Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we hate PayPal  (Read 1230 times)
SlaveInDebt (OP)

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:14:16 AM

Buyer purchased a cpu from myself. Sent cpu in padded envelope via USPS Priority mail with tracking and I have the receipt showing weight of 2.6oz. Buyer receives package thats been damaged and labeled at such, back side shown and I have 2 others, one showing he opened the seal.

The cpu is the size roughly of a silver dollar and weighs near that. Very noticeable in padded envelope to whether or not it's in there. Buyer opens package to find nothing as he claims, even sends photo's of opened package.
My problem is I can't file a claim with USPS because he opened it and thus accepted it and could defraud them(USPS). Far enough makes sense.
However, Paypal of course has already favored him in the dispute and requested him to
ship the merchandise back to you. The merchandise will be in the same
condition as when the buyer received it
So what am I to do with an empty package? Refuse it as he should have done. USPS could have determined fraud/mishandling on their part had he done so and reimbursed me but now I'm left being held responsible for fraud/mishandling on the buyer or USPS behalf.

Any advice or shared rage?

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:18:29 AM

I hate Painpal for similar reasons.

The only advice i can give: Never use Painpal again!
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:23:09 AM

Easy solution

Contact USPS and find out if he signed for package as being unopened. They have to make note of that, if he signed for an opened package and there is proof of that, then you wont be liable since he had the option to accept and sign.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
SlaveInDebt (OP)

Your Minion

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:27:59 AM

Easy solution

Contact USPS and find out if he signed for package as being unopened. They have to make note of that, if he signed for an opened package and there is proof of that, then you wont be liable since he had the option to accept and sign.

Package was not shipped with delivery confirmation thus no signing. Are you saying damaged packages must be signed for regardless of shipping service?

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
spleeder

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 10:35:59 AM

I've been in a similar situation so I sympathize with you Sad
WilliamJohnson

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:07:49 AM

I don't know how much your CPU was worth, but for anything with substantial value, ship with delivery confirmation.
SlaveInDebt (OP)

Your Minion

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:14:40 AM

I don't know how much your CPU was worth, but for anything with substantial value, ship with delivery confirmation.

Second look it was shipped with delivery confirmation just not with signature confirmation or whatever service they call it thats a step up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: