Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Done with GLBSE  (Read 7452 times)
Ocean6 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:16:04 PM

This has gone too far.

I am selling everything I have there, moving out all of my BTC, and never trading there again.

The owner of the platform acts vindictively and hot-headed, freezes accounts/issues of anyone he doesn't agree with, and has basically placed hundreds if not thousands of his customer's BTC in limbo.

Death-knell. I predict crickets over there.

Life is What you Make it!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:19:35 PM

This has gone too far.

I am selling everything I have there, moving out all of my BTC, and never trading there again.

The owner of the platform acts vindictively and hot-headed, freezes accounts/issues of anyone he doesn't agree with, and has basically placed hundreds if not thousands of his customer's BTC in limbo.

You know that your BTC are held by the asset issuer if you bought shares , right?

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 12:26:48 PM

This has gone too far.

Way to jump in front of a parade. Are you a politician ?

phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:41:12 PM

This has gone too far.

You know that your BTC are held by the asset issuer if you bought shares , right?

If the asset issuer had his account shut down by Nefario no, the asset issuer does not hold the BTC. Nefario has the BTC.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Ocean6 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:42:37 PM

This has gone too far.

No I am not, I am choosing to warn my fellow Bitcoiners as to what is happening.

And how is your post helpful at all, or are you simply a smart-ass that wants to inject himself into every situation?

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 12:50:41 PM

This has gone too far.

No I am not, I am choosing to warn my fellow Bitcoiners as to what is happening.

And how is your post helpful at all, or are you simply a smart-ass that wants to inject himself into every situation?

People already know whats happening they dont need 5000 new threads about it.

Ocean6 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:51:45 PM

This has gone too far.

People already know whats happening they dont need 5000 new threads about it.

Yet you continue to perpetuate this one... ironical much?

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:38:24 PM

This has gone too far.

If the asset issuer had his account shut down by Nefario no, the asset issuer does not hold the BTC. Nefario has the BTC.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

at this time it seems that I can not get them back unless I agree to my account being shut down and my assets delisted. I do not consent to that so I do not know how I can get my coins back Sad

You've been given all the details you need to continue operating without GLBSE.

I've also asked you for a BTC address to send the remaining balance in your accounts to you.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
stepkrav

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:46:07 PM

Can you inform the rest of us what the dispute is about?
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:58:06 PM

I do not agree to your proposal.

Then you're asset holders should push to have you prosecuted for fraud.

You have a fiduciary duty to your asset holders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary_duty

And you have been given all the information needed to carry that duty out.

phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:04:22 PM

This has gone too far.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

at this time it seems that I can not get them back unless I agree to my account being shut down and my assets delisted. I do not consent to that so I do not know how I can get my coins back Sad

I've also asked you for a BTC address to send the remaining balance in your accounts to you.

Okay, so you do not want to secure the BTC of your Investors because you feel like you do not want to "comply".
Guys we have a winner. There is probably little chance that you get the possibiliy to make this mess clean without you working something out for your shareholders.

Investments with you are NOT safe.

Nefarios action maybe hotheaded , but you are doing little to help the people that trusted you. If I were you i would have a solution for my investors that trusted me ready right now and would look after nefario later.

Can you inform the rest of us what's the dispute is about?

I had some assets he wanted. I resisted his forced sale and he delisted my assets and close my GLBSE account thus taking my assets.

Goat resisted his forced sale because he felt like his fake shares are undervalued (he sold them for 10 BTC to someone, nefario wanted to pay him the double the initial ipo price alas 0.2 BTC), and wanted to give nefario a scammer tag. Nefario then cut ties with Goat and delisted his assets without prior notice. He gave Goat everything he needed to identify who is holding his shares.

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Are we sure this is what we want fellas? S.E.C is already looking and this is just horrible, Not taking either side don't care but some sort of private agreement.  Like a 1 week time frame for goat to get his affairs in order then pull the plug?

pyrkne

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:13:36 PM

It's so sad watching everyone in this forum butting heads.

I could resolve to only do business with people who don't blow up at each other over the internet...

But then it looks like I'd be doing business alone.

~pyotr
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:31:59 PM

You have a fiduciary duty to your asset holders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary_duty

Why do you link to wikipedia?  You should know the original sources if you hope to continue in your current business.

Next, you'll be citing episodes of Matlock.
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:42:49 PM

Why do you link to wikipedia?  You should know the original sources if you hope to continue in your current business.

Next, you'll be citing episodes of Matlock.

Because it's a good explanation of what fiduciary duty is, whats your point?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:49:35 PM

Maybe he means the page does not include enough citations and he lacks edit rights there so cannot correct it himself?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:51:31 PM

Are we sure this is what we want fellas? S.E.C is already looking and this is just horrible, Not taking either side don't care but some sort of private agreement.  Like a 1 week time frame for goat to get his affairs in order then pull the plug?

+5

I also think that would be a good idea. Relist goat's assets for a week or a two with huge warnings, to give the asset holders  the time to get out  and strike a deal with goat. I can understand nefario's position all to well, but I dont think shareholders should get in the cross fire like this. Plus its also giving goat a convenient excuse.
phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:01:39 PM

This has gone too far.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

Okay, so you do not want to secure the BTC of your Investors because you feel like you do not want to "comply".
Guys we have a winner. There is probably little chance that you get the possibiliy to make this mess clean without you working something out for your shareholders.

Investments with you are NOT safe.

Nefarios action maybe hotheaded , but you are doing little to help the people that trusted you. If I were you i would have a solution for my investors that trusted me ready right now and would look after nefario later.

Can you inform the rest of us what's the dispute is about?

I had some assets he wanted. I resisted his forced sale and he delisted my assets and close my GLBSE account thus taking my assets.

Goat resisted his forced sale because he felt like his fake shares are undervalued (he sold them for 10 BTC to someone, nefario wanted to pay him the double the initial ipo price alas 0.2 BTC), and wanted to give nefario a scammer tag. Nefario then cut ties with Goat and delisted his assets without prior notice. He gave Goat everything he needed to identify who is holding his shares.

That is not 100% correct.

First of all there is no way I can identify who is holding my shares. There is nothing I can do to know for 100% who owns my shares.

Second of all as a property owner I have the right to refuse the sale of an asset. If nefario does not want to give me the price I think is fair he just can't have it (unless he uses force and takes it).

If you are dealing with them on GLBSE there is no 100% security either, if their account is compromised you cannot ensure it 100%. As far as i understood every shareholder got an identifier. The longer it takes for you to setup a system where they could register, the bigger is the chance of theft of codes. So act quick to reduce your shareholders potential damage.

As far as i understood : Nefario is forced to delete the asset, because he wants to make GLBSE a legitimate company. These were fake shares. He made a mistake in claiming that he would honor them, but was not in the position to decide this. So he is offering you a compensation out of his own pockets with twice the value of the share at "IPO". This is more than generous. He just could delist the asset of the fake GLBSE and that was it then. He is not even the owner of this IPO. Neither is he the solemn owner of GLBSE. Goat, you fucked up big time. Get your head out of your ass and set it straight.

Nefario clearly made mistakes but not giving you a higher price for your shares or even actual GLBSE shares was not one of them.

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:36:31 PM

This has gone too far.

It's not about you agreeing. You're off GLBSE - deal with it and give nefario a BTC address. Trying to claim that he's keeping your BTC hostage when you're actively refusing to give him the details he needs to give it back is just shady.

First of all there is no way I can identify who is holding my shares. There is nothing I can do to know for 100% who owns my shares.
...Unless you use the codes given to you by GLBSE
Ocean6 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:36:17 PM

I don't care if Goat wants to bury his head in the sand, because I can write off the small amount of BTC I had in his issue,

but I do care that Nefario is ruining his reputation and trading floor, because I had a lot of BTC invested there.

If Nefario has decided to punish his customers because of a dispute with Goat over something else, he will reap the reward of a useless and untrusted trading floor.

Already sold off 90% of my holdings and took out the BTC.

Waiting for the remainder to sell, and will never be back.

TERRIBLE WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: