Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:23:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270074 times)
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:59:38 PM

It seems like it's the best investment these days. Everyday more and more people learns about btc and wants to invest so i just think there are many factors to help it's rising. I'm not selling  Grin
There is always a right time to sell, for now, since we see that the price of bitcoin continue to rise then I guess we should
always believe and wait for the right time to sell, it's good to be optimistic because bitcoin is so powerful that anytime the value will pump.
In my opinion, I think it's scary instead of optimistic.
The Bitcoin price has increased in value despite all the reasons, all the rumors about the value.
It doesn't care anything, just increase and make people around the world unexpected.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:06:17 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
I think the real reason why we should keep our bitcoins in a long time is because of the deflation that is always happening. The price of the bitcoin reached $19,500 per each and it seems that the bitcoin will become more valuable.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:12:42 PM

It seems like it's the best investment these days. Everyday more and more people learns about btc and wants to invest so i just think there are many factors to help it's rising. I'm not selling  Grin
There is always a right time to sell, for now, since we see that the price of bitcoin continue to rise then I guess we should
always believe and wait for the right time to sell, it's good to be optimistic because bitcoin is so powerful that anytime the value will pump.
In my opinion, I think it's scary instead of optimistic.
The Bitcoin price has increased in value despite all the reasons, all the rumors about the value.
It doesn't care anything, just increase and make people around the world unexpected.
Even though we all know that the it is better to always hold your bitcoins and never sell them, sometimes we come into a situation where that we have no choice but to sell the bitcoins for an emergency situation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:35:45 AM

NOT selling Bitcoins ever = NO Lambo
It is logical that at some point it may be necessary to sell, however what if you could buy your lambo without the need to sell your bitcoin, you could buy a lambo directly with bitcoin and that is the point that the OP was trying to make when he started this topic.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:55:54 AM

NOT selling Bitcoins ever = NO Lambo
It is logical that at some point it may be necessary to sell, however what if you could buy your lambo without the need to sell your bitcoin, you could buy a lambo directly with bitcoin and that is the point that the OP was trying to make when he started this topic.
Yes, it is agreeable that the price of the bitcoin is getting higher and higher day by day but what is the fun of the profit which you cannot enjoy. The best practice in this regard is to define your capital investment and then set the target, and then once you have achieved your target, you can enjoy with the profit without touching the capital amount you have invested. Since your capital is still invested, you can still enjoy all the fluctuations of the market.
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:15:01 PM

You should never sell your coins so you don't have to pay taxes. Smiley
Seriously they try to cut down %35 + %18, what a corrupted government. They want to cut more than half of our holdings, they don't even care about our loss. If you have something you need to pay tax, no matter if you made profit or not. I think about changing citizenship because of these stupid rules and regulations. If I could find a good passport that works every country and tax free for crypto currencies I would apply for them. People live with fear if they use local exchanges their bank accounts could be freezed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:17:00 PM

i do not think that we do not need to sell bitcoin because bitcoin is met to be sell for fiat or exchange for altcoins.

the right question is, why you should invest in bitcoin for a long time. and the answer is because you will get a lot of profit in this bitcoin.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:38:22 PM

Because I hope and believe bitcoin prices will continue to rise and continue to rise then I prefer to hold tetco bitcoin that I have in the hope of getting more profit than sold now.
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Sir, deciding for Bitcoin to not to sell ever is too risky. We have no idea about what's gonna happen in the next years of it's existence. Also, I don't think that it was a good idea. It is more safe if you at least sell some of it or convert it as Fiat. If you stock your money in one place and will crash soon, it's your loss. Better to devide it in some places.
Sleepy18

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:51:33 PM

Dude why we should never sell bitcoin? If you wont sell that, you would not get any profit in it and you will lose assests. If you are afraid to sell it set a maximum value that when that coin reaches that kind of amount you are ready to sell it. Me personally when talking about invest you must see the peogress of that and you should earn so that you will  be motivated to try anothing like related to bitcoin. Also you must be aware to the news concerning about bitcoin for us to decide very well because we invest
louisedem

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:10:57 PM

Yes Bitcoin is like a long term investment and have proven to give very very good returns in long term and more profitable than gold.
In 2009 you could buy lots of Bitcoin for $1 and in 2013 price was above 1000$ for one Bitcoin only.

Yes I agree with that, but to tell you honestly if you are just aiming for getting richer and richer you dont have work hard. Well my idea of being successful is when you become profitable you reward yourself as way of showing kindness to yourself, I dont get the idea why people keep saying dont ever sell your Bitcoin, when is the right time? I think the urge to become richer is not good already, using bitcoin is not only for the sake of yourself I think, you can be able to help the community as well as if you used your Bitcoin you can sponsor some charities which is very helpful.

cryptocurious18

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:15:13 PM

I think that holding  bitcoin is  not good. The reason why people want to earn bitcoin is for them to earn money and i suggest to invest some coin to altcoin It's good to spend bitcoin from time to time
Madmim

Activity: 36
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:34:21 PM

Really wish I had took some interest when I came to know about bitcoin. I could have got few bitcoins with least effort from when faucets were offering good amounts for visiting their site. At that time I was so foolish not to care about this.
androidr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:38:33 PM

Collecting bitcoin as a investment for the future is good. People sell bitcoin if the price decreases continuously and if the price is very high. They don't see the targeted profit they earn. This needs to be considered while you sell. Better hold it and sell only during the time of halving that occurs every $ years.
allabtcripto

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:47:52 PM

bitcoin is more stable currency. if you sell your btc you never buy at same price you need to buy at higher price so you loose your profit.
LedyVik

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:31:43 PM

Well, I think that sooner or later still have to sell them. Otherwise, what then is the sense to collect and save? After all, we will not take it with us to the grave Roll Eyes. Just wait when the rate will rise and it will be more convenient to sell them. But on the other hand, we do not know what awaits us tomorrow, and maybe so that we can not wait for that "right" moment. Appreciate every day, gentlemen. Wink
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:10:50 PM

bitcoin is more stable currency. if you sell your btc you never buy at same price you need to buy at higher price so you loose your profit.

Bitcoins need to be stored. it all depends on when you bought them. If at the beginning, then I would exchange now, and if only now, then two more years, at least it is necessary for implementation.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:35:13 PM

It is my aim to collect more and more bitcoin for me and for my family i have spent all my money to buy bitcoin and altcoin for future there are very much good opportunities came to avail the benefit of selling at a high price as compared to now it will good to sell that at that time i feel happy when i look at my current reserve of bitcoin that's why i don't want to sell my bitcoin ever. i will try to earn more and more

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:57:52 PM

Yes Bitcoin is like a long term investment and have proven to give very very good returns in long term and more profitable than gold.
In 2009 you could buy lots of Bitcoin for $1 and in 2013 price was above 1000$ for one Bitcoin only.

Yes I agree with that, but to tell you honestly if you are just aiming for getting richer and richer you dont have work hard. Well my idea of being successful is when you become profitable you reward yourself as way of showing kindness to yourself, I dont get the idea why people keep saying dont ever sell your Bitcoin, when is the right time? I think the urge to become richer is not good already, using bitcoin is not only for the sake of yourself I think, you can be able to help the community as well as if you used your Bitcoin you can sponsor some charities which is very helpful.
If I want to donate some charities, I do not think I will spend my Bitcoin for it. Remember, the transaction fees and the current network of Bitcoin are not reasonable to create transaction for this case. You will need to spend more than $100 to confirm your transaction sooner than other transactions.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Lonthe

Activity: 384
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:29:21 AM

I never sell bitcoin because I'm sure that someday bitcoin may rise up to $ 100,000 per btc so I'm not interested in selling bitcoin in the near future, I will keep until the price can reach at least $ 100,000.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: