Poll
Question: Is the earth a globe/sphere?
Of course! - 31 (62%)
No, we've been lied to. - 17 (34%)
I just don't know for sure... - 2 (4%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is there such an insurgence of flat-earthers in 2015?  (Read 29767 times)
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:02:11 PM

The world is flat, and resting on the backs of four elephants who, in turn, stand upon the back of a gigantic, space-travelling  turtle. This image below is from NASA:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:54:18 PM

The Flat Earth Conspiracy Debate! Yes, Really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsOz_J6tJVU

While the guest on this show clearly isn't a shill or controlled opposition he really does a piss poor job of explaining things and still doesn't understand perspective and the vanishing point properly. However, autoplay is set on in my YouTube and the next video that played,

The Flat Earth 2015 - The Full Documentary HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAN5RxEOST8

is excellent and goes over 21 different proofs, some of them are undeniable.

galdur

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 09:52:20 PM

I wonder how the international space station fits into these flat earth conjectures. It orbits the earth every 90 minutes or so. It´s in low earth orbit and can sometimes be seen even with naked eyes and certainly untold people track it regularly with telescopes etc.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 09:59:16 PM

I wonder how the international space station fits into these flat earth conjectures. It orbits the earth every 90 minutes or so. It´s in low earth orbit and can sometimes be seen even with naked eyes and certainly untold people track it regularly with telescopes etc.

"project blue beam"
galdur

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:05:21 PM

"project blue beam"

Also it´s difficult to see how a flat earth would be formed in the first place. If you stayed awake at least some of the time in school you´ve probably heard of something called gravity and learned that planets are round for reasons having to do with said gravity.

galdur

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:09:48 PM

It was a big blow to flat earth fringe kooks in the fifties when the Soviets launched Sputnik into orbit and that proved without a shadow of a doubt that the earth was round. But later the interwebs came into existence and kooks got instant access to millions of morons.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:23:49 PM

It was a big blow to flat earth fringe kooks in the fifties when the Soviets launched Sputnik into orbit and that proved without a shadow of a doubt that the earth was round. But later the interwebs came into existence and kooks got instant access to millions of morons.

How do you prove they weren't just bouncing their signal off the ionosphere?
galdur

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:28:50 PM

Well, if I were dumb enough to try to prove that I´d have to do the same with thousands of other satellites and the international space station. I guess. Maybe you should try.  Grin

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:35:14 PM

Well, if I were dumb enough to try to prove that I´d have to do the same with thousands of other satellites and the international space station. I guess. Maybe you should try.  Grin

Well I just cast the shadow of doubt on Sputnik.

Glorification of the Eucharist by Ventura Salimbeni painted in 1600
galdur

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:39:37 PM

Most people that read this and have an I.Q.over 60 probably think, cast doubt on Sputnik what is the guy talking about, there have been thousands of other satellites that millions upon millions of people have tracked around the world.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:46:29 PM

Most people that read this and have an I.Q.over 60 probably think, cast doubt on Sputnik what is the guy talking about, there have been thousands of other satellites that millions upon millions of people have tracked around the world.

Maybe notbatman has part of a point there.

Back in the '50s they told us we were going to the moon. They showed us pictures of what it would be like living in space and on the moon.

Then in the '60s they got serious. We went to the moon. We have the movies and pictures to prove it. We even have the moon rock samples that they brought back.

In the '70s we were all excited, and we were patiently waiting. The weeks turned into months; the months turned into years; the years turned into decades. We forgot our excitement in the humdrum of life. We even forgot about the fact that they stopped fulfilling their promise - the promise of big time moon settlements.

Then in the '80s, we started to find fake photography in the moon photos. We found the fake movies, movies made on earth, of make-believe moon landings. We found that we never went to the moon at all. It was all a fake, designed to get more tax dollars out of us.

Now, as the general public is starting to find out the the moon trips of the '60s were all a lie, NASA is starting its line of BS all over again. It's basically the same line. The Orion space capsule is simply a larger version of the Apollo space capsule. But the pitch is still about the same - Youtube search on "NASA Orion." And the fake movies that will be made will seem more real than ever, because movie-making technology has advanced far beyond what it used to be.

Certainly the earth is round(ish). Certainly there is an outer space out there. But notbatman's points remind us that NASA and the government are a bunch of liars and swindlers at heart. And they are getting ready to "rape" another generation of us, now that we of the baby boomer generation have almost forgotten.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
galdur

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:00:15 AM

Of course they´ve lied and lied. I certainly don´t deny that. But there are limits. For example this flat earth nonsense suspends basic natural law. Gravity doesn´t really exist. It´s beyond the pale.

galdur

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:05:16 AM

On earth the theoretical limit for the maximum height a tree can attain is about 130m, limited by the maximum height to which capillary action can carry water. So, my question to flat earth believers would be how would that work on a flat earth and would the maximum height be the same all over the flat disc, center to edge?  Grin

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:41:22 AM

On earth the theoretical limit for the maximum height a tree can attain is about 130m, limited by the maximum height to which capillary action can carry water. So, my question to flat earth believers would be how would that work on a flat earth and would the maximum height be the same all over the flat disc, center to edge?  Grin

The acceleration of the force we call gravity is measured to be roughly the same all over the surface (9.81 m/s2). However, this says nothing about its cause or mechanism of action which seems to me to be electromagnetic in nature. This being the case gravity would be a pseudo force like centrifugal force.

If a tree's maximum height is 130m then that's how high it will grow irrespective of whether the surface we live on is flat or a globe.
galdur

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:51:48 AM

The acceleration of the force we call gravity is measured to be roughly the same all over the surface (9.81 m/s2). However, this says nothing about its cause or mechanism of action which seems to me to be electromagnetic in nature. This being the case gravity would be a pseudo force like centrifugal force.

If a tree's maximum height is 130m then that's how high it will grow irrespective of whether the surface we live on is flat or a globe.

All right, since gravity doesn´t exist but things fall to earth due to some electromagnetic force how does a compass work on a flat earth? It has no north or south pole, right? As you may know; all magnets have two poles.

galdur

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:58:56 AM

Some recap from fourth grade...

A compass points north because all magnets have two poles , a north pole and a south pole, and the north pole of one magnet is attracted to the south pole of another magnet. (You may have seen this demonstrated by a pair of simple bar magnets or refrigerator magnets pushed end to end.)

The Earth is a magnet that can interact with other magnets in this way, so the north end of a compass magnet is drawn to align with the Earth's magnetic field. Because the Earth's magnetic North Pole attracts the "north" ends of other magnets, it is technically the "South Pole" of our planet's magnetic field.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:01:09 AM

All right, since gravity doesn´t exist but things fall to earth due to some electromagnetic force how does a compass work on a flat earth? It has no north or south pole, right? As you may know; all magnets have two poles.

It's like the ring magnet in a speaker, the N pole is at the center and the S pole is around the circumference.
galdur

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:14:42 AM

It's like the ring magnet in a speaker, the N pole is at the center and the S pole is around the circumference.

I think it´s time to close this pointless topic.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:10:10 AM

I think it´s time to close this pointless topic.

Fortunately the little knobs that control the horizontal and vertical here are out of your reach.  Tongue
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:32:10 PM

stop this bs googling stuff please.

gravity is caused by "universal accerleration" you flat earth noobs.  Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌