Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:43:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49503 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:12:56 PM

But until then... I will just sit back and watch the race for the first ASIC develop with a much lower stress level!  Grin

I'll be joining you soon if this continues. I'm getting stressed waiting for bASIC to release info. An empty wiki page is not going to cut it. Angry

bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:15:10 PM

I guess I can't complain about BFL anymore lol, I finally pulled the trigger.

What am I going to do with my free time???

Now, lets find out how "fast and "flawless" those refunds are!  Cheesy  Grin

Good luck to those that are not going to jump ship!

You should have waited until bitcoins went back to $5.  You are getting a refund at the worst possible time (with regard to the exchange rate).
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:18:15 PM

You should have waited until bitcoins went back to $5.  You are getting a refund at the worst possible time (with regard to the exchange rate).
With an order in late 9000s, and confirmation on 2012/10/2, the exchange rate wasn't $5 like it was in July when some of us pre-ordered. It was what, $10 or $11? It hit $15, but dropped down a bit.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
thebaron

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:24:09 PM

But until then... I will just sit back and watch the race for the first ASIC develop with a much lower stress level!  Grin

You're probably better off just dropping the refund money on BTC and sitting on them.
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:31:47 PM

With an order in late 9000s, and confirmation on 2012/10/2, the exchange rate wasn't $5 like it was in July when some of us pre-ordered. It was what, $10 or $11? It hit $15, but dropped down a bit.

Then I paid twice as much BTC as you for the same stuff. Consider that!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:40:35 PM

Yes, it was around 11 or 11.50 when I purchased, so I didn't miss out on too much.
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:47:30 PM

Who cares, BFL offers payment in bitcoin, but they don't take them. They take $ from bit-pay and dont care about exchange rate.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:50:37 PM

Who cares, BFL offers payment in bitcoin, but they don't take them. They take $ from bit-pay and dont care about exchange rate.

I would of made about $1,400 if I would of just held on to the BTC and not pre-ordered any product. This is what they are talking about.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:56:19 PM

Uh, no, you paid half as many BTC. I remember buying an FPGA Single for > 110BTC back in the summer. I paid almost the same amount (in coins) for a SC Single, worth over twice as much!

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:01:51 PM

Uh, no, you paid half as many BTC. I remember buying an FPGA Single for > 110BTC back in the summer. I paid almost the same amount (in coins) for a SC Single, worth over twice as much!
My two SC's cost me about 450 BTC.  Sad  Hopefully the mining will make up for it!  Of course, I didn't expect the price to rise either, so I probably would have sold the BTC had I not used it to buy miners.  Hindsight is always 20/20...
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:09:08 PM

if your going to look at it like that, how do you think the pizza guy feels about his 10k btc....
if everyone thinks like that, it means noone is going to spend any coins cause they think its going to be worth shitloads of fiat crap sometime in the future.

if noone spends coins, noone wants coins wich makes them worthless...

back to topic, gogo cancel your asics! make the queue shorter for the rest of us Tongue

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:18:26 PM

if your going to look at it like that, how do you think the pizza guy feels about his 10k btc....
if everyone thinks like that, it means noone is going to spend any coins cause they think its going to be worth shitloads of fiat crap sometime in the future.

back to topic, gogo cancel your asics! make the queue shorter for the rest of us Tongue

I was getting 360 Gh with BFL.

I could get 576 Gh from bASIC with only $500 more invested.

I think I made the right decision...

I'll let the manufacturers continue the performance/price war, and whoever wins that with actual proof of device existence will get my order!
creativex

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:18:32 PM

That's a horrible oversimplification. I've missed out on about 14% of the rise in value of the 55ish BTC I used to purchase one bASIC01 unit since I ordered them in mid October(I paid for 1.5 units in FRNs). As I was expecting the units in the next week or two and that's now not going to happen I will likely be paying more in "opportunity costs" lost in the near future.

Had I paid BFL in the summer in BTC for gear that was supposed to be delivered in October, I'd probably be collecting addresses of those responsible for stealing from me right now.

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:22:51 PM

Oh I actually agree with you. I've never held onto coins hoping the price was going to rise. If I want to buy something and I have the coins, I buy it. I've bought stuff at < $3 before. You can't regret that.

greyhawk

Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:45:11 PM

Hurray for a lull in trolling.

Here, have some more courtesy of BFL:

Quote from: BFL_Josh
We will definitely not be shipping the week of the 11th, but we should still be getting the chips this month and I should have the exact date from the fab (as in, they will be in breach of contract if they don't deliver by that date) by the end of the week I am told. I have finally discovered why I was not able to acquire that information before now, which helps me get a better handle on the timeline.

We are absolutely still on target to be the first ASIC vendor to ship and I hope to have a specific timeline by this weekend for everyone, Satoshi willing

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/492-good-news-good-read-2.html#post7277
creativex

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:52:13 PM

Doesn't that equate to BFL shipping before January 14? Is that Avalon's current shipping date?

I don't see that happening, but time will tell.

greyhawk

Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:11:20 PM

Doesn't that equate to BFL shipping before January 14?

For me equates to "We have no idea what we are doing".
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 08:15:56 PM

Not wanting to spread FUD or start a war with Inaba, but "clock buffers" + "fab" = February. If they get chips in December they most likely wont contain those extra clock buffers.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
creativex

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:17:24 PM

Doesn't that equate to BFL shipping before January 14?

For me equates to "We have no idea what we are doing".

lol Agreed. I'm convinced they're(he's?) either totally incompetent or deserving of a scammer tag. Repeatedly spitting out "scheduled shipping" dates that don't make any sense is costing people money and preventing them from re-distributing their resources elsewhere. It reeks of intentional deception.

michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:19:37 PM

You're probably better off just dropping the refund money on BTC and sitting on them.

That's the conclusion I came to.  Had the products shipped earlier, it would be a different story... but they didn't, so it is refund time, which BFL did provide me.  I suspect as more and more people think about it, they're going to start demanding refunds as well.

Ultimately, the majority of miners, even if they love BTC, measure what they're doing in terms of dollars.  Let a big upward trend reveal itself and you'll have everyone jumping ship on Josh and Tom and whoever else so they can get their dollars, buy BTC, and make dollars that way.  I could be wrong, but I have a feeling if things continue to go bad for BFL, the hard-core fans are going to get stuck holding the bag.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: