that matter. I don't trust either of them. But your acting like BFL took your first born......so much hate. Don't you have anything better to do than troll these threads?
creativex

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:43:34 AM

Can you define the word "trolling"? I thought I was discussing.

Actually I can't think of anyone or anything I hate.

Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:51:13 AM

Yeah, they should update it to early March and get ahead of the curve. Shocked

Cracks me up......bASIC drops the ball and you still talk sh!t bout BFL. Too funny.

BFL projected shipping(currently) = 3 months overdue. Compensation to customers? NADA.
bASIC projected shipping = 1.5 months overdue. Compensation to customers? 33% more speed FREE

if im not mistaking here, bfl prob can and most likely will release firmware that can up the speed their product...
and didn't BFL already bump up the speeds from, for the peppers, 3.5GH/s to 4.5GH/s?

Yet you don't give them credit for that... hardly impartial...

-- Smoov
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:56:52 AM

That's not a feature exclusive to BFL.

Man don't get so butt hurt...Nobody said it was. But if BFL ships first with lower power consumption who cares if the hash rate is lower.

Cheesy Exactly.Lower power consumption for the LONG haul baby  Cool

Plus,BFL gives a power adapter & USB cable,with the "others" you have to BUY an adapter or use a PSU & BUY cables to adapt the device to the PSU & USB  Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
creativex

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:58:26 AM

Yet you don't give them credit for that... hardly impartial...

-- Smoov

Who said I was impartial?

Couple things, first, everyone increased speeds awhile back(bASIC, BFL, & Avalon) and actually it was at that point that the Jally receeded in popularity because it received less of a speed bump than other products...including BFL's own products. Secondly this is off topic as the comment I made was in regard to shipping(OT).

creativex

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:03:21 AM

Plus,BFL gives a power adapter & USB cable,with the "others" you have to BUY an adapter or use a PSU & BUY cables to adapt the device to the PSU & USB  Tongue

I don't know what power consumption will be, I know BFL's estimate of power consumption. I only hope it's a whole lot more accurate than their estimates for their FPGA products. Yeah got lots of PSUs and cables, not worried, neither would I give up 12Gh and $230 more for a power supply and cable.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:14:47 AM

Yeah, they should update it to early March and get ahead of the curve. Shocked

Cracks me up......bASIC drops the ball and you still talk sh!t bout BFL. Too funny.

BFL projected shipping(currently) = 3 months overdue. Compensation to customers? NADA.
bASIC projected shipping = 1.5 months overdue. Compensation to customers? 33% more speed FREE

if im not mistaking here, bfl prob can and most likely will release firmware that can up the speed their product...
Wait a moment,

Is that a confirmed feature (reported by a BFL representative and confirmed by one) or is that just "a hopeful feature"?

You got one BFL representative right now in this thread, why don't you get him to confirm it for you?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:14:51 AM

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:18:00 AM

Yep, you are too stupid to understand math.

End of October - End of December = 2 months.  We may ship before the end of December, therefore it's less than 2 months.  In any event, it's not even close to 3.  You are an idiot for sure!  You just can't make a post without lying, can you?

Herp Derp!  CreativeX apparently things October to December = 3 months!

lol yeah right. You'll get the chips on hopefully possibly maybe the fuzzy week of December 11 and ship out products on Xmas day. Get real Josh. Just release a real shipping schedule and stop with the game playing.
He called me a "pathological liar" earlier when I said they revised their shipping statement till the beginning of January.

Now he turns around and sings the approximately the same tune. (Does that mean I am no longer a pathological liar? Wink )

Or does anyone really expect that if you start the shipping process between the 24th and New Years that it will somehow get to it's destination before January?

Heck, why doesn't he ship one lucky guy or gal a prototype rig right now, with just one unit out the door they can claim a release date of Early December. (Just not in any reasonable released quantities!)

But those are just the small details. Have the devices been certified by the FCC?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:26:38 AM

If I ordered from BFL I wouldn't want to hear about it either.
Ouch. You hit everyone just now, below the belt.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:31:20 AM

Okay, have fun.

On a slightly different topic of fanboys:

What makes a person a fanboy of a product ?

See the video below for an insightful answer to this question. If you see yourself practicing what is described...then start wising up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-73NjdC5QQ
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:39:56 AM

That's not a feature exclusive to BFL.

Man don't get so butt hurt...Nobody said it was. But if BFL ships first with lower power consumption who cares if the hash rate is lower.

Thats actually pretty good. I hate it when things come incomplete (like printers without their cables or servers without their infiniband interconnect, whatyoumaycallit.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 03:38:44 AM

Or minirigs without the velcrostrips holding the usb hubs in place.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 05:27:29 AM

If I ordered from BFL I wouldn't want to hear about it either.

The worst part is we're not "hearing" about anything. We're just reading through tons of ramblings and trollings of people that just want to hate on a company because they are:
a). afraid this company may pull from their bottom line by shipping ASICs first
b). frustrated that people investing/betting in/on BFL care a lot less about these taunts and the delays that were somewhat expected
c). just an ass
d). all of the above
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 05:33:41 AM

End of October - End of December = 2 months.  We may ship before the end of December, therefore it's less than 2 months.

After all the claims about padding the schedule so that you'd ship in October and how you wouldn't make the same mistake you made with FPGAs, you want to come here to brag about only being 2 months late? You really should stick to your company forums where you can ban people who spread the truth about you.

Ohhh!  Ok, so we are playing the "I am going to make up numbers game."  Got it... in that case, Tom is about 4.5 months over due, since it's completely unrealistic that he'll be shipping in the middle of January.  So there you go!  I didn't know we were pulling numbers out of our ass.

Why are you so obsessed with Tom?

Buy & Hold
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:19:37 PM

made me lol.
u sir, have made my day Smiley

bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 01:34:34 PM

BFL zone :

Wink
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 07:58:24 PM

So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the design of their casing?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/459-new-single-sc-pics.html
BFL_Josh: "I was taking some pics for some promotional stuff tonight, so I thought I'd share some of the pics. This is the new, taller case to accomodate some better airflow, ..."

One could expect that they by now have tons of casings ready just waiting for the PCB to be plugged in - yet they don't even have that!

Man! How on earth would you have kept your initial deadline for October (or even November) shipment?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:04:06 PM

Rehost the pictures please. I need to know if those are renders again or an actual physical object.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: