Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:54:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:10:06 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
  As far as I understand, we earn bitcoin in order to spend it. If there is no way to make purchases for bitcoin, then why not change bitcoin for fiat? that's when bitcoin will accept payment structures then do not have to sell it.
You are wrong. Do you think Bitcoin is useful for payment? Do you think a transaction can make you spend 20-40$ to get fast confirmation within 30 minutes? Remember, if you transaction still not has confirm, the sender can get that amount again with double spending. And the normal time to confirm a transaction hash of Bitcoin is 15-30 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:29:45 PM

To convert from BTC to fiat there will be a fee, whereas just buying whatever it is directly with bitcoin there will not.

it is really true when buy there is no shipping cost because the seller who sent it, but if we sell there is a fee, what else now we know the bitcoin delivery fee is very expensive so then if it does not need once I do not do bitcoin transactions
crypto90

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:39:20 PM

Well the remark isn;t really good. If you never sell the btc you never make profit. I do agree that holding is a good thing but you need to know how much to do so
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:10:21 AM

There is still going to be a long way before the mass accepts bitcoin and use it on their everyday lives so I'm still going to continue buying and selling because it's where the opportunity comes from.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:21:40 AM

im not selling my BTCs - im just using tchem to buy goods.

not my fault some companies sell them later tho..

Good for you that you are only using btc as payment to buy goods. I preferably holding my bitcoin because i wanted to sell it later at a higher price that would give ma double or triple ROI. Smiley
For taking the advantage of something, you must be sure about that one thing. There must be no doubt in that particular thing. You must be clear and cluster for what you are putting your investment in. same in the case of bitcoins now, one must put hundred percent confidence in them. Bitcoins are amazing and they will not be going to die. Hold bitcoins for long term and earn more money.
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:48:56 AM

My main reason is that someday the price will be very expensive, as happened with the year 2017 that the price increase has reached more than 1000% and I'm sure the year 2018 can be better than the year 2017.
pogiparin

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:32:42 PM

Material goods in our situation can only be paid by paper money. There are some companies that use bitcoins but most companies use dollars. I think it is still the same since you get what you want by mining bitcoins, convert it to money, and buy whatever you want.

|█     |     DPH     |     D I G I P H A R M     |     █|
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
╚════════   WWW.DIGIPHARM.CH   ════════╝
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:07:25 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
I think it was too risky. First of all we have no assurance that bitcoin will be there til future. Besides, there are still many users that tend to hold it for a long time. However, the decision will always from them. Base on what I have read here, it is better to sell some of it when its price dumps to gain bigger profit.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
James_Spider501

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:34 PM

for the greatest benefit of speculation ofcourse. I am not that skilled in exchanging term, so I lean toward clutch some coin and make the most of their costs up in the matter of time. all things considered, it is smarter to put than remain in paper cash
MaskOffFuture

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:13:45 PM

My main reason is that someday the price will be very expensive, as happened with the year 2017 that the price increase has reached more than 1000% and I'm sure the year 2018 can be better than the year 2017.

Holding bitcoin is important but affording this is hard and we can't do this all the time. We should push ourselves to make this happen. We shouldn't sell it for minimal profit.
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:28:32 PM

I will not suggest any one to never sell your bitcoins, when  one is in dire need of finances they will not have any other option rather than selling bitcoins but they should keep in mind to sell them when there is a pump in the bitcoin market, there are people in the early stages of bitcoins who have hold their bitcoins and has earned good profits as the price of bitcoins has surpassed above $ 10000 all I would say is that in order for the bitcoin network to get busy   the bitcoins holder's should sell their bitcoins, only then the price keeps on shooting and new people get a chance to enjoy the benefits of bitcoins.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
jlaw007

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:44:36 PM

Investing in bitcoin is like investing in stocks. "Price fluctuate". When should you buy stocks? high or low? Low. When should you sell stocks? High. Don't invest if you don't have the extra money to invest in the risk and if you don't have the time to wait for your investment to appreciate.
jonosutio

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:10:11 PM

yes I will not sell my bitcoin anymore, simply sell it because I now focus on bitcoin as much as possible and I use for bitcoin investment. a lot of people who are looking for bitcoin to get a little sweet coffee to feel it. how much do you drink sweet coffee?
mprepkiah

Activity: 216

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:31:20 PM

yes I will not sell my bitcoin anymore, simply sell it because I now focus on bitcoin as much as possible and I use for bitcoin investment. a lot of people who are looking for bitcoin to get a little sweet coffee to feel it. how much do you drink sweet coffee?
some people make short-term investments at the moment, hear you make long-term investments I have some questions, do you have a sales target?
hannahB4

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:54:45 PM

Time will come when you need to sell your bitcoins but the right timing matters most and this is what can't be easily predicted and often being said that you only sell when price is high but for now I think people will still hold up their bitcoin.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:05:30 PM

some people make short-term investments at the moment, hear you make long-term investments I have some questions, do you have a sales target?
There are many people who has just sold Bitcoin and it suddenly come back again. It makes people feel regret and lost money. If they continued saving Bitcoin and not selling their Bitcoin, they wouldn't lose money. Bitcoin is a long term investment, that's why you have to be patient, don't be afraid and be wise.

wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:06:14 PM

There are many people who has just sold Bitcoin and it suddenly come back again. It makes people feel regret and lost money. If they continued saving Bitcoin and not selling their Bitcoin, they wouldn't lose money. Bitcoin is a long term investment, that's why you have to be patient, don't be afraid and be wise.

bitcoin price is fluctuations, so it's better not always on hold, you can sell when the price is high, and buy more when prices fall. If you are in doubt you can sell most and don't sell all. do such as trading was however at the price range which is quite far away. I did this and have already collected more bitcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:47:24 PM

I think it was too risky. First of all we have no assurance that bitcoin will be there til future. Besides, there are still many users that tend to hold it for a long time. However, the decision will always from them. Base on what I have read here, it is better to sell some of it when its price dumps to gain bigger profit.

In the bearish trending, the best choice to help you keep safe your capital is sell to USDT or FIAT. Then, buy Bitcoin or which coins you are trading again at lower price to help you optomize the amount you are holding. Although in the USD rates can be lower than the past time, but you are having profit.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
sportroma2805

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:50:19 PM

Paнo или пoзднo тoмy ктo кyпил биткoины вce paвнo зaxoчeтcя иx пpoдaть пo xopoшeмy кypcy
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

I won't say never, but holding instead of panic selling is advised. I remember i did some panic selling in the past.
But after the last dip i know it's better to buy more instead of selling.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: