Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How good is trezzor wallet  (Read 4208 times)
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:08:49 PM

Any thoughts? I want to store by BTC safely and securely offline. Anybody got any experience of using trezzor for that? Positives and negatives?

The best investment you can get to secure your Bitcoins. Really, nothing but the positives about the Trezor.
Only negative is the price, kind of steep but this also depends how many Bitcoins you have. In my opinion, anybody over 10 Bitcoins should have one. If you have 10 BTCs, at the current prices, this is only 4% to secure your investment.

As Trezor gets more used, I imagine the price will go down as well.

This is the thing for me as well the high price, I would hope the price would continue to come down a bit more. I have read the reviews and think it is a good idea, but the $120 price is a bit high, even if they have come down from $300+.

For me, I would think the trezor is best suited to carry 1-5 BTC around for easy of access with some piece of mine they are secure. For people with larger amounts of BTC to secure (10's or 100's+), I believe they would prefer to keep them in separate paper wallets for maximum security. I just cannot see trusting high amounts of BTC to a single wallet or device.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:30:38 PM

they should drop it to 50 bucks, they would sell so much more, i would definitely buy one  over any other device at that price. seems like there just a bunch of tech savy guys that didnt hire a marketing dude.  i really do want one tho, not at this price when i have way cheaper options.
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:40:58 AM

i think he is talking about a safebox in his house, he can control it easily if he know the combination
That's a horrible idea, what if your house is broken into and someone grabs your lockbox? you pry those things open in seconds with a crowbar

I honestly believe my methods are the safest possible:
For my hot wallet I use my Trezor, for cold I use paper wallets and store them in a safe deposit box ( insured!  Wink )
I also keep my recovery card in my safe deposit box

safe deposit box can be broken as well it's not they are immune to thieves, the big thing to have when you hold plenty of money isn't the security of it but the awareness of the people about it, in other word don't tell to anyone that you're holdin a big amount and you're safe

It doesn't matter if my safe deposit box is robbed, that's what the insurance policy is for. I make a claim and get my money back. It's much safer to keep your paper wallets at a bank versus hiding them somewhere inside your house.

If you had that deposit box in Japan, then the insurance probably wouldn't pay out as Japanese law says a Bitcoin doesn't even exist and therefore you cannot be compensated for something that you didn't lose in the first place.

Bearing in mind all the new laws that are shifting around crypto, I wouldn't trust any insurance company to pay out. Insurance companies make their money with clauses and slide-rule identification at point of claim.

If they can find a law that means they don't have to pay out, they will.
subwoofer12

Activity: 251
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:10:14 PM

If you had that deposit box in Japan, then the insurance probably wouldn't pay out as Japanese law says a Bitcoin doesn't even exist and therefore you cannot be compensated for something that you didn't lose in the first place.

Bearing in mind all the new laws that are shifting around crypto, I wouldn't trust any insurance company to pay out. Insurance companies make their money with clauses and slide-rule identification at point of claim.

Fortunately, I live in the United States where bitcoin is considered property. I just e-mailed the insurance company also to confirm I'd be covered  Wink

Yes, the value of the bitcoins stored on the Trezor would be insurable under our policy against damage or destruction from a flood or any other natural disaster; in addition fire, burglary, robbery and other catastrophes would be covered. You simply need to select the amount of coverage you desire. In the event of loss, the replacement cost for the bitcoins and the storage device would be used to compensate you for the loss; if the replacement costs exceeds the amount of coverage you were carrying, you would simply be paid the coverage limits.

I didn't inquire about paper wallets, but I assume the same would hold true.
Dire

Activity: 112

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:30:07 PM

Fortunately, I live in the United States where bitcoin is considered property. I just e-mailed the insurance company also to confirm I'd be covered  Wink

Yes, the value of the bitcoins stored on the Trezor would be insurable under our policy against damage or destruction from a flood or any other natural disaster; in addition fire, burglary, robbery and other catastrophes would be covered. You simply need to select the amount of coverage you desire. In the event of loss, the replacement cost for the bitcoins and the storage device would be used to compensate you for the loss; if the replacement costs exceeds the amount of coverage you were carrying, you would simply be paid the coverage limits.

I didn't inquire about paper wallets, but I assume the same would hold true.

That's good. Not so long ago Bitcoin insurance was a touchy subject, then Lloyds of London published their insurance guide for it and it seems the standard practices for Bitcoin insurance are being implemented.

To anyone else looking to get a Trezor, I put it in another thread but figure it might be helpful here too: Trezor is now down to $99 and the price for the DHL delivery is lowered too.

$99 is for the white and grey Trezor though, the black one is a touch more expensive. I'm guessing the colors white and grey are less popular for Trezor?
CheckOut3

Activity: 51

Social Media Products

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:43:53 AM

Actually i have never tried it before, Blockchain is the best for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: