Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do escrows get paid?  (Read 466 times)
DiscoverCebu (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:43:59 PM

Well I have seen many escrows but they seem to take only a really small amount of btcs in exchange for such a big amount of btcs they are trusted with.
So, my question is simple- How much are escrows paid each week on an average?
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:55:50 PM

Well I have seen many escrows but they seem to take only a really small amount of btcs in exchange for such a big amount of btcs they are trusted with.

I don't think they get paid from the admin, maybe they are but i don't know any of them.
Each escrow has it owns rate, so the rates are different from different escrows.
Some does charge 0.5-2% of the amount they escrow.
The others are good people too, they do not charge anything, they accept tips or any kind of donation.
They help us a lot, big respect for them.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:58:05 PM

There is no "paid each week on a average" , each Escrow have his own rates and he work alone and he is not paid by moderators or staff or whatever .
Check here for example on the big four list : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0 , as you can see some people have fees like Devthedev 2% of the transaction , and others like Monbux have nothing and do escrow services just to help members and for free .  Each one of them is free to setup his own rates

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:51:45 PM

It seems that most escrow providers charge 0% fees so I suspect they make very little on the transactions they escrow. I think it's safe to say they're making less than $5 USD per hour for their work.

It's harder to say for the more popular escrow providers (OgNasty, Tomatocage, etc) but I suspect they'd make a few bitcoin per month running their services.

Most providers don't do it for the money though, they do it to help out the community and keep others safe from potential scams.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:37:01 AM

I would say that I make somewhere between .15 and .3 BTC per month handling escrows. Maybe a little bit more, probably not less. That is based on my minimum fee of .0075 per transaction and charging 1% of any bitcoin held. This would include the occasional tip that I receive for my services, although, most commonly all that I receive is the fee that I charge. I am not sure how often the escrows that offer their services for free/tips receive any kind of tips.

The vast majority of transactions go smoothly and have no disputes, and as a result the most difficult part of the transaction is writing up the escrow agreement, however most trades are standard enough so that templates can be used for the majority of escrow agreements.

Running escrow is far from a full time job, although the per hour payment for the work involved in acting as escrow is going to be far above of someone flipping burgers at a fast food restaurant, even at somewhere where the liberals have made the minimum wage $15 per hour.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 05:49:24 AM

Most escrows these days work on 0% commission to it's not a way to earn money for most Smiley
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:32:56 AM

I would say that I make somewhere between .15 and .3 BTC per month handling escrows. Maybe a little bit more, probably not less. That is based on my minimum fee of .0075 per transaction and charging 1% of any bitcoin held. This would include the occasional tip that I receive for my services, although, most commonly all that I receive is the fee that I charge. I am not sure how often the escrows that offer their services for free/tips receive any kind of tips.

The vast majority of transactions go smoothly and have no disputes, and as a result the most difficult part of the transaction is writing up the escrow agreement, however most trades are standard enough so that templates can be used for the majority of escrow agreements.

Running escrow is far from a full time job, although the per hour payment for the work involved in acting as escrow is going to be far above of someone flipping burgers at a fast food restaurant, even at somewhere where the liberals have made the minimum wage $15 per hour.

id like to ask, around how many escrow requests do you get in a month on average given your reputation on the forum?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:44:54 AM

Most escrows these days work on 0% commission to it's not a way to earn money for most Smiley

apparently there is not enough demand that's the problem otherwise they will charge a higher fee, i remember in the past the fees where higher, with many that were doing escrow for the altcoin section, that business is dead now and thus the demand

there are still someone like escrow.ms that makes you pay 1%
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 08:39:26 AM

True, they don't charge anything for small trades but if you're hiring them for trades which are bigger in value or the trades for longer period of time such as Sig Campaign escrow then do charge a fee and even for smaller trades they usually get tips which sometimes are better than what they'd get in fee if there were to charge for it.

There are escrows like Muhammad Zakir who even cover the TX fee of your trade and don't charge anything for it.

there are still someone like escrow.ms that makes you pay 1%

escrow.ms isn't offering any escrow services atm afaik.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
DiscoverCebu (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:24:34 AM

id like to ask, around how many escrow requests do you get in a month on average given your reputation on the forum?
Yup comments from the actual escrows would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: