Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 10:18:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one is the best Bitcoin VISA debit card?  (Read 1481 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:08:35 PM

Xapo and Bit-X have a good reputation. You could try one of those.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:18:29 PM

Yes, but xapo was told to be painful to accept ID verifications and i'm hoping bit-x will remove the 0.002 per transaction, otherwise they're the most logical choice, but smaller payments
should be avoided then, financial-wise. Or just use some other card for smaller payments, for examle: i'm using Skrill card only currently, but plan to add bit'x for medium and bigger transactions.

cheers

var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:35:13 PM

Yes, but xapo was told to be painful to accept ID verifications and i'm hoping bit-x will remove the 0.002 per transaction, otherwise they're the most logical choice, but smaller payments
should be avoided then, financial-wise. Or just use some other card for smaller payments, for examle: i'm using Skrill card only currently, but plan to add bit'x for medium and bigger transactions.

cheers

Is the 0.002 per transaction all that bit-x charges?

How does it work? Do you top it up through a bit-x exchange account, and can you use it in ATMs to withdraw cash? I know Bitstamp is offering a card but apparently the charges are very high. Although Bitstamp requires ID verification to register, I assume bit-x does not.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:29:11 AM

cheers

Is the 0.002 per transaction all that bit-x charges?

How does it work? Do you top it up through a bit-x exchange account, and can you use it in ATMs to withdraw cash? I know Bitstamp is offering a card but apparently the charges are very high. Although Bitstamp requires ID verification to register, I assume bit-x does not.

No it's not all, but it's what buggs me personally the most, since i would like to use the card for all transactions.
You have a thread that is describing all of the costs and fees regarding bit'x debit card here ; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006153.0

You are correct regarding verification, but note that there are restrictions if you don't verify, which are probably there in regards to anti-money laundering laws.

cheers
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:25:51 AM

I want to use it in the EU. Thanks for the suggestions.

Will bitcoin VISA debit card support multi currencies?
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:44:39 AM

The one I mentioned on page 1 does. Dollars, Euros and pounds at the moment, with more to be added.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6699

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 02:59:57 AM

Depends on the card. Most currently support USD, GBP, the Euro. Some support other currencies as well. I don't know if the cards can be filled with other cryptocurrencies though. They all accept Bitcoin.

yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:43:48 AM

Before I got mine, I took some time reviewing the alternatives, and my conclusion is that Bit-X' card is the best at the moment. This partly has to do with me also being a customer there.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:51:00 AM

Using Circle you can send withdrawals to your Visa credit card.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: